Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Except that, in order to survive, a species must learn to assess the risks in a given situation. Dont go in there because snakes are likely to hide there, that sort of thing. Humans are likely the only species that not only works to keep their weaker traits active, but to attempt to shun survival instincts. In this case...it is a REASONABLE assumption that if you have an attractive girlfriend, then even your best friends will want to hook up with her. Men are primal creatures, and when they see a girl they want, the tendency is to shut off the morality of the situation and just go for it (it is probably a form of ******ation). To just say "I wont accuse an entire gender or make blanket assumptions" is like saying "Oh, that snake looks friendly, even though 100 of my friends have been eaten by snakes". Its not even a matter of trust with your girl. What if your best friend decides to rape her? What? You trust that your friends would never rape? In this case your desire to shut off your natural survival instincts have led to your girlfriend being emotionally and potentially physically scarred.

The point is...dont use humanity as an excuse to foster suicidal behavior. Its great that we nurture our sickly and frail, but dont just shut off your animal instincts to the dangers other people may present.

Your assumption is that ALL men will hit on another man's wife or girlfriend, even their best friend's or even their brother's, or possibly rape them if given the chance. Your assumption is wrong. Sorry. Some people present a danger to you or your loved ones, some do not. They must be evaluated on an individual basis. There is no universal law regarding human behavior.

jag

Your assumption is that ALL men will hit on another man's wife or girlfriend, even their best friend's or even their brother's, or possibly rape them if given the chance. Your assumption is wrong. Sorry. Some people present a danger to you or your loved ones, some do not. They must be evaluated on an individual basis. There is no universal law regarding human behavior.

jag

No, the asumption is that humans rape...and humans betray...and it is in a persons best interest to not blindly trust but to be cautious. Your way of saying "I trust the people around me" puts you in danger.

No, the asumption is that humans rape...and humans betray...and it is in a persons best interest to not blindly trust but to be cautious. Your way of saying "I trust the people around me" puts you in danger.

Who ever said anything about blindly trusting and not being cautious? The difference is that you EXPECT people to do you wrong. I don't, but I'm also not surprised if they do. It's a POSSIBILITY, not a likelihood, as you are making it out to be. However, I'm also rather selective about who I let in to my inner circle; trust and respect must be earned and demonstrated in order to be reciprocated. Perhaps a similar approach would benefit you. ;)

jag

I'm also rather selective about who I let in to my inner circle; trust and respect must be earned and demonstrated in order to be reciprocated. Perhaps a similar approach would benefit you. ;)

jag

Nice emtoicon...I see that your powers of telling who can be trusted and who cant be trusted are far superior to every single person who has ever been victimized in the history of the world.

if only you had been there to warn people about Ted Bundy...or John wayne gacy. You see, people trusted these men...and of course, there is the fact that most child molestations happen from people who know the child...YOU would never be in this position though. In the history of teh world, time and time again peoples trust have ended up with a ruined (or ended) life...but YOU are above this. Your trust is golden...your trust will never be betrayed. You are the decider.

Nice emtoicon...I see that your powers of telling who can be trusted and who cant be trusted are far superior to every single person who has ever been victimized in the history of the world.

if only you had been there to warn people about Ted Bundy...or John wayne gacy. You see, people trusted these men...and of course, there is the fact that most child molestations happen from people who know the child...YOU would never be in this position though. In the history of teh world, time and time again peoples trust have ended up with a ruined (or ended) life...but YOU are above this. Your trust is golden...your trust will never be betrayed. You are the decider.

:whatever:

Your reality is very different from my reality, that much is apparent.

jag

:whatever:

Your reality is very different from my reality, that much is apparent.

jag

Your reality must be a world of candy canes of unicorns where no one has ever betrayed a friends trust.

Again...most child molestations are committed by people close to the child. What is it about your powers of trust that allows you to know who will do it and who wont?? Do you feel at all guilty that you dont share this secret with the world...because if everyone had your super powers then no one would ever be victimized by the people they trust. In a way, you're responsible for not warning them.

Unless of course, youre willing to admit that you...even YOU...can have misplaced trust...that even you can believe someone would never hurt you and be wrong.

I will likely never again be victimized by the people close to me...because no one is close enough to hurt me. I love my girlfriend very much...but she doesnt have my password to my bank account. I love my friends, but they dont have keys to my house. there is a way of living a normal life without blindly leading yourself into danger.

How long until Greg gets banned? 2, 3 months?

I really hope he doesn't get banned, his threads are pretty funny, losing Moviefan made me realize how much people with completely ridiculous viewpoints on the world make this board fun.

Your reality must be a world of candy canes of unicorns where no one has ever betrayed a friends trust.

Again...most child molestations are committed by people close to the child. What is it about your powers of trust that allows you to know who will do it and who wont?? Do you feel at all guilty that you dont share this secret with the world...because if everyone had your super powers then no one would ever be victimized by the people they trust. In a way, you're responsible for not warning them.

Unless of course, youre willing to admit that you...even YOU...can have misplaced trust...that even you can believe someone would never hurt you and be wrong.

I will likely never again be victimized by the people close to me...because no one is close enough to hurt me. I love my girlfriend very much...but she doesnt have my password to my bank account. I love my friends, but they dont have keys to my house. there is a way of living a normal life without blindly leading yourself into danger.

Wow....so many misguided assumptions in your post about me, my life and my philosophy that I don't even know where to start. So I won't.

jag

Do people usually give their g/f their account password?

I really hope he doesn't get banned, his threads are pretty funny, losing Moviefan made me realize how much people with completely ridiculous viewpoints on the world make this board fun.
The people who made this board fun was all of the really funny, halfway intelligent, wise cracking dudes and dudettes you you could always count on for a laugh.

Ironically, they've all been banned or driven away.

I don't have a house or any place of my own yet, but I bet money that I'll not be giving any of my friends the keys to the place for an extended period of time. Maybe to feed my cats and ferrets while I'm on vacation. Maybe.

Do people usually give their g/f their account password?

I know LOTS of people who do. truth be told, my girlfriend makes a heck of a lot more than I do, but the point is that i dont want her account info, and I dont want her to have mine.

Wow....so many misguided assumptions in your post about me, my life and my philosophy that I don't even know where to start. So I won't.

jag

Im sorry, but it was YOU who so boldly proclaimed that is your powers of rational thinking that causes you to only associate with people who would never screw you over. It is in this very thread, i think on this very page.

You said it, not me.

In my world, people murder their own family members. In my world friends screw over their friends. In my world bad things happen. It was YOU who pointed out how different your world is from mine...and even advised that I learn your powers of choosing friends.

Im sorry, but it was YOU who so boldly proclaimed that is your powers of rational thinking that causes you to only associate with people who would never screw you over. It is in this very thread, i think on this very page.

You said it, not me.

See, this is why I'm not interested in carrying on this discussion with you. You are more interested in misconstruing what people say and turning things into a personal attack than you are in carrying on a discussion and exchange of viewpoints. Here is what I said:

jaguarr said:
Who ever said anything about blindly trusting and not being cautious? The difference is that you EXPECT people to do you wrong. I don't, but I'm also not surprised if they do. It's a POSSIBILITY, not a likelihood, as you are making it out to be. However, I'm also rather selective about who I let in to my inner circle; trust and respect must be earned and demonstrated in order to be reciprocated.

Exactly where in there do I say that I think people will never, ever in a million years harm me or my loved ones? Where did I proclaim my ability to read people was infallible? Exactly where does it say that my powers of rational thinking allow me to only associate with people who won't screw me over? You came up with all of that on your own. I said none of that, neither explicitly nor implicitly. Reading comprehension is certainly no friend of yours.

In my world, people murder their own family members. In my world friends screw over their friends. In my world bad things happen. It was YOU who pointed out how different your world is from mine...and even advised that I learn your powers of choosing friends.

There is the potential for bad things to happen in all people's lives. Your experience seems to be focused around those things for whatever reason. But yes, in my world the kinds of things that seem to be your reality are possibilities, not eventualities. I couldn't tell you why that is, but in all honesty that's for you to figure out, not me.

And, no, most normal people do not give their girlfriend's their bank account information or house keys to their friends as you have insinuated.

jag

2009 is starting on a very pessimistic note on the Hype.

Thanks Greg!

You said it, not me.

Yeah, but that isn't the norm. Your posts make it sound like that happens to most people all the time and it's just not true. Most people have an inner circle of friends they can truly trust and won't be killed by a family member or raped by their boyfriends friend.

Yeah, but that isn't the norm. Your posts make it sound like that happens to most people all the time and it's just not true. Most people have an inner circle of friends they can truly trust and won't be killed by a family member or raped by their boyfriends friend.

He also seemed to infer that most people are secretly serial killers who want to get close to you only so they can murder you.

jag

Heretic, it's rather apparent that you have Trust and Privacy completely mixed.

He brings up an interesting point though. For those out there who are determined to not get hurt, exactly how close do you let people into your "inner circle"? Bank account info and house keys are extremely private so I think those are bad examples.

I personally haven't been gauging how close or far away I'm keeping my friends and girlfriend but now I'm curious lol.

Last edited:
Who ever said anything about blindly trusting and not being cautious? The difference is that you EXPECT people to do you wrong. I don't, but I'm also not surprised if they do. It's a POSSIBILITY, not a likelihood, as you are making it out to be. However, I'm also rather selective about who I let in to my inner circle; trust and respect must be earned and demonstrated in order to be reciprocated. Perhaps a similar approach would benefit you. ;)

jag

In the above quote Jag used an emoticon...which is generally used as a snide slap...that his method of figuring out who can be trusted and who cant is superior to others.

Jag, you are clearly arguing that your friends can be trusted. My question is...what can they be trusted with??? You already say that they will never try to have sex with your girlfriend. You cant possibly expect anyone to believe that your powers of figuring out who will or wont do wrong end there....

are any of your friends potential thieves?? potential child molesters? potential arsonists?

My point is this...I have NO IDEA what people are capable of. I am fully able to confess that my dearest friends and family could potentially murder, steal set fire to buildings, be antisemetic, and a host of other things. I am NOT psychic...and I CAN NOT tell which crimes my friends have the potential to commit. Therefore, I am guarded...while living my life in a normal fashion.

Jag is the one claiming that he is better than me at figuring out who is capable of immoral or illegal activity.

I dont have trust and privacy mixed up. If I TRUSTED my girlfriend, id give her my passwords...after all, she wouldnt do anything with them...would she???

i dont trust the strangers I cross on the street...so I dont flip people off when they cut me off in traffic (I hear people get shot over that these days) and I dont leave my friends alone with my girlfriends (I actually have known someone whos best friend raped his girlfriend...and it tore the dude up because he was the one who aked the friend to go over to his house and give his girlfriend a lift to work).

Trust is worthless the moment you are victimized. My philosophy is to not make idiotic decisions based on your trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"