World Campaign?

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
Would Spider-man be more close to his "classic" days if he were in more ads and commercials? Like if they had those fruit pies where the super heroes defeat crime and then eat like strawberry pies. Or if he were in a new Got Milk? ad.

People are more familiar with the 1960's Parker I think. He's the one that we model Peter after when we make a new series, and he's the "true" Spider-man. A guy who just happened to be bitten by a spider. And he's got nothing fancy, just his skills and his brain. No suits, no mystical origin, no adult drama.

Just a kid who happened to learn a valueable lesson and used that lesson to fight crime and villainy.

So, I'm thinking, it would be hard for Marvel to sell him to audiences the way he is now. Living with the Avengers, Aunt May romantically intrested in a Butler, iron clad suits, mystical powers, evolved mystical powers, Black cat being raped (by kevin smith IMO)...So on. Fans are split on their opinions on all of this stuff. But the general public may not have any idea of these things. I know people who still thinks he works at the Bugle and is trying to marry MJ.

How would they campaign Spidey now? Do you think they'd try to sell him as 1963 Peter Parker/Spider-man or as he is currently? Or maybe somewhere in between?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"