The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there's a present day scene with Peggy. They need to have that dance.

You had me at Hayley. I don't care it it is one second. Peggy and Steve are my favorite couple in comic film. Hayley didn't have the most screen time, but she made every moment count imo. She played the balance between being a soldier and a woman to Cap so well.

]Hayley Atwell was pretty great on science fiction anthology show Black Mirror last night[/B] and coincidentally Robert Downey Junior just brought the rights to a episode of Black Mirror which he is going to turn into a film.

She also looked incredibly hot. :woot:

I hope there's a present day scene with Peggy. They need to have that dance.

Tucci said it's a flashback.

I'm actually hoping that's why Toby Jones is back, too --- only in flashback scenes. I'd actually prefer not to see Arnim Zola as part of modern Cap's problems.

Hayley's coming back! :highfive:

But Peggy won't be Steve's love interest. :waa:

tumblr_ltqmkpNwgX1qhcgefo1_250.gif
tumblr_ltqmkpNwgX1qhcgefo2_250.gif

tumblr_ltqmkpNwgX1qhcgefo3_250.gif
tumblr_ltqmkpNwgX1qhcgefo4_250.gif
That costume is beautiful

I hope there's more than one flashback. One which is set during the time of CA:TFA of a scene we didn't see, and one of Peggy mourning Steve.

Don't know how Peggy would look all made up to look old. Which actresses look like an older version of Hayley Atwell?

I hope there's more than one flashback. One which is set during the time of CA:TFA of a scene we didn't see, and one of Peggy mourning Steve.

Don't know how Peggy would look all made up to look old. Which actresses look like an older version of Hayley Atwell?

I'm sure the scenes won't be just re-treads of stuff we already saw in CATFA. If they're hiring her, Jones and possibly more of the CATFA cast for flashbacks, they'll shoot new scenes.

I hope to god they don't try to do Old Lady Peggy, especially with Hayley in tons of makeup. I'd rather see that she died some time ago, and just use "regular" Hayley for flashback scenes.

It'll be nice to fill in some of the blanks on CATFA in this movie.

I'm sure the scenes won't be just re-treads of stuff we already saw in CATFA. If they're hiring her, Jones and possibly more of the CATFA cast for flashbacks, they'll shoot new scenes.

I hope to god they don't try to do Old Lady Peggy, especially with Hayley in tons of makeup. I'd rather see that she died some time ago, and just use "regular" Hayley for flashback scenes.

It'll be nice to fill in some of the blanks on CATFA in this movie.

I never said anything about retreads of things we've already seen. I specifically said flashbacks set during the time of CA:TFA which we haven't seen (ie weren't covered by the limited timeframe of the first movie), or flashbacks of Peggy mourning Steve (again which we haven't seen).

If Hayley has a mother or grandmother who looks like her, maybe she could stand in for her, since she won't need to necessarily say much (especially if she's very old and in a senile or even demented state). Perhaps she has parkinsons or alzheimers or maybe even a stroke and can't say anything. At least with an actual relative it would look potentially like Hayley (although some people's grandmothers look nothing alike).

I am going on record now saying that Miss Hayley has been LYING to the press, and that she will indeed have a sizable contribution in CATWS.

Hayley let one thing slip recently--she indicated she was headed to LA for an extended stay. That would be for CATWS, which will film largely in LA (with some photography in Cleveland and D.C.).

I believe she is playing Sharon Carter. How EVC fits in, I do not know. But it ain't as SC.

When I turn out to be wrong, you can all point and laugh.

Getting a little tired of people throwing the word LYING around, as if it's some malicious conspiracy to keep nerds uninformed and out of the loop. It was ******** when people accused JJ Abrams of it last month and it's ******** now.

GIGGETY!!

So happy Haley Atwell's returning. She's my favorite MCU dame!

I am going on record now saying that Miss Hayley has been LYING to the press, and that she will indeed have a sizable contribution in CATWS.

Hayley let one thing slip recently--she indicated she was headed to LA for an extended stay. That would be for CATWS, which will film largely in LA (with some photography in Cleveland and D.C.).

I believe she is playing Sharon Carter. How EVC fits in, I do not know. But it ain't as SC.

When I turn out to be wrong, you can all point and laugh.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but I won't say you're wrong (yet), either.
All we know is that Vancamp is the "love interest," and there's other options besides Sharon. It's just that Sharon is 99% likely to be "Love Interest."

Hayley might have more than just a brief cameo, but I'm sure all her scenes are still set during WWII as Peggy. The movie might turn out to have a lot of connections to Cap's WWII adventures, and require a lot of flashbacks.

Getting a little tired of people throwing the word LYING around, as if it's some malicious conspiracy to keep nerds uninformed and out of the loop. It was ******** when people accused JJ Abrams of it last month and it's ******** now.
Abrams lied to himself while his pants were in flames!

Honestly guys, while I don't think Tucci is lying he could be wrong. He could be saying this based on hearsay. Sometimes people we think would be in the know, get the same rumors as we do.

Doubt tucci is lying. She's probably just in flashback scenes

If Sharon Carter does end up being a love interest for Steve in the MCU, and is also presented as being a biological relative of Peggy, then I wonder if the reason why they never allowed Peggy and Steve to get very intimate in the past would be because of that factor.

With all of the films that we've seen set during that era as of late, it wouldn't be out of the blue to show a couple having a sexual relationship with each other but given the fact that Steve is known to have a romantic relationship with Peggy's niece in the future, I wonder if they wanted to try and lessen the awkwardness of that by just having Peggy and Steve go as far as one kiss during their time together.

She'll be flashback scenes, which I am happy with. I wouldn't want her to be Sharon, it would look odd and cheap.

If Sharon Carter does end up being a love interest for Steve in the MCU, and is also presented as being a biological relative of Peggy, then I wonder if the reason why they never allowed Peggy and Steve to get very intimate in the past would be because of that factor.

With all of the films that we've seen set during that era as of late, it wouldn't be out of the blue to show a couple having a sexual relationship with each other but given the fact that Steve is known to have a romantic relationship with Peggy's niece in the future, I wonder if they wanted to try and lessen the awkwardness of that by just having Peggy and Steve go as far as one kiss during their time together.

Maybe, but I doubt it. I don't think regular audiences would see an "ick factor" as much as some of you guys seem to think. In the case of Atwell and Evans, I think it was just simply a case of the writer wanting to end the first movie with an emotional farewell.

Tucci said he really enjoyed making CATFA and wished he could come back somehow. It would've been nice if he could, in a flashback too. Maybe in a scene before Steve took the serum which we were not privy to, or even perhaps a different scene of him interacting with a different character or developing the SSS.

I wonder if Tommy Lee Jones could cameo as well now.

I wonder if Tommy Lee Jones could cameo as well now.

No thanx.

It would be ridiculous if virtually everyone from the first film appears in a flashbacks or turns out to still be alive. Don't forget this film features a whole new cast of characters who weren't in TFA- Fury, Hill, Widow, Falcon etc etc. There ain't gonna be room for the first films entire cast as well, and somehow I doubt Steve spends his nights dreaming about Colonel Chester Phillips.

No thanx.

It would be ridiculous if virtually everyone from the first film appears in a flashbacks or turns out to still be alive. Don't forget this film features a whole new cast of characters who weren't in TFA- Fury, Hill, Widow, Falcon etc etc. There ain't gonna be room for the first films entire cast as well, and somehow I doubt Steve spends his nights dreaming about Colonel Chester Phillips.

Flashbacks don't need to be about what Steve is dreaming about or remembering; they can be story-driven, and point out how events and characters in Steve's past have a direct impact on the plot points in this movie.

They don't all need to be Steve's flashbacks. If older Peggy is telling Steve how she mourned him when he was presumed dead, it could flashback to a scene with her after communications went dead, and then how she coped with life after that. There could be a scene with TLJ comforting Peggy after the radio silence.

And I don't see the problem with multiple cast members from the first movie appearing in flashbacks. They are, after all, a flash back to that era and the people being remembered there who were around at the time. It would seem odd that no-one from that movie appears in the flashback at all.

I don't see a problem with TLJ appearing in a cameo. It's not like he's going to take up valuable screentime from all the other cast members. He's just there to add to the continuity of the scenes, especially if one were to take place directly after Steve went down.

Perhaps, but I don't want to see a geriatric Peggy.
We know she would have mourned him we don't need that explained to us.

But I don't think I'll have to worry about that one, as I doubt they would have re-cast Atwell if they were gonna do that. I know they could CG her face to look old but that never looks real enough. I predict the Peggy cameo will be WWII era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"