Iron Fist Cancelled!

samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
Last one to get a Netflix show, first one to get cancelled.

Probably for the best. This was by far the least interesting of the original four series.

Just heard the news. A little disappointing since I enjoyed season 2 quite a bit and was looking forward to seeing where it'd go with Orson Randall.

Maybe Feige will finally get around to an Iron Fist movie, but idI be surprised

This show is tainted goods now. No way a movie is happening and I doubt it gets revived on the new Disney service. At best we get the characters like Colleen pop up on the other shows.

A shame since Season 2 ended on such an interesting note. This show had a lot of potential, but it never delivered on what people wanted, and they weren't going to skate by on that a second time around.

A shame since Season 2 ended on such an interesting note. This show had a lot of potential, but it never delivered on what people wanted, and they weren't going to skate by on that a second time around.

They even tried desperately to appease the SJW's in season 2 by making Collen the co-lead and making the unworthy white boy give her the Fist. To no avail. Season 2 was an epic flailing mess. It reeked of desperation and inevitable failure. Just like some things deserve their success, this deserves to be flushed for a lot of reasons.

This show is tainted goods now. No way a movie is happening and I doubt it gets revived on the new Disney service. At best we get the characters like Colleen pop up on the other shows.

The show is tainted but does that make Iron Fist as a brand tainted? The viewership being low means Fiege can do a proper Iron Fist movie without worrying about people getting confused (see Hulk and Spiderman who had previous live action incarnations).

I was worried about Iron Fist being on TV from the moment the Netflix announcement happened. I don't trust Jeph Loeb and I knew the TV budgets weren't going to be there from how they handled AoS or even Daredevil Season 1. How can you put a fantastical character with a fantastical mythology on a low budget series? Imagine if this happened to Thor or Black Panther. Just because Iron Fist's adventures skew towards street-level doesnt mean that translates to tv. He's in that weird space like Spidey.

Should've gone with Shang-Chi if they wanted a street-level martial artist who could be on TV.

At least this show can stop being a punchline.

Netflix probably will smudge Luke Cage and Iron Fist together in a future season anyways... The budget just isn't there for some of these other properties (the Network TV shows seem to have higher budget than these).

I actually wonder if Marvel TV has been shooting themselves in the foot forcing them to commit to saying yes we will or no we won't make another singular season in a pressury kind of way as opposed to just letting things happen with a decent budget attached in a quality > quantity kind of way. Hardball I suppose is what they're playing now with the Disney streaming service on it's way (any money gained from Netflix before launch not being a good thing?). On the other hand, I think Netflix has gone downhill trying to rush out a huge volume of programming to compete amidst the changing technological/business landscape when it comes to home entertainment.

Overall, I doubt Disney will bother with the Iron Fist show as I mean how would they connect it to the other Netflix shows then if they want to compete with them? I can see something like Agent Carter as it was on ABC... A reboot perhaps like 5 years from now maybe.

Last edited:
Too bad. Given Marvel's statement, I'd be surprised if some sort of Heroes for Hire and/or Daughters of the Dragon lineup wasn't being discussed for Disney's new stream.

Too bad. Given Marvel's statement, I'd be surprised if some sort of Heroes for Hire and/or Daughters of the Dragon lineup wasn't being discussed for Disney's new stream.

But could a Heroes for Hire show even work? Mike Colter and Finn Jones barely can act, and the personalities and backstories of Cage and Fist on the shows are radically different than the comics.

What makes the dynamic work is having a brash, street-smart Cage with worldly, light-hearted but incredibly competent martial artist Fist. On the Netflix shows, we have a preachy Cage who is the straightman and an a formerly whiny, immature Danny who has somewhat changed but now shares chi powers with Colleen and is from a Kun-Lun that apparently is super dark.

4958040-immortalironfist-thelastironfiststoryv1-031.jpg

This is what Luke and Danny should be like:

Can't imagine Colter or Jones even pulling off those lines or chemistry credibly. And yeah, I saw the Danny ep in season 2 of LC. Wasn't bad but wasn't close to good either.

Eh. Disney could have tried harder with these cheap looking streaming shows. Reboot them all for the films someday.

Back in 2015, anyone remember those rumors circulating around (after originating on the Peeltheorange site and spreading elsewhere) about the Iron Fist TV show being cancelled and made into a movie with the Punisher instead being the tv series? Of course the rumor was shot down and eventually did get made into a series but there I remember reading a separate report about some disagreement behind the scenes in regards to how to approach the TV show (anyone locate this?).

It seems in the end budget dictated what truly could be done and the sorry way Danny explained his Iron Fist power to Luke Cage in the Defenders was their attempt to make his backstory seem interesting with the approach Marvel TV/Marvel Published ultimately settled on I suppose.:whatever:

Kinda not surprised and yet at the same time, despite finding the show INCREDIBLY lackluster for two seasons, that they were finally going to explore material from the IMMORTAL run made me hold out hope that season 3 would be a quantum leap improvement. Here's hoping they do give us something like that in the future in some way. Perhaps in a Heroes For Hire show.

No surprises there, then. Possibly the worst piece of casting I can remember, and the dullest show I think I’ve ever watched. I only got through three episodes of season one.

This is really surprising considering how season 2 ended, but I have a feeling it's just so they can finally make a Heroes for Hire show. If they had IF AND LC AND a Heroes for Hire show all going it would be MAD overkill. Even if they do go that route though, I have no idea how they'll wrap up what they started at the end of S2.

But could a Heroes for Hire show even work? Mike Colter and Finn Jones barely can act, and the personalities and backstories of Cage and Fist on the shows are radically different than the comics.

What makes the dynamic work is having a brash, street-smart Cage with worldly, light-hearted but incredibly competent martial artist Fist. On the Netflix shows, we have a preachy Cage who is the straightman and an a formerly whiny, immature Danny who has somewhat changed but now shares chi powers with Colleen and is from a Kun-Lun that apparently is super dark.

4958040-immortalironfist-thelastironfiststoryv1-031.jpg

This is what Luke and Danny should be like:

Can't imagine Colter or Jones even pulling off those lines or chemistry credibly. And yeah, I saw the Danny ep in season 2 of LC. Wasn't bad but wasn't close to good either.

Yeah neither of them are very good. They don't have really the correct characterisation either. They're pretty dull on their own, so sticking them together may not be that much better. At least we wouldn't have to see too much of either though. But I don't know if that would be double the agony or half the torture if they have to share the screen regularly.

There’s no chance in Hel that the movie division is going to now put Iron Fist onto the big screen. Feige has said he wants the MCU to go cosmic. The only tv hero who has a chance of crossing over is Daredevil and those chances are slim.

The statement says that he'll live on. Hopefully Season 3 of Luke Cage will become Power Man and Iron Fist or Iron Fist will migrate to the Disney streaming service or Hulu.

If Danny's story gets continued on another platform, should they consider recasting?

Mary will likely migrate to Daredevil. Colleen's story will likely continue on Luke Cage. I just hope that Danny's story gets resolution.

I can see Collen and Danny showing up on Luke Cage again.

Meachums could appear in Jessica Jones as Joy previously hired Jones before and could again. She could hire Jones to help her get out from Mary.

Mary could appear in Daredevil. It would be interesting to see Typhoid Mary vs Elektra.

They've cancelled Iron Fist, but never said anything about starting up a Daughters of the Dragon show. They could have one and continue Colleen and Misty's story there as crime-busting partners.

They can let Danny Rand ride off into the sunset while he's off on his quest to do something or other. I think there's no hope of ever seeing him become the Iron Fist we all know, and definitely no chance of him ever suiting up. That's a lost cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"