Can there be a Kevin Feige for the DCEU?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
I mean do you all think we can have a Feige like figure for our universe and if so who? I mean as far as who can be the figurehead for this whole universe direction wise and future wise I mean the closest thing we are going to get to a Feige for DC is probably Hamada

I'm sure there is but it's difficult to find a person like Feige who has the right blend of business acumen and genuine love for the material.

And if he or she were found, would WB give that person the same role Feige plays? I doubt it.

I'm sure there is but it's difficult to find a person like Feige who has the right blend of business acumen and genuine love for the material.

And if he or she were found, would WB give that person the same role Feige plays? I doubt it.

Well Warner Brothers they probably wouldn't but then again if the Feige like figure for the DCEU ends up making them a boatload of money on almost every film from here on out then I'm sure WB would give that person full control of the DCEU

Even now, I don't think people fully appreciate just how unique Kevin Feige is. He's a very good movie producer who also happens to be a huge comic-book guy. It's a "lightning in a bottle" type combination that has been next to impossible to replicate by other studios. Usually there's a trade-off where you get one quality or the other. Geoff Johns is a comic-book guy, but he doesn't have nearly the experience or pedigree at producing movies that Kevin Feige has. Walter Hamada is a good movie producer, but I'm not aware of him being much of an expert in DC canon. So you see, WB has yet to find that producer that encompasses both. I'm not sure that they currently have one on the lot. And if such a producer was that easy to find, they'd have already found him/her by now.

That's why WB's current approach of focusing on stand-alone experiences is the way to go, until such a time that they find a Feige-like producer. Until then, better to stick with what they know.

Last edited:
I liked it when they had a “Brain Trust.” A group of people responsible for shaping the future of their cinematic universe. That might work better for them in the long run.

I liked it when they had a “Brain Trust.” A group of people responsible for shaping the future of their cinematic universe. That might work better for them in the long run.

A brain trust...first time I've ever heard of that but that's very interesting

Great idea! How about Zack Snyder?

I’d rather the genre as a whole die out than let Snyder take another shot at any character I’ve ever been remotely interested in.

:D

Come on, you don’t want to see another movie where Superman puts a guy through a wall at 300 mph and then listen to fans explain for the next four years how he somehow didn’t kill him?

I would rather Hamada be the Feige of our universe because under his direction it seems the DCEU is turning around for the better

The key to this is the MCU are an independent studio designated with time, funding and focus on just their super-hero output, Marvel Studio's have earnt that, WB are not in a position to have that or seemingly not 'split' to taking DC separate to the natural fold, until that where to happen, if, then it will spread it's focus. WB have had HP to 'fall back on' for years but even that looks like it's losing a lot of support in it's HP / FB existence, I think until DC are made to be a separate venture, no one person will take the reigns.

The key to this is the MCU are an independent studio designated with time, funding and focus on just their super-hero output, Marvel Studio's have earnt that, WB are not in a position to have that or seemingly not 'split' to taking DC separate to the natural fold, until that where to happen, if, then it will spread it's focus. WB have had HP to 'fall back on' for years but even that looks like it's losing a lot of support in it's HP / FB existence, I think until DC are made to be a separate venture, no one person will take the reigns.

Hence a brain trust

Yeah, I agree with all of that. I don't know what kind of legal hurdles they would have to clear to make that happen but unless it does, I don't think we'll ever see a DC universe as cohesive as Marvel's. However, three out of their last four movies have been really well-received, so maybe they are turning the corner. I hope so, at least.

Yeah, I agree with all of that. I don't know what kind of legal hurdles they would have to clear to make that happen but unless it does, I don't think we'll ever see a DC universe as cohesive as Marvel's. However, three out of their last four movies have been really well-received, so maybe they are turning the corner. I hope so, at least.

That is only because of Hamada influence

Even now, I don't think people fully appreciate just how unique Kevin Feige is. He's a very good movie producer who also happens to be a huge comic-book guy. It's a "lightning in a bottle" type combination that has been next to impossible to replicate by other studios. Usually there's a trade-off where you get one quality or the other. Geoff Johns is a comic-book guy, but he doesn't have nearly the experience or pedigree at producing movies that Kevin Feige has. Walter Hamada is a good movie producer, but I'm not aware of him being much of an expert in DC canon. So you see, WB has yet to find that producer that encompasses both. I'm not sure that they currently have one on the lot. And if such a producer was that easy to find, they'd have already found him/her by now.

That's why WB's current approach of focusing on stand-alone experiences is the way to go, until such a time that they find a Feige-like producer. Until then, better to stick with what they know.
Ands what’s often forgotten about Feige is he learned all aspects of the film business and went up the ladder gradually.

Snyder is fine for running the whole universe and always was fine.

The comments in this thread are laughable, considering under his watch both Wonder Woman, and Aquaman would have been coming out. Yes you may not agree with his decisions on how to handle batman and superman. but overall his goal for the universe was a well orchestrated one with good vision for the characters. I perhaps would have left him to direct just the justice leagues but Man of Steel 2 and "The Batman" I'd definitely leave up to different directors.

I don't think Snyder would fit as a Kevin Feige type. Snyder's plan for the DCEU seemed to be short term with an actual ending. Which is not at all like the MCU's never ending cash cow.

Warner Bros would never give anymore that kind of control

Although true - I think he had endings in mind for certain characters which is fair since the MCU is coming to that point now 10 years after the fact, Ironman, captain america, etc.

Snyder is fine for running the whole universe and always was fine.

The comments in this thread are laughable, considering under his watch both Wonder Woman, and Aquaman would have been coming out. Yes you may not agree with his decisions on how to handle batman and superman. but overall his goal for the universe was a well orchestrated one with good vision for the characters. I perhaps would have left him to direct just the justice leagues but Man of Steel 2 and "The Batman" I'd definitely leave up to different directors.

I think Wonder Woman and Aquaman are a point against Snyder. It shows that other directors had a better grasp of the characters then he had. I think Snyder has a very distinct tone that just doesn't translate to the DC properties. ANNNNNNNND I think thats why Feige is a great producer and not a director because he's able to find directors that get the most from the MCU characters. Thor 2 not withstanding...

Maybe Snyder should have just stuck with producing.

WB/DC does not need a Kevin Feige equivalent.

This is just as well, as there isn’t one.

The single largest mistake WB/DC made was chasing a strategy that requires a Kevin Feige - without actually having one. The man comes first, then the strategy, not the other way around.

From the start, DC should have pursued the unconnected movies approach, allowing for different film making styles... instead of just trying to copy the other team.

Then they could have brought it all together in the multiverse - the thing that DC comics are known for.

It is a travesty that all WB did was go after Marvel’s dollar, instead of making their own.

Warner Bros would never give anymore that kind of control

This. While Feige might be a near-unique prodigy for this kind of thing, Marvel Studios also benefited from its structural design: an independent studio created from the ground up to do one thing, and then incorporated as a semi-independent studio under Disney to. . . still do that one thing.

Whereas Warner Brothers, is not that, and I don't think anybody could actually create a "DC Studios" analog inside WB, no matter how talented. It would just step on too many toes and go against too many structural obstacles. After all, to build a "DC Studios" would mean assembling people and money and materials and IP under one new organizational roof, and that would mean taking all those things away from their current bosses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"