The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not suggesting that Hayley will play old Peggy. They might do it like Titanic where it was an older actress (Gloria Stuart) recounting her days when the ship went down and then it flashes back to Kate Winslet (or in this case, Atwell).

And yes, we know she mourned him, but I don't see why audiences wouldn't want to see exactly what happened. Otherwise why show anything if we all know that? We know that Steve took the SSS to become Cap, so maybe don't show that too then, or anything else if you adopt that reasoning.

Anybody else feel like Marvel's really dragging ass on this? I mean, don't they start filming in April (I think) and we have no villain or any idea if there's going to be a villain beyond WS and Crossbones. Maybe it's just my fanboy entitlement acting up.

Anybody else feel like Marvel's really dragging ass on this? I mean, don't they start filming in April (I think) and we have no villain or any idea if there's going to be a villain beyond WS and Crossbones. Maybe it's just my fanboy entitlement acting up.

we knew a long time ago that Arnim Zola was returning as the villain.

I must have overlooked that. So is that it then? Not a terrible choice with Winter Soldier and Crossbones I guess and I like Toby Jones.

Although isn't Crossbones normally the Red Skull's flunky?

Last edited:
We only know that Toby Jones is in it. There's been no confirmation that he's the villain. He might only show up in flashbacks.

For all we know, Sin is the villain and Emily VanCamp is playing her :D .

Just some news about gearing up:

Marvel is now looking to hire around 600 crew for the shoot in Cleveland (probably doubling for NYC again, like in Avengers; not officially yet, though):

http://fox8.com/2013/02/14/crew-needed-for-cleveland-movie-shoot/

No casting calls yet, though. Movie's supposed to shoot in early spring --- anywhere from April to June to begin.

Also, Evans appears to be starting to bulk up again to get back into fighting shape:

http://www.justjared.com/2013/02/14/chris-evans-minka-kelly-valentines-day-grocery-shopping/

Could be the photography, but Evans is looking pretty buff there.

Clearly STEROIDS :D .

Minka Kelly, you better not break his heart again like you did before and poor Derek Jeter!

Minka Kelly, you better not break his heart again like you did before and poor Derek Jeter!
Be nice if we could tell if he built up his legs a bit more since he looked real top heavy in TA, especially when in the modern uniform.

I'll have him...

I'll have him...

The line forms to the rear. :p

That Just Jared link has 20 photos of Chris and Minka grocery shopping. That's excessive. It must suck to have paparazzi snapping pictures of you when you're out running errands. No wonder stars sometimes get pissed and punch them.

Evans should carry his Cap shield with him all the time. Then he can shield himself from paparazzi photos. Of course, someone might think it's a set pic or that he's filming, but really it's just his means of privacy. :oldrazz:

We only know that Toby Jones is in it. There's been no confirmation that he's the villain. He might only show up in flashbacks.

It can't be a coincidence that Zola is the current Big Bad in Captain America's comic, though. Zola has been given a somewhat different design, a dimension of his own to rule and a female sidekick who looks like a throwback to the grand old Kirby days. All that gives me the feeling that they're prepping him for a bigger villainous role in the movie.

So Cap bulking up, nice so all you nay-sayers that complained that Evans wasn't bulky enough in Avengers will be thrilled (Although Evans was pretty big in Avengers to begin with.)
Rogers_Shield.jpg

Avengers_Rogers2.png

Last edited:
It can't be a coincidence that Zola is the current Big Bad in Captain America's comic, though. Zola has been given a somewhat different design, a dimension of his own to rule and a female sidekick who looks like a throwback to the grand old Kirby days. All that gives me the feeling that they're prepping him for a bigger villainous role in the movie.

That's totally possible, maybe even probable, but I was mostly pointing out to the other poster that he's not confirmed to be the main villain yet.

It CAN be a coincidence that Zola is the main villain in the Captain America book.

Like, the movie is over a year away, they're not gonna start tying it into the comics right now, if ever.

It CAN be a coincidence that Zola is the main villain in the Captain America book.

Like, the movie is over a year away, they're not gonna start tying it into the comics right now, if ever.

I wasn't implying that the current story is a direct tie-in to the movie because it obviously isn't. The stories are going to be completely different. However, Marvel is reintroducing Zola as a major villain in the comics universe at a time when he's scheduled to be involved in the MCU again in some way. The comics producers have stated in the past that some of what they do with the characters is dictated by the film branch of the business, which is now the dog wagging the (comics) tail. The comics could be raising Zola's profile and remodeling his robotic form in advance of his being used in TWS. Or it could be a coincidence, though I find it hard to believe that. We'll know eventually.

So Cap bulking up, nice so all you nay-sayers that complained that Evans wasn't bulky enough in Avengers will be thrilled (Although Evans was pretty big in Avengers to begin with.)
Rogers_Shield.jpg

Avengers_Rogers2.png
I think most were fine with his upper body, but his legs looked skinny when compared his upper body and the new suit didn't help either. I thought he could have looked a little more balanced. I'm used to seeing CA in the comics with thicker legs than what Evans had in TA.

I thought his legs looked fine and believe me I always examine Chris Evans body while watching his films.

Evans should carry his Cap shield with him all the time. Then he can shield himself from paparazzi photos. Of course, someone might think it's a set pic or that he's filming, but really it's just his means of privacy. :oldrazz:

That's awesome. I would if I was him... heck.. i do carry mine around a lot... lol

Evans simply needs more steroids and TRT to get the Cap physique :D .

I thought his legs looked fine and believe me I always examine Chris Evans body while watching his films.
I agree :oldrazz: I wasn't the biggest fan of the costume in Avengers though. They should change it back.

Evans' legs look mighty fine to me. And the rest of him is pretty good, too. :hrt:

tumblr_mgdkkudiCu1qdqqiao1_250.gif
tumblr_mgdkkudiCu1qdqqiao2_250.gif
tumblr_mgdkkudiCu1qdqqiao3_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"