Sequels Can the Avengers franchise continue?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
In your honest opinion, do you think the Avengers franchise can continue once they defeat Thanos? I mean if they get rid of the big bad, the greatest threat in the universe himself, are there really any great big bads for them to conquer? I mean Thanos is the greatest one in the sense that he wants to destroy the universe and with that Gauntlet if they manage to destroy it somehow who is really left out there for them to conquer?

As far as material,sure there's Kang,the Skrulls and Sh'Iar Empires out there and if FF and X Men are being added to the MCU then Dr Doom is on the table too.

It's a reliable money maker. Even if they grew sick of it it would be worth continuing forever to fund other films. I can't see it stopping until/unless popularity wanes. By changing members it can also stay fresh.

Yeah this franchise is probably Marvel's biggest cash cow

Yes.

But I seriously think if Marvel is smart, they will give us a very long wait for the next Avengers after Avengers 4. Maybe like 6-7 years. That way everyone is hyped and not burnt out by sequels.

6 to 7 years between Avenger films - not likely.

3 years tops maybe.

Yeah I would say 3 years 4 years tops for that wait I would probably go 4 years so that way everyone is clamoring all the more for it

I don't read comics so I don't know whether there're any other worthy adversaries for the Avengers, but with the kind of money they're making Disney can just up the power of any obscure villains from the comics to make them future movies' villains and no one will care.

They can still do Avengers without certain space characters every 3 years and then go back and do another massive team up of all team ups 6 years or so down the line.

Even without FF and X-Men properties you have;

Kang
Beyonder
Korvac
Nefaria
Skulls (secret invasion)
Masters of evil - go personal. The comic arc is die hard with superheroes in the avengers mansion.

If marvel studios does get fox properties back;

Doom
Annihilus
Galactus
Onslaught (evil prof X when he lobotomized magneto)

Last edited:
The day The Avengers don't make a billion is the day you should make this topic. Until then there is no reason for it not to continue considering the fox merger and Kevin Feige.

Even without FF and X-Men properties you have;

Kang
Beyonder
Korvac
Tyrannus
Skulls (secret invasion)
Masters of evil - go personal. The comic arc is die hard with superheroes in the avengers mansion.

If marvel studios does get fox properties back;

Doom
Annihilus
Galactus
Onslaught (evil prof X when he lobotomized magneto)

I'd argue Doom is better villain than Thanos, and maybe outside of Magneto the best Marvel villain.

Yes it can they are just team ups. People are always going to want the characters to meet and greet. They have plenty of stories left.

It can and will but I do agree about them taking a slightly longer break than three years between the fourth and fifth films, say 4-5 years.

I'd argue Doom is better villain than Thanos, and maybe outside of Magneto the best Marvel villain.

Doom would definitely need a very slow build up. Plus Doom needs an actor who is pure walking gravitas.

What makes Doom great is that he is just a man, yes he gets powers but he is still just a man. He has confidence, belief in his goals, and has shown to be helpful at times to the heroes but he always has something in it for himself. He is Loki and Thanos combined in a way with what they just did with Zemo being a master planner.

It will for sure with a new team, likely building to a new threat. Perhaps Skrulls or even Galactus, who knows.

Doom would definitely need a very slow build up. Plus Doom needs an actor who is pure walking gravitas.

I think Doom should be the next Thanos, and they should build to a final conclusion with him.

Doom as the next Thanos of the MCU that I can get behind

I could kind of see Doom being like a cross between Loki and Thanos in terms of his role - he could easily be a multi-phase villain like Thanos, but like Loki I feel like he should be a recurring presence throughout the MCU, appearing across multiple franchises. Maybe he even gets his own movie?

As for the Avenger's franchise, it will undoubtedly continue though I do think a longer than usual break of 4-5 years is necessary. In the mean-time I think Marvel will move more and more into more fluid crossovers. Stuff like Homecoming and Ragnarok where we get smaller team ups and even just cameos from other heroes and villains.

I could kind of see Doom being like a cross between Loki and Thanos in terms of his role - he could easily be a multi-phase villain like Thanos, but like Loki I feel like he should be a recurring presence throughout the MCU, appearing across multiple franchises. Maybe he even gets his own movie?

As for the Avenger's franchise, it will undoubtedly continue though I do think a longer than usual break of 4-5 years is necessary. In the mean-time I think Marvel will move more and more into more fluid crossovers. Stuff like Homecoming and Ragnarok where we get smaller team ups and even just cameos from other heroes and villains.
I'd prefer that smaller team up stuff especially after whatever A4 gives. The Avengers should only be needed for the big Earth/Universe changing plans from villains. A 5 year break wouldn't hurt.

IFW set the bar pretty high for future Avengers movies. That's why I wish it would've been it's own thing instead of using the Avengers Tag.

They'll continue it in some fashion. Though it'll be scaled down to just Earth level threats I imagine.

Is this REALLY a question? They have just scratched the surface with storylines, heroes and villains to be adapted and used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"