Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

I hung out with a chick from work last night for some beers while we watched the NFC playoffs.

She's taken.

I didn't hit on her.

Does that mean I'm trustworthy? Or just good at hiding my evil man intentions?

You cannot trust ANY guy with your girl. Whether you can trust the girl or not depends on your situation...but guys can NEVER be trusted.

Forget about the fact that every day best friends are sleeping with their best buds girlfriends and wives...Ive known people whos BROTHERS have made moves on their girlfriends and wives. I know a guy whos DAD made a move on their girl.

If you trust ANY guy, you are a fool. The best thing would be to find a girl you can trust.

I trust my gf and know she is unlikely to cheat even though I pretend to be jealous to please her.

The thing is there are two lines here.

There are the ones who would actively hit on someone who is in a relationship. Most people would not cross this line.

There is the second and more dangerous line where if sex was offered up on a plate, whether they would engage.

The latter is what i believe is the true meaning of trust when only intrisic characteristics can stop people falling for temptation. This is of course considering they are friends who are single or are in a relationship where their partner is never likely to find out.

With the latter, I think there are very few people I could trust, especially some of my close friends and brothers.

luckily for me, i am not attracted to most of my friends' females so it's not a problem with me. Saying this though if a lady i met out did have a boyfriend and offered herself to me, I would (if single) probably kiss her but not go any further (well maybe a phone number swap).

^You and Godzilla should start some kind of relationship advice magazine or something

It depends on what kind of bounderies you set as well. I have told all my friends that if they every hit my B*tch. I will kill them. Simple as that.

You cannot trust ANY guy with your girl. Whether you can trust the girl or not depends on your situation...but guys can NEVER be trusted.

Forget about the fact that every day best friends are sleeping with their best buds girlfriends and wives...Ive known people whos BROTHERS have made moves on their girlfriends and wives. I know a guy whos DAD made a move on their girl.

If you trust ANY guy, you are a fool. The best thing would be to find a girl you can trust.

I think this speaks volumes more about the character traits and values of certain people than it does their gender. I've known both men AND women who will try to move in on someone else's significant other. However, I have also known A LOT more people who will NOT try to move in on another's person's significant other regardless of whatever attraction they may feel towards them.

All of this trying to apply blanket rules such as the one above to human relationships is nonsense and fallible from conception.

jag

Anyone who trusts their wife/girlfriend is a fool. Once you turn around she'll jump on your best friend for the sole reason to destroy you, then take half your stuff and run off with the pool boy, leading you a living in a dimly lit apartment or your mom's basement drinking all day and night. Note, living in mom's basement also means having to listen to her and her new boyfriend having sex all night since she destroyed your father's life.

Anyone who trusts their wife/girlfriend is a fool. Once you turn around she'll jump on your best friend for the sole reason to destroy you, then take half your stuff and run off with the pool boy, leading you a living in a dimly lit apartment or your mom's basement drinking all day and night. Note, living in mom's basement also means having to listen to her and her new boyfriend having sex all night since she destroyed your father's life.
Yes. This is all true. Women are nymphomaniacs who will f--- anything that moves. Guys are different. We'll only f--- anything that moves slowly, as it makes them easier prey to catch.

Yes. This is all true. Women are nymphomaniacs who will f--- anything that moves. Guys are different. We'll only f--- anything that moves slowly, as it makes them easier prey to catch.

You're just a little off on this one ShadowBoxing, they won't f--- anything that moves, they will only f--- someone/thing if it will lead to the destruction of the boyfriend/husband becuase that is their only goal in life to destroy men.

You're just a little off on this one ShadowBoxing, they won't f--- anything that moves, they will only f--- someone/thing if it will lead to the destruction of the boyfriend/husband becuase that is their only goal in life to destroy men.
I think they are more like Loki, where anything they f--- or touch turns into a vehicle for chaos and destruction. Like maybe one day they see a harmless guy -- let's call him Joe, and let's say he's a Plumber -- and this girl, say her name is Sarah, will f--- his brains out, and he in turn will become a horseman of death upon the world of men.

One thing is I would never hit on a freind's girlfriend but I have slept with another man's wife. I however did not know the husband nor did I ever meet him, plus she kissed me first :o.

Even as a guy, you can control yourself. Of course, unless, the woman sets out to seduce you and you find her to be very attractive. But there are very few attached women who set out to seduce men; at least in my world.

One thing is I would never hit on a freind's girlfriend but I have slept with another man's wife. I however did not know the husband nor did I ever meet him, plus she kissed me first :o.

Even as a guy, you can control yourself. Of course, unless, the woman sets out to seduce you and you find her to be very attractive. But there are very few attached women who set out to seduce men; at least in my world.
that was my point, purposely seeking it is one thing but if it is thrust upon you, that's a whoooollleee 'nother ball game...

Of course not. The only way to have peace of mind is to lock your women up, go through her phone/stuff, follow her and ask her who shes been talking to every time she is not in your company :whatever:

Seriously though most of the male population has a thing called self control. Which is why we don't run around kidnapping and raping every women we see.

Also if you can't trust your partner to be in the company of the opposite sex then why date them to begin with as you have already made up your mind they will cheat on you the first chance they get. Perhaps you should move Iran where women are not allowed to be seen with anyone other than their husbands.

Lets have some fun:

1) With my ex, I couldnt trust guys because she was smokin hot (an ex stripper - my mistake number 1).

2) I couldnt trust HER with guys because a) she was super flirty; b) she was way too trusting, c) most of her guy "friends" were OBVIOUSLY just out to get with her (one time, one of these "innocent friends" reached up her skirt and grabbed her bare ass RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME (needless to say I pummelled the guy). I'm a fan of preventing problems, she...not so much. (my mistake number 2)

3) I couldnt trust her around girls either, because she was bi. I've seen her make out with, and heard about her sleeping with girls (even while having a bf) prior to dating her (my mistake number 3). When we first started dating, she even cheated on me with two girls for the amusement of some guys a party (her sobbing apology - and the horny guy in me - made me forgive her (mistake number 4).

List goes on....but hey, I got to do an (ex)stripper for 3+ years...

I think this speaks volumes more about the character traits and values of certain people than it does their gender. I've known both men AND women who will try to move in on someone else's significant other. However, I have also known A LOT more people who will NOT try to move in on another's person's significant other regardless of whatever attraction they may feel towards them.

All of this trying to apply blanket rules such as the one above to human relationships is nonsense and fallible from conception.

jag

Except that, in order to survive, a species must learn to assess the risks in a given situation. Dont go in there because snakes are likely to hide there, that sort of thing. Humans are likely the only species that not only works to keep their weaker traits active, but attempts to shun survival instincts. In this case...it is a REASONABLE assumption that if you have an attractive girlfriend, then even your best friends will want to hook up with her. Men are primal creatures, and when they see a girl they want, the tendency is to shut off the morality of the situation and just go for it (it is probably a form of ******ation). To just say "I wont accuse an entire gender or make blanket assumptions" is like saying "Oh, that snake looks friendly, even though 100 of my friends have been eaten by snakes". Its not even a matter of trust with your girl. What if your best friend decides to rape her? What? You trust that your friends would never rape? In this case your desire to shut off your natural survival instincts have led to your girlfriend being emotionally and potentially physically scarred.

The point is...dont use humanity as an excuse to foster suicidal behavior. Its great that we nurture our sickly and frail, but dont just shut off your animal instincts to the dangers other people may present.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"