Sequels Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

The advantage of having lesser-known/TV actors in the role like Strahovski, Sackhoff or Winnick, is that you can set all of this up in other MCU movies first, without the audience wondering, "hey, why is Charlize Theron playing that pilot? Kind of a waste." I would personally like to see both Mar-Vell/Dr. Lawson and Danvers introduced in smaller roles in other MCU films (or even Agents of SHIELD) before the Captain Marvel movie, so that when he dies, the audience will have had ample time to become attached to him and it feels like the end of one era, and the beginning of a new one.

Fantastic! I love the idea of setting them both up in Agents of SHIELD. So much potential!

If anyone can pull this sort of thing off it's Whedon, Whedon, Tancharoen and Bell.

I think the following characters will get solos before they ever consider mrs marvel. Although I do think she will appear in an avengers sequel eventually.

1.Black Panther
2.Dr. Strange
3.Namor
4.The Inhumans
5.Hulk

This. I'd also like to see Runaways too. I really think Ms. Marvel is down the totem pole a bit.

I never really understood the appeal of the character, outside the obvious fan service element. I think she's kind of an amalgamation of several generic comic book tropes, and is generally kind of a cookie cutter character.

I would prefer it if she was intoduced in an Avengers sequel similar to Black Widow, I think she would benefit an Avengers film and fit into the MCU nicely. I did a digital painting on what her costume could look with keeping it classic while being modern and realistic.

ms_marvel_by_x_men_pro-d6y2wnt.jpg

I would prefer it if she was intoduced in an Avengers sequel similar to Black Widow, I think she would benefit an Avengers film and fit into the MCU nicely. I did a digital painting on what her costume could look with keeping it classic while being modern and realistic.

This looks Great! :yay:

I'd love to see this look in the films. Awesome work!

Carol Danvers shouldve been introduced as either a Shield/Sword Agent ir Nova Corp member or something by this point. Im just undecided on what her name should be. Ms. Marvel sounds cheesy but could be a golsmind with women actually. And Captain Marvel could be to similar to Cap.

Not a bad choice. She's a good actress and she looks the part. She's also not extremely well-known yet, so the wouldn't have to pay her a ton of money.

Margot Robbie (Wolf of Wall Street) is my pick for Carol Danvers

1341993-margot-robbie-attends-the-premiere-of-950x0-1.jpg

Perfect. Great young talent, with a mature look to her. (i.e. strong featured. Not a baby face.)

*Sits back waits for waves of complaints that Ms. Marvel needs to be played by a 35-40 year old actress.*

Sounds great. I haven't seen her personally, but it's as good a casting suggestion as any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"