Cap vs Wolvie

Cap seems to be like Marvel's Batman....a guy who, for some reason , everyone seems to be totally sure could defeat guys WAY about his level.

Captain America wins. Why? Because he is goddamn Captain f---ing America bit*h

Vanguard07 said:
I'm voting for Wolverine. Wolvie's every bit as skilled as Cap but he's physically superior. Wolverine has super powers. Cap's peak human. Being able to take almost any ammount of damage and heal from it is a better defense than a metal disc and claws that can cut through almost anything are a better offense than that same metal disk.

Cap'd give a good fight i'm sure. He always does. But realistically I couldnt possibly vote for him.

Basically what I was saying expounded further. No one's saying Cap's going down easy, but he is going down.

Gotta go with Cap on this one.

Wolverine has durability that is just too great. Even discouting skill levels there is just no way that Cap can hurt him. Anyone who can get knocked into orbit and survive can ignore anything Cap can dish out.

I also have to say Wolverine. Cap shield isn't enough to block both of Wolverine's claws and when you add the healing factor there's now way Cap would win.

Horrorfan said:
Cap seems to be like Marvel's Batman....a guy who, for some reason , everyone seems to be totally sure could defeat guys WAY about his level.
Wolverine's not way above Cap's level, though. In fact, he's lower than Cap in every physical area except durability. I personally think Cap's a much better fighter than Wolverine, too. Regardless of how much training Wolverine remembers (which is usually shown to be very little), the fact that he knows only a handful of things can kill him is bound to make him take pain more freely. We've seen it many, many times, where Wolverine will just wade into gunfire and let his healing factor take care of him. That makes a guy sloppy. Cap went through a war, often wielding nothing but a shield, and not only came out alive, he came out a legendary battlefield hero, without the crutch of a healing factor.

In the end it'll come down to fanboyism, I'm sure, but Cap has the physical advantage for the most part, and I've always seen him as a better fighter. I voted for Cap.

Wolverine's healing factor deals with anything Cap can throw at him, it might be drawn-out but eventually Wolverine would get the better of him and kill him.

Wolverine's healing factor doesn't prevent him from getting knocked out. Plus Cap knows about it and wouldn't be afraid of using more force than usual against him. I doubt Cap would just let Wolverine kill him, either. He'll use lethal force if he's pushed and sees no other way.

heres the thing though, you underestimate wolverine.. he knows more than captain america does and has had more experience. the only reason he doesnt fight with skill is because he doesnt need it. If hes getting shot at most of the time he doesnt need to dodge the bullets, he can just get shot. and wolverine uses leathal force moreorless all the time, Cap would have no choice but to die.

Mr.Valentine said:
heres the thing though, you underestimate wolverine.. he knows more than captain america does and has had more experience. the only reason he doesnt fight with skill is because he doesnt need it. If hes getting shot at most of the time he doesnt need to dodge the bullets, he can just get shot. and wolverine uses leathal force moreorless all the time, Cap would have no choice but to die.
Wow. Brilliant argument. Clearly, I am the one underestimating a character here. :)

cleary you are, but if you use leathal force... the other person normally dies. Dont get me wrong i respect captain america, but i dont think he wins this fight. just my opinion

Mr.Valentine said:
This is the standard Wolverine-fan argument.

"He uses lethal force."

A) No, he wouldn't. Not against a friend.
B) Every hero regularly fights a villain that is willing to use "lethal force".

Mr.Valentine said:
cleary you are, but if you use leathal force... the other person normally dies. Dont get me wrong i respect captain america, but i dont think he wins this fight. just my opinion

Captain America:Its over Wolverine, you cant beat me

Wolverine:Ill kill you bub'

Capatain America: Then I have no choice but to be killed. Ive fought agaisnt regiments of nazi's killing them at will, but against you Wolverine. I will stand by and just die.

Captain America. He's faster and stronger than Wolverine, and unless you're a cosmic deity Cap wins. Oh, and I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but Captain America never tires thanks to the Super Soldier Serum. It is impossible for Cap to become exhausted, so he'll be fighting at peak strength constantly.

a) wolverine and captain america arent really friends, they respect each other though.
b) yes they do

Mr.Valentine said:
a) wolverine and captain america arent really friends, they respect each other though.
b) yes they do
A) So would Logan use lethal force? No.
B) Do you then now see the futility in the 'lethal force' argument?

LibrarianThorne said:
Captain America. He's faster and stronger than Wolverine, and unless you're a cosmic deity Cap wins. Oh, and I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but Captain America never tires thanks to the Super Soldier Serum. It is impossible for Cap to become exhausted, so he'll be fighting at peak strength constantly.
Wolverine's healing factor does basically the same thing. I've never noticed him getting tired, anyway. So theoretically, if neither of them were able to kill the other, their fight could go on forever. :)

a) Just because you respect someone doesnt mean you wouldnt kill them. like Wolverine and the Silver Samurai
b) Not really, but you are probably right:O

Mr.Valentine said:
a) Just because you respect someone doesnt mean you wouldnt kill them. like Wolverine and the Silver Samurai
b) Not really, but you are probably right:O
The Silver Samurai is ultimately still a villain. And no, Logan would never kill Cap in good conscience. Otherwise, you really don't know Wolverine.

well not forever, because captain america can die if he gets stabbed, whereas wolverine cant die if captain america....shield slashes him or something. But i get the point yeah if no-one takes the upper hand or they are level pegging it would go on for ages..

Mr.Valentine said:
How does that logic not apply to Cap, too? Presumably they'd be fighting each other because they perceive each other as threats that need to be taken down. Cap's killed when he's run out of options before, and he's survived long enough to make the decision to kill against people who were trying to kill him right from the start, too. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"