Days of Future Past Caleb Landry Jones cast as Banshee

The age thing may be a problem yeah to bring banshee back in the 80s, i dunno how old he would be, i suppose in his mid to late 30s

havok can get away with it in DOFP because he would be in his late 20s and lucas till is 23 years of age

Last edited:
The series doesn't have a good track record for being gone one film and not
coming back.

Toad, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Siryn, etc.... And Banshee was a character that wasn't really well developed. Then in terms of importance to the series, he's not like Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm.

The only exception for this is Sabretooth. A henchman that got more development in the 2nd movie (which was a prequel).

The age thing may be a problem yeah to bring banshee back in the 80s, i dunno how old he would be, i suppose in his mid to late 30s

havok can get away with it in DOFP because he would be in his late 20s and lucas till is 23 years of age

whats the point of signing an older actor for Banshee when all his FC mates are playing their roles 11 years later without aging their looks? same thing they'll do in the sequel :huh:

It would have been neat to have him back.

I actually think Banshee was the most developed young mutant outside of Mystique and Beast. He went from a regular teen who liked to goof around to a well trained fighter that stepped up when he didn't even really have to.

I don't think he was developed at all. He just outshone Havok because

1. The scene where he fell off the window got the most laughs (I've seen it trice inside the theater and it was always the case).
2. His personality
3. His mutant powers are much cooler than Havok's, imo.

And because he's a much better actor than the Havok guy.

He was well cast, well acted, had the right look, showed off a cool power, and had a distinct personality.

Really couldn't ask for more when it comes to such a small role. We'll be lucky if Warpath and Sunspot get the same treatment.

I loved Banshee, and even more so that he was goofy and gawky and not a Hollywood pretty boy because it helped give him more character. The scene where he flies over the sea and then dives in to create the sonar effect is fantastic.

If they wanted to bring the character back in a later film and cast an older actor, then Eddie Redmayne would be ideal.

^I agree, I thought Banshee was great in FC and its a shame he isnt coming back for DOFP, if we get FC3 though, I hope he comes back.

He definitely stood out from the Angels, Darwins, Havoks, Riptides, of FC but not really saying much.

And he did not have a cringe-inducing scene or line in the movie, a la Mystique's "Mutant and proud!" or Beast's horrible make-up job at the hangar. I did see bad reaction shots (ie. bad acting) from the actor during the CIA attack scene when the kids were cornered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"