Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Avengers already proved that it does more than just open portals and provide renewable energy. Selvig and Hawkeye, as thralls to Loki, used it to gain extensive knowledge and even see into the near future.

But no, I wouldn't want to see the Tesseract be the cure for Bucky's memory loss....there's plenty of real-life cures available right now here on good ol' Earth that could believably be used for that. All he needs is a pill or a swift roundhouse kick to the head to snap out of it.

2. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

Like the shot Widow gave Hawkeye to the head in Avengers, against that square metal railing

oh god, it looked so painful it gives me a headache

3. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

I'd really hate it if all it took was a conk to the head. Like the Winter Soldier never got hit in all those years?

4. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

considering it's on asgard, no lol

unless the winter soldier is taking place in multiple realm, then most likely no

5. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I was being facetious, of course. But there's plenty of deprogramming/memory restoration options that don't involve any sci-fi/fantasy foofaraw --- just some really good psychiatric work and some powerful drugs.

6. BullMcGiveny

7. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

There's 2 films between now and WS, it could be brought back down.

8. bert19

bert19 Well-Known Member

The bump to the head thing could work, given it presumably took a lot of brainwashing for Bucky to become the Winter Soldier. He could definitely be subject to painful flashbacks (i.e. like Banner is in the Incredible Hulk) at inopportune moments.

Maybe it gets worse for him in a fight with Cap/Crossbones when he gets hit (it's not that likely he'll have taken too many of them in his preceding WS years as he's essentially used as a surprise assassin and often takes targets out on the sly or from distance).

And perhaps his mind really starts to return after a strike from the good old vibranium. Even after brainwashing, he's got to have some subconscious memory of how dangerous a man throwing a big metal shield about is? Surely?

9. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

The one thing that I really hope for is that the film doesn't feel rushed once it gets to the third act and that the production value doesn't come off as cheap at times.

I can't tell you on how many times I've read someone commenting on how "cheap" the Hydra Raid Montage came off, along with how once Steve became Captain America in the battlefield, the film felt as though it rushed right into how he eventually ended up in the modern day era.

10. Hawkingbird

To be honest, given how sucsesful Avengers was, they'll probably be able to risk putting allot of money into it.

11. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

TBH, I think some of that was due to Johnston's intended throwback style. Not so much the "rushed" part, but the "cheap" look of the "Saturday morning serial"-stylized montage. Since we're now on modern Cap, that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

12. BullMcGiveny

13. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

14. kaijunexus

kaijunexus Marvel Cinematic Universe

At this point, that's just fine. It's unfortunate in terms of flashbacks, but any flashbacks in CA:TWS would probably be focusing on Steve's friendship with Bucky more than anything else.

As far as Cap meeting an older Peggy in present day, it's probably better to go with an older actress rather than having Atwell wear extensive facial makeup and prosthetics anyway.

Again, would have been nice to have seen her in a flashback or two...but no great loss.

15. BullMcGiveny

I bet an older actress is cheaper, too. I'm a little disappointed with the final, clinching confirmation she won't be Sharon, though. It was always unlikely, but still.

16. Filmboy

Filmboy Well-Known Member

17. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Not overly surprised to not see her, but there will probably still be a reference or two to her.

18. the dmg

the dmg The Funky Homosapien

Yeah...not surprised here either, but you never know.

19. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I don't think the cube can do that. Cap and/or Bucky will have to do it themselves.

20. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

The Cube in the comics can do that (and pretty much anything else), since that's how he got his memories back in the comics. As for the movie Teseract, it's back in Asgard and I don't see it appearing in Cap 2.

21. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

In the animated series, they didn't do it that way though. I think it would make more sense if Bucky is aware of everything and just snaps himself out of it. The way it happened in the animated series was more organic and realistic.

I think its lame in the comics that the cube can do any and everything. I think even the cube should have limits.

22. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

If the Cube becomes part of Thanos' plans, then it should and probably will have the same properties as in the comics. The Skull and Zola never used its reality-warping capabilities, nor did SHIELD and Selvig, but that may have more to do with the limits of their (human) imagination than anything else. Thanos definitely has the imagination and the will to use the Cube to brings true horrors to reality. For that it will need to have all of its powers.

23. Hawkingbird

That's how it worked in the comics.

24. Jake Cassidy

Jake Cassidy Well-Known Member

Evans' replacement

[​IMG]

25. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

^^Cap uses the cosmic cube to see how the other side lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.