Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered

I'm sure I'm late to the party here, but I just played the CoD4 demo on my PC and fell in love. It looks spectacular and it's tons of fun. It's kind of tough adapting from the run-and-gun style of more fictionalized FPSes--which I'm used to--to the more realistic, find-cover-sit-still-and-aim style of CoD4, but once I got the hang of it and figured out which guns suck and which don't, it was tons of fun.

My only real complaint about the game is the infinitely spawning enemies. I get that it's an objective-based game, but isn't eliminating opposition supposed to be kind of the point? It seems lame that the game will just keep spawning terrorists in the same numbers at me until I go along with whatever objective they want me to do. They could at least thin the herd a bit and spawn them a little slower over time to give the illusion that taking enemies out actually achieves something.

Still, great game. I plan on buying it as soon as I scrounge up the green.

I'm sure I'm late to the party here, but I just played the CoD4 demo on my PC and fell in love. It looks spectacular and it's tons of fun. It's kind of tough adapting from the run-and-gun style of more fictionalized FPSes--which I'm used to--to the more realistic, find-cover-sit-still-and-aim style of CoD4, but once I got the hang of it and figured out which guns suck and which don't, it was tons of fun.

My only real complaint about the game is the infinitely spawning enemies. I get that it's an objective-based game, but isn't eliminating opposition supposed to be kind of the point? It seems lame that the game will just keep spawning terrorists in the same numbers at me until I go along with whatever objective they want me to do. They could at least thin the herd a bit and spawn them a little slower over time to give the illusion that taking enemies out actually achieves something.

Still, great game. I plan on buying it as soon as I scrounge up the green.

Yeah, that was one small gripe of mine. its makes Veteran mode much easier though, as you think "Right, area filled with guards, I'll just run to this bit, where they won't spawn anymore, and kill em, easy as pie.

That completely kills the otherwise impressive immersive quality of the game, though. :(

Has anyone had any problems connecting to people on their friends list? I dont have a problem finding games but when i buddy sends me an invite, often i will get and "Error" and i wont be able to join his party.

I just finished this game...and it is the best game I've ever played...

At the end, and when your character dies, I almost cried. After the helicopter shot down, my eyes were tearing. Infinity Ward really put together a great game...Gaz and all the other members died too...Hopefully Price didn't die

Overall, great game. I am totally shocked...

I just finished this game...and it is the best game I've ever played...

At the end, and when your character dies, I almost cried. After the helicopter shot down, my eyes were tearing. Infinity Ward really put together a great game...Gaz and all the other members died too...Hopefully Price didn't die

Overall, great game. I am totally shocked...

That trumpet playing when you look over and see the Russian Soldier pounding on Pricey's chest was a great use of music. It was a truly phenominal ending to an incredible game.

i bought this games today i heard alot of good things about it ill hope its worth £45 even if it does make up for it online

I can get it for $27 this week and I havent decided if I should jump on it. Im not big on console FPS and didnt care for what little Ive played of the past COD games but everyone keeps hyping this up as one of the best games this year

Well CoD3 wasn't handled by Infinity Ward so try not to judge the series on that. This isn't some flavor of the month shooter. It can be easy to label it as such with all the Rainbow Six games and GRAW at first glance this could just seem like another modern shooter but really this is the best FPS out right now. It has the best campaign and best multiplayer. It was one of the first times where I loved the campaign as much as multiplayer. It is one of the best games, if not the best game of the year. IGN gave it GOTY for the 360.

ive been playing it for about 2 hours now just stopped for a break and i must say it is one awesome game lol i got so into it i found myself screaming at the screen

The music was great throughout. I liked how when the nuke went off and the helicopter started spinning out of control, the music started at first very softly then rose and then cut out right before it crashed. Little things like that really make the game more cinematic and it just makes it all the more enveloping.

I thought Gaz would make it, but when he got executed right in front of you , it was like "Damn". It was really one of the first times in a FPS like this where I cared about the characters. I think Price will live, hopefully for a sequel.

Yeah if you play it on Hardened or Veteran, there are some crazy intense firefights in the game, some of the hardest I've played.

bought this game today for the PS3 totaly felel in love with it and ive only been playing for about 2 hours im yet to experience the online multiplayer but if anyone would like a game give me a shout some time

:( that test you do at the begging, it said i should stay on normal lol so i decided to takes its advice

Thats alright. But after you play through it on normal, you should definitely try hardened for a second play through.

oh i will, i think this is one of the few games i will truly enjoy and actualy complete

COD4 is truly amazing but of all 2007 games, I don't think it's number one and most amazing for 2007. BioShock should come first and then Mass Effect IMHO.

But I gotta admit that COD4's multiplayer is best in years, even more fun than Team Fortress 2.

What kind of online modes does it have besides the standard deathmatch and CTF?

There are a few different variations of CTF and TD like Hardcore where the damage is ramped up. There there is Old School where weapons and perks/ power ups are littered around the map and you start out with a pistol. Then theres a combo of those two modes called Oldcore. Search and Destroy as well where one team has to plant a bomb and the other has 2 areas to defend it from being planted. There more, thats just all I can think off the top of my head right now.

okay you guys have me tempted into picking it up on Wednesday. For those who have both, how does this hold up against Unreal Tournament 3

um, i tried getting call of duty online but for some reason it just said it was looking for games, tried it a couple of times and it said the same thing can anyone help? do i have to finish the campaign first or something?

No you don't have to finish the campaign. Are you playing it on 360 or PS3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"