The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was kept separated from the other prisoners, too. During the escape, Zola came out of the same room right before Steve went in and found Bucky who was mumbling something.

I did not notice the sniper thing till after the second viewing. Also, I remember reading somewhere about how Stan purposely acted differently. If you notice, Bucky was all smiling and confident at the beginning of the film. Then after the Hydra base, he seems depressed and beaten. Even when they were joking at the bar and the cliff, he seemed sad.

Oh, the commentary pretty much gives it away that something was done to Bucky and he would be back. Although, I never thought they would do the Winter Solider story in the first sequel. Better yet, named it as the subtitle of the film.

He was kept separated from the other prisoners, too. During the escape, Zola came out of the same room right before Steve went in and found Bucky who was mumbling something.

I did not notice the sniper thing till after the second viewing. Also, I remember reading somewhere about how Stan purposely acted differently. If you notice, Bucky was all smiling and confident at the beginning of the film. Then after the Hydra base, he seems depressed and beaten. Even when they were joking at the bar and the cliff, he seemed sad.

Oh, the commentary pretty much gives it away that something was done to Bucky and he would be back. Although, I never thought they would do the Winter Solider story in the first sequel. Better yet, named it as the subtitle of the film.

When Steve found Bucky he was mumbling his name, rank and serial number over and over. Doubtless he had been doing that the whole while Schmidt and Zola had been experimenting on/torturing him. :csad:

tumblr_lc29zf7K6z1qahdn2o1_500.gif

Alison does look like Atwell and pulled off a British accent in Five-Year Engagment.. if they're going to make Sharon British which was a rumor hence a bevy of British actresses being linked.. perhaps a rap-battle with Anthony Mackie ala 8 Mile is in the cards hehe I'll be on board too see her as Sharon..

[YT]PjtbM0upvbA[/YT]

There is speculation that Captain America may be wearing his new shield suit in the new Movie! It;s a potential scoop that will be reveled during the superbowl on comic book movies.com

Are 'scoop' and 'cbm dot com' even allowed in the same sentence?
it depends on the sentence. just like with the Bremen Town Musicians it is all about context. The sentence 'cbm dot com will never get a real scoop' is perfectly acceptable

It was when Cap found him in the Hydra base. He was strapped to a table, presumably so they could experiment on him.

That whole scene/interaction was poorly done IMO. Felt so rushed and generic. Reminded me of Keenan Ivory Wayans in "Don't Be a Menace ...." where he'd show up and yell "Message!" LOL

That whole scene/interaction was poorly done IMO. Felt so rushed and generic. Reminded me of Keenan Ivory Wayans in "Don't Be a Menace ...." where he'd show up and yell "Message!" LOL

agreed. I didn't feel the significance of it..

I think it was a good example of choosing not to beat the audience over the head. It would have been a much worse decision to throw in various "Obvious Foreshadowing Here" type emphasis to the scene.

So now with Emily Van Camp landing the female lead role, casting is almost complete. But I still want to hear an announcement for Zemo. I don't want Armin Zola as the big bad, and Crossbones is more of the muscle/henchman type.

I'm kind of worried about the large cast of characters in this movie (memories of Spider-Man 3), as well as the unknown directors they hired to direct the sequel instead of Joe Johnson. I hope Marvel knows what they're doing.

Yeah, the choice of directors, regardless of their work on stuff like AD and Community, gives me pause.

I'm kind of worried about the large cast of characters in this movie (memories of Spider-Man 3), as well as the unknown directors they hired to direct the sequel instead of Joe Johnson. I hope Marvel knows what they're doing.

Who saw Iron Man coming with John Favreau as director? After 6 consecutive successes I've learned to trust Marvel.

Large cast? It's less than the Avengers. You have:

Steve
Bucky
Sharon
Fury
Maria
Natasha
Falcon
Crossbones
Arnim Zola

People need to stop comparing everything with more than 5 cast members to SM3. The problem with SM3 wasn't that it had two villains in the first place, it's how they were handled that was the problem.

Large cast? It's less than the Avengers. You have:

Steve
Bucky
Sharon
Fury
Maria
Natasha
Falcon
Crossbones
Arnim Zola

People need to stop comparing everything with more than 5 cast members to SM3. The problem with SM3 wasn't that it had two villains in the first place, it's how they were handled that was the problem.

Yup.
Hell, as long as everybody's on the same page, you can have a dozen villains, or a dozen heroes, and everything works fine. When you have multiple *storylines* trying to cross over and fit together like square pegs in round holes, THAT'S when you run into trouble. Raimi had three very different villains with three very different storylines, and tried (or was forced, more like) to cram them all together, and it just made no sense at all.

Now that this movie has three women (so far) cast in pretty major supporting roles, dare I hope it'll pass Bechdel? So far, Thor has that distinction over its other MCU counterparts.

I really like how Marvel's going big time for the female audience. Hit up the female star of one of the most zeitgeistiest TV shows of recent. (And, as someone pointed out earlier, on the same network as their upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. series).

Now that this movie has three women (so far) cast in pretty major supporting roles, dare I hope it'll pass Bechdel? So far, Thor has that distinction over its other MCU counterparts.

I really like how Marvel's going big time for the female audience. Hit up the female star of one of the most zeitgeistiest TV shows of recent. (And, as someone pointed out earlier, on the same network as their upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. series).

Well they seem to have cast in house since ABC is owned by Disney. I'm sure that's how they'll manage to allow Emily to be on both Revenge and Cap 2, and even possibly guest appearances in SHIELD. Maybe someone from ABC suggested her when they couldn't find a suitable actress for the movie. She didn't seem to be on their radar at all before.

Well, Chris Evans wasnt on their radar for Cap last time , that worked out pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"