Sequels Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

All this Mar Vell talk is setting me up for a let down. He's a d-lister I've always had a soft spot for and would love to see translated to live action. What d-listers would some of you like to see ?

All this Mar Vell talk is setting me up for a let down. He's a d-lister I've always had a soft spot for and would love to see translated to live action. What d-listers would some of you like to see ?

I can't really think of any off the top of my head, why don't you list a few characters you consider "D listers".

The general audience don't know whether he's a D-lister or not though.

The Incredibles weren't known at all. They were just invented for the movie in fact. Same with non-superhero films.

So I'm sure Captain Marvel could be well received if he's done properly and has a decent actor in the part. I think Armie Hammer could bring him to life, and he's an up-and-coming actor who is gaining more attention.

The general audience don't know whether he's a D-lister or not though.

The Incredibles weren't known at all. They were just invented for the movie in fact. Same with non-superhero films.

So I'm sure Captain Marvel could be well received if he's done properly and has a decent actor in the part. I think Armie Hammer could bring him to life, and he's an up-and-coming actor who is gaining more attention.

I've always been meaning to ask you this, you are a female right?

Sasquatch, Black Knight, Guardian, Cloak, Dagger, Shroud, etc

Cloak and Dagger would make me very happy.

I've always been meaning to ask you this, you are a female right?

Nope. Male. Why do you ask?

You wouldn't have Sasquatch and Guardian in movies of their own. They would be in an Alpha Flight movie.

Cloak and Dagger would be in their own movie too.

Black Knight could work on his own, but it should tie into all the medieval stuff just as Marvel is developing the cosmic stuff. Then they could throw in Captain Britain in there. Although he is more closely associated with X-Men these days, Capt Britain started off with Black Knight and managed to get himself killed at the hands of the White Rider before he was brought back by Merlin. That's when he had his original lionheart costume with the sceptre.

Lol I can understand mediocre, but terrible?
Yeah she's really hot so people tend to overlook it but she's just really really awful in almost everything she's done

The difference is that Captain Marvel had his own title, while the ones you mention don't. Younger generations don't know much about Captain Marvel, because he belonged to the 60s and 70s, but he was considered a major character in the Marvel roster back then. Marvel has tried unsuccessfully to revive interest in him in subsequent decades with variant Captains like Genis-Vell and Photon, and even Mar-Vell revisited.

All that adds up to him being a lot more than a D-lister.

I'm all for an Alpha Flight movie. Too bad their 'on-going series' got cancelled after 8. Bad form. Oh well. But it would good to see them get a film.

Yeah she's really hot so people tend to overlook it but she's just really really awful in almost everything she's done

Good point, when I watch her in films I do pay more attention to how she looks that what she's saying or doing.

Ms Marvel's called Captain Marvel now. Jus' sayin'

Mar-Vell -> Carol passing the mantle/legacy movie. Get to work, Marvel

Boo. I prefer her called Ms Marvel than Captain Marvel.

I preferred Warbird, myself.

That always sounded very generic, like Photon.

Ms Marvel is more catchy and has more personality. Anyone could've been called Warbird - eg one of these spins offs from Thunderbird of the X-Men.

That always sounded very generic, like Photon.

Ms Marvel is more catchy and has more personality. Anyone could've been called Warbird - eg one of these spins offs from Thunderbird of the X-Men.

Ms. Marvel sounds like she should belong to DC's Marvel Family. A nickname for Mary Marvel.

Ms. Marvel sounds like she should belong to DC's Marvel Family. A nickname for Mary Marvel.

Except that the Marvel Family sound like they should all belong to Marvel Comics.

My problem with Ms Marvel is that its one of those "female version of male character" names, even though more people have probably heard of Carol Danvers than Mar-Vell these days. Warbird at least fits with her military origins.

My problem with Ms Marvel is that its one of those "female version of male character" names, even though more people have probably heard of Carol Danvers than Mar-Vell these days. Warbird at least fits with her military origins.

Well that has never been a problem for people in everyday life. You get plenty of girls' names which are the female equivalent of males (or vice versa):

eg: Samantha/ Samuel; Henrietta/ Henry; Patricia/ Patrick; Georgina/ George; Josephine/Joseph; Michaela/ Michael; Christine/ Christopher etc.

And what about she/he or woman/man?

It's not like a female version doesn't hold any weight on her own. It's part of our human culture to have something like that.

Ms. Marvel sounds pretty damn generic as well.

Ms. Marvel needs to happen. The world needs a really good, female-driven superhero movie. Though it'll be for sure be called Captain Marvel, because a.) They want to align their film and comic properties, and she's Captain Marvel now, b.) Captain Marvel is an easier sell to male audiences than Ms. Marvel, and c.) No way Marvel misses the opportunity to put DC in a crappy position with their own Captain Marvel.

And to me, the obvious director/actor pairing for this is Kathryn Bigelow and Jessica Chastain. Carol Danvers is a military pilot and, in the Kelly Sue DeConnick reboot, is depicted as a perfectionist and a self-destructive adrenaline junkies. Marvel will definitely want to go after a female director, and military movies and self-destructive adrenaline junkie protagonists are Kathryn Bigelow's bread and butter. It's, to me, as natural and obvious a pairing of director and material as Captain America with Joe Johnston.

Plus, Jessica Chastain is a physically attractive woman at the right age who has shown enormous range and talent as an actor, she's hot right now, but not a huge star yet, she was already cast in Iron Man 3 before dropping out for scheduling reasons, but said she still wants to be in a Marvel movie, and she's starring in the upcoming Zero Dark Thirty directed by, hey, you guessed it, Kathryn Bigelow.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Ms. Marvel needs to happen. The world needs a really good, female-driven superhero movie. Though it'll be for sure be called Captain Marvel, because a.) They want to align their film and comic properties, and she's Captain Marvel now, b.) Captain Marvel is an easier sell to male audiences than Ms. Marvel, and c.) No way Marvel misses the opportunity to put DC in a crappy position with their own Captain Marvel.

And to me, the obvious director/actor pairing for this is Kathryn Bigelow and Jessica Chastain. Carol Danvers is a military pilot and, in the Kelly Sue DeConnick reboot, is depicted as a perfectionist and a self-destructive adrenaline junkies. Marvel will definitely want to go after a female director, and military movies and self-destructive adrenaline junkie protagonists are Kathryn Bigelow's bread and butter. It's, to me, as natural and obvious a pairing of director and material as Captain America with Joe Johnston.

Plus, Jessica Chastain is a physically attractive woman at the right age who has shown enormous range and talent as an actor, she's hot right now, but not a huge star yet, she was already cast in Iron Man 3 before dropping out for scheduling reasons, but said she still wants to be in a Marvel movie, and she's starring in the upcoming Zero Dark Thirty directed by, hey, you guessed it, Kathryn Bigelow.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Yes to Bigelow, no to Chastain. I can't see Chastain becoming an action star or Ms. Marvel, ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"