Guardians of the Galaxy CAN and SHOULD Ronan Return?

Ant

Maaaaan
Reaction score
Personally, I am hoping Ronan can make a return. I just think he is a great character and would be very useful to the MCU as a whole, especially in the Infinity storyline that is soon to come. He could go either way as far as being evil/not so evil.

Let me know what you think!

I'm also not sure that James Gunn could really have time to write him into the sequel. What with Nebula returning, Star-Lord's father plot, more Thanos, and possibly (HOPEFULLY) an origin story for Drax.

Don't forget to vote in the poll.

Last edited:
Having voted leave him dead. . . . I'm thinking they could give him a decent Prequel type movie that leads up to the events of GOTG that deals with the Kree and NOVA signing that treaty.

With the reality stone/gem anything is possible, it grants wishes, any wishes, like against the laws of science wishes, so who knows, when that stone makes an appearance anything is possible.

That's one thing that's starting to bug me about MCU movies, killing off great villains who have so much potential, or at least appearing to kill them off, the only two decent ones are Red Skull and now Ronan, Red Skull could be soooo much more in the MCU, same goes for Ronan. Another villain who is actually alive and I want to see again is Abomination.

I'd love to see him return, but he got smashed pretty badly... Being vaporised by the Power Stone isn't a 2 weeks bed rest job

I'd love for Lady Death to resurrect him for Thanos and be Darth Vader to his Palpatine.

I don't think he can return, but I'd love to see him to.

In the comics, Ronan is so important to the Kree, and so complex and multi-dimensional, that I was fairly disappointed that he was outright killed in Guardians.

However, I think I may have a way to bring him back while also making him sympathetic...

Introduce the Kree Supreme Intelligence in Guardians 2. Have it revealed that the Supreme Intelligence genetically engineered Ronan centuries ago as a super-intelligent and super-powerful Kree General. Whenever Ronan is killed, the Supreme Intelligence just manufactures another one and implants false memories in the new Ronan (Ronan's father and grandfather's being killed in the war, etc.) to instill absolute patriotism and loyalty.

A new Ronan will be created to replace the one lost in the last film (this one never having had actually killed anyone yet, which absolves him of all those previous murders), but, through circumstances that will play out in the movie, will discover what he really is and that his memories are lies. He will end up aiding our heroes in defeating the Supreme Intelligence and becoming the new ruler of the Kree empire (as he has done in the comics).

avengers21_temper.jpg

Not too familiar with how Ronan is in the comics, but I do know that he plays a pretty huge part in multiple storylines. Does he initially die in the comics and then brought back...or...what's the situation there?

The Kree Intelligence should be introduced in Agents of SHIELD this year too

What if what we saw in the movie is a clone as kaijunexus is suggesting? Remember he came out of that liquid when we first see him? How many times have we seen something similar?

A clone surely wouldn't have been powerful enough to wield the Power Stone though? The old trope with clones is they're slightly less good

I'd be all for making him more sympathetic, but I just don't see how you do that. He was pretty bad in this film

While I do think that when they first showed Ronan rising from the liquid that it was sort of a reference to him being reborn, I'm not quite sure that the writers thought well ahead as that being a hint to him being a clone or him making a possible return.

Is this sort of liquid birth in the comics at all?

A clone surely wouldn't have been powerful enough to wield the Power Stone though? The old trope with clones is they're slightly less good
Out with the old tropes in with the new. Kree klones are stronger than the last. :woot:

He was the thinnest, weakest, least interesting character in the movie, so no. I didn't care for the performance either. He was like a He-Man villain.

What if his involvement in the sequel is completely different than what we saw in the original? For instance, teaming up with the Guardians.

kree science can do wonders. he can come back.

What if his involvement in the sequel is completely different than what we saw in the original? For instance, teaming up with the Guardians.
I'd find that beyond lame. Having him do a 180 and now align himself with the good guys would be corny to me.

idk. I fear if they resurrect him they further go down a road where death becomes absolutely meaningless, just like in 616, where you just count the days between death and resurrection. That said, I can see a couple of ways to bring him back, the Krees are master of genetically engineering after all. (I have to add that I have absolutely no idea how final his eath is in the movie, since I won't see it for another 3 weeks :( )

I'd find that beyond lame. Having him do a 180 and now align himself with the good guys would be corny to me.

While I agree that my example is pretty lame and corny, I'm sure the writers could do it justice. Haha. As long as they made him still what Ronan is supposed to be (faithful to the Kree). Like not necessarily make him a good guy, but kinda like how everybody (good and bad) wants Thanos dead.

Then again...Nebula could always have a huge part in future stories.

idk. I fear if they resurrect him they further go down a road where death becomes absolutely meaningless, just like in 616, where you just count the days between death and resurrection. That said, I can see a couple of ways to bring him back, the Krees are master of genetically engineering after all. (I have to add that I have absolutely no idea how final his eath is in the movie, since I won't see it for another 3 weeks :( )

I apologize for spoiling it for you. Haha.

Ronan was still considered more or less a villain when necessity forced him to ally with the cosmic heroes in Annihilation. Wouldn't be that big of a stretch.

Ronan was still considered more or less a villain when necessity forced him to ally with the cosmic heroes in Annihilation. Wouldn't be that big of a stretch.

THAT'S what I was getting at! Thank you! Just didn't know how to type it. While the movies aren't the comics and essentially they're own universe, I just feel like that storyline has a LOT of potential for a film. Then it just leaves the cinematic universe even more open than it did before.

I know that but it's extremely jarring in a movie format after seeing how menacing and evil he is, especially after smashing that guys head, for two hours to then turn around have him being on the side of the good guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"