The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He (Grillo) is really a phenomenal actor.

I see him being less the Crossbones physically in the comics, but keeping his brutal, psychotic character. I really hope they convey that aspect about him.

Exactly, here's how I see it:
Captain America - Captain America
Bucky - Winter Soldier
Red Skull - Zemo
Zola - Crossbones
Peggy - Sharon
Phillips - Nick Fury
Howling Commandos - SHIELD agents (Widow/Falcon/Hill/Hawkeye/etc.)
Erskine - ???
Stark - ???

TWS essentially has two less roles than the first one
You're missing Falcon.

And you can be damn sure Widow and Hawkeye, if he's there, will have a lot more to do than Dum Dum Dugan did.

Crossbones is more of a henchman though. Who is going to be the main villain? Red Skull or Baron Zemo, or Armin Zola (which i wouldn't want).

If Latino-review are to be believe, we're still due another "physical" role to be cast...

Zemo seems likely.

Probably the role Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is up for.

If Zemo is in it, I hope that it's leading to a Masters of Evil confrontation.

It's just a shame though that the Enchantress and the Executioner aren't in Thor 2, even in small roles. They don't need to be part of the main plot, but it's always nice to see seeds planted so that it shows that characters have been around for a while instead of just popping up when convenient.

Hey fellow Cap fans, help a guy out
cap_vote.jpg

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=399863

You're missing Falcon.

And you can be damn sure Widow and Hawkeye, if he's there, will have a lot more to do than Dum Dum Dugan did.

No, Falcon is definitely there. And even if they do have bigger roles that still makes it pretty equal to the first film.

No, Falcon is definitely there. And even if they do have bigger roles that still makes it pretty equal to the first film.
Indeed he is, my mistake.

But I don't know, man. I feel like they're adding characters because they want to make use of those contracts and keep them relevant.

I think this is looking more like Iron Man 2 than it is looking like CATFA.

Indeed he is, my mistake.

But I don't know, man. I feel like they're adding characters because they want to make use of those contracts and keep them relevant.

I think this is looking more like Iron Man 2 than it is looking like CATFA.
As long as the story is fairly solid and the performances are fine, then it's nowhere near IM2. IM2's biggest failing was the story bogged down in the middle.

:cap:That's awesome news about Frank Grillo is going to protray Brock Rumlow/Crossbones in 2014's Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Last edited:
Obviously the direction of this film seems to be heavily based off of Ed Brubaker story which makes me all the more excited.

It's just that I have expectations (not unreasonable ones in my opinion) and I'm beginning to think there won't be room for them.

I want Steve and Sam to develop a close bond. As Sam is probably Steve's best friend in the comics, perhaps more than Bucky, certainly more than anyone on the Avengers.

I also want Sharon and Steve's relationship to be developed, and it needs to be developed to avoid the ick factor.

I want the Peggy and Steve to get a resolution of some sort. And I want to see Steve handling the modern world.

Then of course, there's Bucky, and his past exploits as the Winter Soldier.

I guess I don't see Steve doing much bonding or romance while he's trying to save his best friend from decades of brainwashing.

Then of course, there's the rumors that the movie will also explore Natasha and Clint's background and relationship. And even if they aren't true, even if Natasha is the only one in the movie, I think we'll probably see her get more focus than Sharon or Sam, because she's got star power and plenty of exposure as one of the leads in the biggest movie in cbm history.

Frankly, I don't have enough faith in Marvel to see them focusing on getting the story right rather than achieving a business plan.

Part of their business plan involves telling a good story, no?

Let's not freak out about the WS storyline getting short-changed until we know more about the movie.

This could end up being marvel's version of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol where the team leader may have a small and elite group to command but where the heart of story comes from the leader/ala the protagonist's arc.

I think it's pretty telling that Mackie was cast months and months before Sharon and the villains. He's gonna have a big role in the movie

A good enough one, maybe. Not necessarily the best one they're capable of.
How would you know? Now that Phase 1 was such a success Marvel is going to go all out with Phase 2. There's no need to be "safe" anymore.

And even if they aren't true, even if Natasha is the only one in the movie, I think we'll probably see her get more focus than Sharon or Sam, because she's got star power and plenty of exposure as one of the leads in the biggest movie in cbm history.
I'm not sure about that. I suspect she'll have something like her part in Iron Man 2, related to Winter Soldier stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"