Canadian couple finds 400 year old skeleton in yard, charged 5 grand to excavate it

$500 to excavate
$4500 to hire a shaman to perform various rituals to prevent the house from going all Poltergeist on them.

$500 to excavate
$4500 to hire a shaman to perform various rituals to prevent the house from going all Poltergeist on them.

Being scared ****less for the rest of your life, priceless.

Or decide to live with it.
Turn the house into a true haunted house.
Charge admission.
Profit.

Couldn't they like sell the remains to a museum or something?

Well see that's kind of what I was thinking. I know a lot anthropology professors and students who would welcome the opportunity to excavate the site for free.

Actually this kind of reminds me of an episode of King of the Hill.

Couldn't they like sell the remains to a museum or something?

Museums wont buy artifacts. They only take donations.

There is also the legal and ethical question of removing a skeleton of a native. Many tribes would protest (at least) or sue (at worst) to have the remains returned to the burial site and not put on display or examined by scientists.

I'm somewhat familiar with the American laws on that, but totally unfamiliar with Canada's.

Can they force you to keep a corpse on your property?

I'm somewhat familiar with the American laws on that, but totally unfamiliar with Canada's.

Can they force you to keep a corpse on your property?

That I dont know. I'm sure it's easier to just leave the remains where they are in the long run, but I dont know what happens if the property owner absolutely wants the bones removed. That could be a thorny issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"