The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^You trying to take away 50% of fanboydoms reason for breathing? :argh:

Bucky is the Winter Soldier.

Yes. I know that. But I don't see how you bring in Winter Soldier and not have him be a villain for part of the film (with a big bad watching over obv.) until Cap brings him back out of his brainwashing/programming, whatever you would like to call it.

^^You trying to take away 50% of fanboydoms reason for breathing? :argh:
Next up-- Marvel Studios' Movies and Nolan's Batman Movies can coexist without the quality of one impacting the other!

They recently announced that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau ( Jaime Lannister ) has joined the cast. I wonder who he is playing?

They recently announced that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau ( Jaime Lannister ) has joined the cast. I wonder who he is playing?
Just rumors at this point since nothing has been heard since his name first came up.

Still rumor, as WebfootHero said; but the rumor said that Coster-Waldau would be playing a European, and Josh Holloway would be playing an American.

Here's hoping that Nikolaj will be Zemo!

Part of me wants Daniel Craig if I'm quite honest.

I really hope Nikolaj is officially cast.

I remember a long time ago he was my pick for Thor. What a very different Thor I was imagining, lol. Still, it would be great to see him end up in the MCU after all.

Good luck in trying to get him for a Marvel movie.

He did Cowboys & Aliens (which was directed by Favreau), I don't think he'd think himself above the idea of an MCU film. The only obstacles would be finding the right part & scheduling.

He did Cowboys & Aliens (which was directed by Favreau), I don't think he'd think himself above the idea of an MCU film. The only obstacles would be finding the right part & scheduling.
That's what I was going for. They'd have to find the right part for him that's important enough to cast someone of his name recognition. Also, they'd have to make sure they can work around his Bond films and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo sequels.

Here's hoping that Nikolaj will be Zemo!

Me too. I don't give a monkey's hairy sack who plays him, I just want Zemo.

Masters of evil could very well be a possibility

The other site has news that Frank Grilo is possibly up for a role in TWS, based mainly off a Tweet he made. I don't know anything about him or the role but I'm thinking it's probably the ones being linked to Holloway, Durand, and Coster-Waldau.

Frank Grillo (The Grey, Gangster Squad, Zero Dark Thirty, Prison Break) is apparently auditioning for a role in CATWS. Josh W over at CBM reported this tweet from Grillo:

See Ya LA. It was a a good trip. Marvel was a lot of fun. Be cool if it works out. #CaptainAmerica
22 Oct 12

Dunno if that means he's trying for the same role that one of the other recently rumored actors is shooting for, or if this is a different character. Anyway, it's something. I don't know anything about Grillo at all, myself. :huh:

Now the reports are that he's basically all but confirmed to be playing CROSSBONES. Hopefully Nikolaj is Zemo.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Grillo, especially in Warrior and The Grey (OMG THE GREY PEOPLE!!)

He'd be a stunning Crossbones.

This is a stellar f'n cast.

Grillo was Joel Edgerton's trainer in Warrior and....one of the guys in The Grey lol. I think he was the hardass opposition to Liam Neeson's character.

Anyway he seems solid enough what little I've seen him but I can't say if he's Crossbones material.

I hope they go all-in with Crossbones' extreme racism, lol

I hope Cap looks like this in "The Winter Solider".
550198_539016099448300_1784025153_n.jpg

It's still the Avengers costume but re-tweeked a bit.

Something like that, but I'd hope the helmet looks like this rather than the chinstrap that everyone seems to want:
chris_evans_captain_america_concept_art_03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"