First Avenger Can Captain America make more money than TIH?

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
A sister thread to the one on the Thor message boards.

cap's prolly going to get more, at least domestically... this movie probably wont do well over seas. But domestically it should beat TIH.. it's really caps "first" mainstream movie... TIH still suffered from HULKS bad taste in it's mouth. so i still see cap doing better.

Cap will most likely make allot more - Yes he's Captain "America" - the Marvel films leading to avengers will be massively hyped. Had Hulk been in the position that Cap is now in, it would have most likely made allot more.

Yes, but I don't think it will make as much overseas not because of The "Captain America" name, but because of the final Harry Potter movie that's released one week before and the series has always done much better internationally than domestically.

Yes, but I don't think it will make as much overseas not because of The "Captain America" name, but because of the final Harry Potter movie that's released one week before and the series has always done much better internationally than domestically.

The thing that's going to make Cap money overseas is the hype for Avengers mainly, It may not be much, But it'll do nicely I think.

I hope so. Its still going to make more than TIH imo.

Once again, Ang Lee's Hulk screwed TIH over, even with good word of mouth for TIH.

I think it'll do better.

I wouldn't worry about overseas. It'll do alright there too.

As an American living in New Zealand, I can honestly say a lot of people here HATE Americans & America (& will blatantly say it while wearing football/basketball/baseball, etc clothes).

Hell, I've had complete strangers come up to me & ask for directions & as soon as they hear my accent, they will tell me, in a nutshell, I am everything evil in the world. Though I must admit even though, apparently, I spend all my time dropping bombs, raping villages, polluting the environment, murder thousands of people every mintue of every day...I still have time to for a 9-5 job & hang out with my friends on the weekend.

Sorry, thats my rant for the day. Should be interesting to see has Cap does in the International BO.

Simple solution: Overseas Captain America's title is JUST 'The First Avenger'. & they should try to hide the red stripes in international trailers. :oldrazz:

yea they will just do a different type of promotion over seas. And i am sure they will do the whole americana deal of the character right and not make it seem america is the best rest of the world sucks.

It's really hard to say without a trailer or an advertising campaign yet.

The global reaction to a stars and stripes hero will be intresting.

Yeah, I can't imagine this doing well overseas, but it might do better domestically, but not by much..

I think it all depends on the public's reception the first three days. If word of mouth says it's good, I think it can make more money than TIH.

well yea we just have to see how they are going to have the character act, and then how they want to promote it around the world. Sure its probably not going to do as well in some countries then the US/North America but i am sure it will still do decent over all. I expect at least 250-300mill US box office run, and at least an additional 100-200mill international box office run. So we end somewhere over or around 500mill total. Which i am sure would be enough of success for marvel.

I'm just hoping for 350 ww total. That'd be enough for a sequel.

Way more than the THI,thats for sure.

Now,if they find a better release date and push it back for example for May 2012 and the Avengers May 2013,that way Captain America will be HUGE at the B.O.But opening at the end of July is a terrible idea :doh:.I really hope they move the release date of Captain America.

Why do people keep saying TIH box office was ruined by Ang's Hulk?

TIH box office wasn't good because 1) the marketing for the movie was atrocious and 2) it simply wasn't that good a movie.

Why do people keep saying TIH box office was ruined by Ang's Hulk?

TIH box office wasn't good because 1) the marketing for the movie was atrocious and 2) it simply wasn't that good a movie.

I agree with the first one but I call crap on the second one because word of mouth was much better than the first one and public reception was much better too. Majority of people liked The Incredible Hulk but other honestly didn't see it because Ang Lee's Hulk left a bad taste.

Sorry but Evans isn't really a box office draw, the director is terribly average, and Cap has boring powers and villains.

This will be another A-team, lucky to cross a hundred million in the US.

they are not going to delay cap and avengers each by a yr. They have set plans in motion and other projects they want to get going. Moving these two films would put a big damper on their plans. Now sure late july doesnt seem like a good spot now. But for all we know some of the films coming out prior to cap could end up moving to an earlier spot or an even later spot. Then also who knows how the film could go. Maybe it will do great, have good WOM and take the month of aug all for itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"