Can you see this? The Invisible Woman thread.

In the original books she was supposed to be simply Reed's girlfriend and guardian for teenaged Johnny. There was mention of her being an actress, but the only evidence I've seen of that was when she was cast in a movie in FF#15, but that was more because of her post-FF fame (we won't count the entire team being cast in a movie financed by Namor and meant as a trap in FF#9).

In the films her being portrayed as both scientist and an exec at Doom's company puts the early twenties as being not likely, unless the suggestion is that she's screwing the boss. Just as Johnny being a Shuttle pilot (Who knows who he was screwing). Personally I'd prefer to see her as a lab assistant, apprentice to Reed, so in that case the mid-20's thing could work.

I would rather not see her as a scientist at all, a science teacher maybe...:cwink:

Well, my choices have been of many, you are looking at one thread, whereas this has been discussed since 2007 on MANY DIFFERENT THREADS.

I have put up several different people from all ages....

AJ Cook, Theresa Palmer, as well as Charlize Theron, and Elizabeth Banks...simply depending on whether they want this as a franchise or a single movie.

If it is a single movie, then casting someone like a Banks or Theron would be no problem. If they want this to be a tent pole franchise, then of course cast someone younger.
I don't care about the age thing. I'd be fine with a 35-40 year old actress being cast in a franchise. If men can be cast in franchises at that age then so can women.

Hollywood is sexist so they do mind.

I don't care about the age thing. I'd be fine with a 35-40 year old actress being cast in a franchise. If men can be cast in franchises at that age then so can women.

Hollywood is sexist so they do mind.

For me, it really all depends on the actress....and of course make up today is outstanding, so I agree there would probably be absolutely no problem with that.

IMO, my ultimate, dream cast for Sue would be Naomi Watts, I think she depicts perfectly the innocence, yet underlying strength that Sue has, and the beauty that is not only on the outside but undeniable on the inside. I think any actress has to have that...I think those were some of the things that Alba was lacking. People went after her acting ability, or looks...and to me those were actually the things that she missed in the 2 movies. She came off as a ***** to me, and that was because of the writing, so right actress, good writing, and I'll be happy.

I won't get Naomi Watts as Sue, but it would be nice....:cwink:

For me, it really all depends on the actress....and of course make up today is outstanding, so I agree there would probably be absolutely no problem with that.

IMO, my ultimate, dream cast for Sue would be Naomi Watts, I think she depicts perfectly the innocence, yet underlying strength that Sue has, and the beauty that is not only on the outside but undeniable on the inside. I think any actress has to have that...I think those were some of the things that Alba was lacking. People went after her acting ability, or looks...and to me those were actually the things that she missed in the 2 movies. She came off as a ***** to me, and that was because of the writing, so right actress, good writing, and I'll be happy.

I won't get Naomi Watts as Sue, but it would be nice....:cwink:
Watts would be excellent.

Charlize.

We all know she's the one.

Charlize should be Emma Frost. :o:up:

alfred-nevah.gif

Hmmm...she's pretty, but I don't know, she only "looks" like a possible to me, I have not seen anything that shows me she could pull off the "soft yet most powerful of the 4" kind of thing.

Why? Why not a scientist? Why can't she be equal to Reed in position?

Oh....no.........no..............no. Not going there...lol

I don't really have a problem with her being a Scientist, I'm just not a big UFF fan, I'm more of a MK fan and, being a teacher myself, it would be cool to see her as a Science teacher....:yay:

I don't per se think Sue should be a scientist as in she's coming up with new formulas and hypotheses.. I just think she should have an interest in science as opposed to just being Reed's girlfriend. Like I said, I think it would be fine to have her working as an assistant to Reed, which would be how she'd get so closely involved in the space project.

As far as age, Famke Jansen was 36 when she did X-men. I think they could find an actress of similar age-range and beauty for Sue. But even if they go younger, the main thing is her acting ability. Looking at the SHIELD trailer, I really have problems with the overly pretty under-skilled cast, even if the show itself looks okay.

just saw STID i am officially on the alice eve for sue bandwagon now i really liked her in the film and she is pretty damn hot:oldrazz::hrt:
alice+eve.jpg

alice-eve-star-trek-into-darkness-carol-marcus-underwear-600x461.jpg

She's really the best option imo. The world needs more of the Woman...bad.

Yeah, I had her on my list for this new movie definitely...

I've always liked the idea of casting Alice Eve.

Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-1Alice-Eve-Carol-Marcus.png

She'd crush it.

Even though I'd much prefer an older cast, if they did decide to go younger (Ultimate FF), I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Elizabeth Olsen as Sue Storm.

Great actress, extremely beautiful and looks exactly like Sue.

Elizabeth-Olsen-Emilio-Pucci-Spring-2012.jpg

It all depends on how they approach the material, which will inform their casting...

Yes, I would also love Elizabeth Olsen in some Marvel capacity. She's brilliant with everything she does.

Or Emma Hiddleston?
EmmaHiddleston_zps949bad0b.jpg

Alice Eve. YES. Geez, she looks like she was born to play Invisible Woman!

How is Alice Eve's American accent? I found it odd and distracting in Star Trek that her father had an American accent, and the Carol Marcus that we know from Wrath of Khan had an American accent . . . but she had a British accent.

Did they do it that way because she has trouble with an American accent? It may seem like a small detail, but I think part of the problem with Ioan Gruffudd as Reed was that he wasn't comfortable with an American accent and that prevented him from projecting the kind of confidence we would have liked to see with Reed (Confidence that he had as Lancelot when he wasn't required to do an American accent).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"