Calling it now: the triple sonic boom will be Superman's signature move in the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think either the sonic booms or the glasses scene will be the final scene of the movie.

The animation quality for Batman during the Superman years really went downhill.
I actually preferred the later/2nd generation of Batman TAS. I thought it was sleeker and sharper overall.

No, no, no. His signature move should be just standing there screaming while he powers up....

Superman powering up: ARGHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hhhhhhhhhhh, hhhhh

(10 minutes later, Zod looks at his watch) is this gonna take much longer??

Superman ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ( takes breath) HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ZOD: ( pats foot ) well?????

SUPERMAN: Holds up a finger in a ''just a second'' gesture, ''ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh......hhhhhh......hhhhhhh

( Zod rolls his eyes )

(Suddenly, from out of the shadows, a dark figure appears.)

BATMAN: ( In a hoarse voice ) ''I'm Baaatmaaan''. He then proceeds to shoot Zod dead with a kryptonite laser.

SUPERMAN: ( out of breath ) party pooper.

BATMAN. ( long silence as he stares at superman ) ''I'm Batman, i'm Batman, i'm BAT......MAN''

This is so bizarre that it's hilarious. :lmao:

The animation was better, but some of the character designs were worse.

Was that when Bane had the S&M dog collar?

After seeing the new trailer with the additional footage of Supes powering up affecting the environment around him with anti gravity, I think there will be a dramatic scene near the end of the film where he powerups similarly, and then goes through the triple sonic boom to destroy something, possibly at great risk to himself. :)

Batman vs. Superman I

2e3wg8i.jpg
You'd think that he would be able to hear better with those big bunny ears! :D

Last edited:
I sawReturns for the first time in years the other day. I never noticed that Routh makes a sonic boom almost identical to the one in the trailer. It happened so quick that I forgot it ever took place in that movie. It was one quick sonic boom as opposed to three quick sonic booms in the MOS trailer. Anyways, I wouldn't mind seeing him do this a few times in the movie, especially.since no one remembers him doing it in SR. It just goes to show you once is not enough to make it memorable, needs to be done twice, three times tops in order for it to stick out in a person's mind.

Arta, no offense, but using the term "signature move" belies your inherent misunderstanding of the character of Superman.

He's not a vapid, forgettable character of anime or an even more hollow skin in a fighting game. He's the first and perhaps the greatest superhero. He's a literary character that has survived for three quarters of a century and will continue to endure long after we're all gone.

So please, go and do some reading on the character so you can get a grasp on him other than what you've seen in a two-minute trailer or a video game preview.

I recommend these collections:
*Superman For All Seasons
*Superman: Secret Identity
*Superman: The Man of Steel
*The Death of Superman Trilogy
*All-Star Superman
*Superman and The Men of Steel
*Kingdom Come
*Superman: Up, Up, and Away!

Read a few (or all) of these and then let's see if you still want to make ridiculous statements like "Superman's signature move will be..."

\S/

I think that's enough with this thread. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"