The Dark Knight Capes and Cowls - New Batsuit Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TDKBatman.jpg

What do you guys think of the way it looks in this picture? At least here I think it looks justified. You can see the cloth very clearly underneath the very specifically designed armor pieces. Here, the Batsuit seems to be busy for an actual purpose, not just randomly busy. If you look, everything has a specific area to protect, and it's the straps and the relationship between the pieces of armor that make it look busy.

TDKBatman.jpg

What do you guys think of the way it looks in this picture? At least here I think it looks justified. You can see the cloth very clearly underneath the very specifically designed armor pieces. Here, the Batsuit seems to be busy for an actual purpose, not just randomly busy. If you look, everything has a specific area to protect, and it's the straps and the relationship between the pieces of armor that make it look busy.

Did you make this? This pic of the suit looks awesome!!!

It looks a little bit like a cyborg, but honestly it still works. :woot:

what i want to know is, how does he aquire this suit? does lucious make it for him? hell, i want to know if lucious even knows that bruce is batman in the sequel. he didnt seem to really know in BB, does bruce like tell him in TDK? cuz that would explain where he gets the new suit, the batpod, etc.

TDKBatman.jpg

Even though it's a drawing of the batsuit we are actually getting I like this picture alot less than the real thing. For one it's too bright. The mouth opening is wider than we're getting which is not a bad thing, but I just don't like the picture. I have never had a real problem with the busy nature of the suit on the torso. I just think the legs could have been designed a little better. Overall I like the suit a whole lot though.

what i want to know is, how does he aquire this suit? does lucious make it for him? hell, i want to know if lucious even knows that bruce is batman in the sequel. he didnt seem to really know in BB, does bruce like tell him in TDK? cuz that would explain where he gets the new suit, the batpod, etc.

Yeah I mean in the today show clip you can see Batman talking to fox in the suit, so with that and the fact that he had the idea in BB I am 99.99% positive that Lucius knows Bruce is Batman. And yeah I think that he does in fact build the new suit for Bruce.

Patience my young padawan for a jedi must eat as well.

Ehh I don't know, looks pretty painted over to me...

tdksuitmh1.jpg

what is up with the new cowl? i was hopeing they would improve upon the "egghead" cowl on the Begins suit, but they've actually made it worse! it looks even bigger then before. the angle its at in the movie doesnt even show the ears, so it makes him look like egghead from the 60's show. its like "marge simpson hair"-cowl.

what is up with the new cowl? i was hopeing they would improve upon the "egghead" cowl on the Begins suit, but they've actually made it worse! it looks even bigger then before. the angle its at in the movie doesnt even show the ears, so it makes him look like egghead from the 60's show. its like "marge simpson hair"-cowl.

It's going to look like that if you judge it by pictures where the ears are just barely cut off, genius.

Yeah, and to me it looks quite blue. It may not to you depending on your monitor, but it looks the color of Clooney's suit.

Yeah, and to me it looks quite blue. It may not to you depending on your monitor, but it looks the color of Clooney's suit.

Yeah, I definitely see the blue tint to it as well, but it's not obvious blue like Clooney's. It looks like a black suit.

Wow there are some great shots of the suit. Is anyone here attempting to build one of these like the guys in the Iron Man threads ? There are a couple of guys over in that section with shots of their Iron man suits. A TK1780 and a TMP.

Just wondering if anyone on this side was making an attempt on this suit like what those guys are doing ?

TDK's suit is like a cross between the Metal Gear and Guyver suits.

I kid you not.

The Head looks alright when it's well lit, but that's definitely not Batman.

When it's dark, he looks like an insect.

Give me keaton's cowl's faceprint with the begin's ears and cowl, and it'd be gold, I think.

He knows. Did you not watch BB? It's obvious he knows.

It's probably an unspoken agreement between Bruce and Lucious. Lucious definitely knows, but he'll never come out and say..."Bruce, you're Batman!!!"

TDK's suit is like a cross between the Metal Gear and Guyver suits.

I kid you not.

Lol Jimmy I remember you posting pictures of the Guyver suit when the leaked pics first came out. As far as the Metal Gear suit goes...that would truely be cool to see in a film one day.

do you think we'll see the classic batsuit in post-nolan movies ?
still_30.jpg

do you think we'll see the classic batsuit in post-nolan movies ?

Someday we will. Personally, I prefer the black suits. Burton did it, Shumacher continued it (minus B&R), and Nolan's used it as well. I like Batman in black, but maybe that's just me.

Can I shed a little thing I learned from people in the Comic Book's Industry?

The reason why Batman is Black and Grey/Blue in the the comics is because he was suppose to be all black, but it is impossible to color him that way without making him look like one giant ink blot. Using other colors gives the 2D image three dimensions, allows you to visually separate the various parts of his body from each other and are called "highlights" for that reason.

However in Film, it is quite easy to manufacture and light costumes so that even if it is one color it can be highlighted with motion or light. Thus there is no need for him to go to his "classic" colors.

To put it this way, Classic Batman and Mario were designed the same way, to avoid the technological limitations of said medium and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"