The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Toby Jones regarding Arnim Zola

Infinity Formula?

Strongly doubt it. The Formula is just an anagathic --- an anti-aging serum.

Instead, it's more likely that Toby means (knowingly or unknowingly) that the character evolves the same way he does in the comics --- i.e., by becoming an AI who can transfer from body to body, including robotic forms. Zola is like Wintermute from William Gibson's Neuromancer....he's just an evil AI, and is therefore pretty much as immortal as he wants to be, until someone pulls the plug on him, so to speak.

Steven Soderbergh is an awful director so I'm not too impressed.

I'm confused, what is Soderbergh's relationship with the Russos?

tumblr_md7ip9vx3Z1rfy2fao1_500-1_zps14ea8bc8.jpg
Plus Arnim Zola and Crossbones.

I'm honestly not expecting Crossbones to be much of a character. Probably just a guy for Cap and Falcon to punch and fight with.

If Coulson wasn't the one picked to be the proverbial sacrificial lamb in "The Avengers", it would have been interesting to see him working with Steve in this film as well.

Speaking of which, do you guys think that we'll see the Hellcarrier in this film considering all of the SHIELD agents involved in this film? Or should it be something that stays in the Avengers films?

Also, I wonder if we should expect to see some cameos from the major SHIELD agent characters from the new SHIELD show.

I kind of worry though for Cap's sequel since Marvel could easily end up making the mistake of trying to fit too many SHIELD related characters into this film since they can't find a reason to within the other MCU Phase 2 films.

If Coulson wasn't the one picked to be the proverbial sacrificial lamb in "The Avengers", it would have been interesting to see him working with Steve in this film as well.

Speaking of which, do you guys think that we'll see the Hellcarrier in this film considering all of the SHIELD agents involved in this film? Or should it be something that stays in the Avengers films?

Also, I wonder if we should expect to see some cameos from the major SHIELD agent characters from the new SHIELD show.

I kind of worry though for Cap's sequel since Marvel could easily end up making the mistake of trying to fit too many SHIELD related characters into this film since they can't find a reason to within the other MCU Phase 2 films.
I wouldn't be surprised.

Considering SHILED will have a large role in this film, I do think we'll be seeing the Helicarrier. I hope we do, seeming at it doesn't look like it will turn up in Thor 2 or IM3.

Considering SHILED will have a large role in this film, I do think we'll be seeing the Helicarrier. I hope we do, seeming at it doesn't look like it will turn up in Thor 2 or IM3.

Yeah, I don't see why not. The Helicarrier isn't something exclusive to the Avengers; it's SHIELD's roving HQ. Since CATWS apparently focuses heavily on SHIELD, it's natural to assume the Carrier will show up in some capacity.

I don't think the Helicarrier is a problem. In Star Trek, they had the Enterprise (or whichever ship they had for a series) on a weekly basis, as well as all the recurring alien ships.

Half the time anyway, they'll probably just be filming the interiors (they'll have a set for that) or it might be on the flight deck, in which case it would look like a normal aircraft carrier (which they could use, unless they also have a set for that too).

I'd like to see Fury's under-ground base. If we're exploring his character in this film, it would be good to explore the whole "his secrets have secrets" thing. I'd love to get a bit more of the 616 Fury.

Hayley's coming back! :highfive:

But Peggy won't be Steve's love interest. :waa:

tumblr_ltqmkpNwgX1qhcgefo1_250.gif
tumblr_ltqmkpNwgX1qhcgefo2_250.gif

tumblr_ltqmkpNwgX1qhcgefo3_250.gif
tumblr_ltqmkpNwgX1qhcgefo4_250.gif

If only she'd be in it for longer than a flashback.

But this is great.

This is great news. It preserves the continuity. I hope though that maybe it's her older self telling Steve how, when he disappeared into the Arctic during WWII, she was heartbroken but had to move on with life, and then there's a flashback to Hayley set after CA: TFA but before he awoke again in 2011.

Hayley Atwell was pretty great on science fiction anthology show Black Mirror last night and coincidentally Robert Downey Junior just brought the rights to a episode of Black Mirror which he is going to turn into a film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"