The Punisher Cancelled!

Yeah not shocked, just finished season 2. It was not that good, characters just went in circles and that side story with the girl was terrible. She wasn't that bad but the guy and group trying to off her was terrible.

I liked season 2 quite a bit. Sure, it had issues and wasn't very focused, but I enjoyed it.

As with the others, hope this gets snagged up by Hulu down the line.

I liked season 2 quite a bit. Sure, it had issues and wasn't very focused, but I enjoyed it.

As with the others, hope this gets snagged up by Hulu down the line.
I honestly think if this was going to happen, there'd be news of it by now. It's possible Hulu (or another network) were simply waiting for the last two shows to be officially cancelled before they spoke up and stepped in, but I can't imagine that is the case, which is indeed a shame, cause I wouldn't change anything about the cast and crew involved in these shows - I think they're perfect for them.

The only change I would make, I suppose, is to combine Luke & Danny; forget their individual shows and just run a Heroes for Hire series, maybe aim for a second Defenders series (to include Castle) too. At the very least I'd like an episode or two where main characters crossover.

I honestly think if this was going to happen, there'd be news of it by now. It's possible Hulu (or another network) were simply waiting for the last two shows to be officially cancelled before they spoke up and stepped in, but I can't imagine that is the case, which is indeed a shame, cause I wouldn't change anything about the cast and crew involved in these shows - I think they're perfect for them.

The only change I would make, I suppose, is to combine Luke & Danny; forget their individual shows and just run a Heroes for Hire series, maybe aim for a second Defenders series (to include Castle) too. At the very least I'd like an episode or two where main characters crossover.

I don't think there would be news as of yet. The properties are on a freeze for 2 years per the agreement with Netflix. Meaning they cannot actively develop new shows right now, and in 2 years time when they can then start developing the shows, actors will need new contracts and such. You can't say "They're coming to Hulu!" and then in 2 years everyone is busy and you cannot do anything with the shows. Makes you look foolish.

I don't think there would be news as of yet. The properties are on a freeze for 2 years per the agreement with Netflix. Meaning they cannot actively develop new shows right now, and in 2 years time when they can then start developing the shows, actors will need new contracts and such. You can't say "They're coming to Hulu!" and then in 2 years everyone is busy and you cannot do anything with the shows. Makes you look foolish.
I doubt anything will happen then, and this'll be the end of it. It's unrealistic to expect the cast and crew to stick around for two years in the hope that they may get the chance to continue these stories. They're going to need to invest in other roles elsewhere, and understandably so.

I doubt anything will happen then, and this'll be the end of it. It's unrealistic to expect the cast and crew to stick around for two years in the hope that they may get the chance to continue these stories. They're going to need to invest in other roles elsewhere, and understandably so.

Obviously nothing is a guarantee, but the various cast do seem to love these roles. If they have the opportunity to come back, I am sure they will. Charlie Cox went as far as to say he won't do other superhero media for a while in case Daredevil comes back. I don't think the 2 year gap is a deal breaker by any means. As long as the main heroes are available, really that is all you need. Side characters can be written off and such. Yes, in 2 years they might be busy. But conversely, in 2 years they may not have found a new role that will last for years. No one knows.

Hulu's senior VP of originals gave a statement, albeit boilerplate, saying that they would be interested in additional Marvel titles, specifically the Defenders characters but it will depend on certain factors.

tumblr_inline_owq2xpabHV1rcpygw_400.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"