The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawkeye had a huge role in AOU by Whedon's own admission. I think that Joss wants to make it up to Renner for shafting him last time.

I've said it before if an Avenger has to die I'm hoping its Hawkeye. Such a boring character.

i think its because he was brainwashed in the movies.. comic hawkeye is generally a fun character who wise-cracks a lot

I can definitely agree with that. The only reason why I asked is that I would find it hard at times to buy that someone like Tony, who hates following someone else's lead or orders, would be capable of looking at Steve as a leader, or Thor for that matter, who's been an warrior prince for centuries..and don't get me started on the Hulk.

So for a person within the MCU to exist that could get these characters to follow his lead, it'd have to be one hell of a person.

My feelings on it....

Tony....who even though he had problems with his father, he highly respected him....mentions how his father spoke so highly of Cap over the years. He knows his father was right on many things...so that comes into play.

Thor....he wouldn't have followed Cap's lead if he was still the Thor from before his movie...but that movie was about him changing as a person, learning to really be a team player and listen to others with more experience.

Hulk....we find out in the AVENGERS movie he is no longer the rampaging mindless monster of the first two movies. Banner has learned to semi control hisself as well as now being able to think rationally with the memories of Banner. Banner would know of Cap, his reputation, and how Cap acted with him when they first met....so Hulk would know that working with him is the right thing to do.

i think its because he was brainwashed in the movies.. comic hawkeye is generally a fun character who wise-cracks a lot
I thought he was more like Ultimates 1 and 2 Hawkeye, who was a serious agent that occasionally cut a dry joke. Thank God Natasha isn't anything like Ultimate Widow though, at least yet.

If they turn her into Ultimate BW (first one) I might walk out of the theater. I did not care for Millar's adaptation of her.

That was just a stupid idea on Millar's part. Then again, ALL of his characters tend to be unlikeable *******s.

I'm not familiar with Ultimate BW what is so bad about her?

She murdered the human butler Jarvis and caused Hawkeye's wife and kids to murdered. And she betrayed the Ultimates by serving the Ultimate Universe's Masters of Evil, which consisted of Loki, Abomination, Crimson Dynamo, and others.

Hawkeye had a huge role in AOU by Whedon's own admission. I think that Joss wants to make it up to Renner for shafting him last time.

I hope that's all Whedon's talk means, but he does like to fatten the calf before slaughtering it. Before The Avengers, he was all over the place talking about how much he loved writing Agent Coulson's scenes and how he had a "man-crush" on Clark Gregg. That was the tip-off that Coulson was a goner. I suspect that the same fate will befall Hawkeye in AoU.

Even before he's brainwashed, Agent Barton stuck me in his interactions with Fury and Coulson as a composed professional who doesn't crack more wise than just about any other character.

I do love comics Hawkeye, though. I lament we'll never see the confrontational, almost father/son dynamic he has with Steve, as those character traits (and wisecracking) have been transplanted to Tony.

Hopefully, though, AOU will show more character to Clint. Perhaps the brainwashing has effects, as it apparently does on Selvig.

Matt Fraction's run on Hawkeye is amazing.:D

Yeah, I would love to see more 616 Hawkeye. Hopefully Joss will take some inspiration from Fraction's run.

Even before he's brainwashed, Agent Barton stuck me in his interactions with Fury and Coulson as a composed professional who doesn't crack more wise than just about any other character.

I do love comics Hawkeye, though. I lament we'll never see the confrontational, almost father/son dynamic he has with Steve, as those character traits (and wisecracking) have been transplanted to Tony.

Hopefully, though, AOU will show more character to Clint. Perhaps the brainwashing has effects, as it apparently does on Selvig.

They changed the MCU Hawkeye because with RDJ onboard as Stark, they can't have two characters wise-cracking at the same time. So Clint becomes the professional, straight-as-an-arrow kind of guy. I think if Whedon can write him to be more "interesting", then Renner will deliver because he's up to the task (just see The Hurt Locker as a reference).

Imagine if they turn him into Ultimates 3/Loeb Hawkeye?

"What? Wanda and Pietro may not be what they seem? I will KILL THEM before asking questions. Then threaten their dead bodies about killing them because my family is dead."

A Born Again-adaptation under the MCU banner could be brilliant.

Especially y get those great scenes:

images

images
:woot:

Will we see Falcon in Avengers 2? My though is this:

- I don't think we'll see him in Avengers 2, which is a shame. He would add to the team some much needed diversity. I do think that we'll see diversity in Avengers 3 with the possibility of Wasp (if she's played by Mixed race Rashida Jones), Black Panther and maybe even Falcon and Rhodey.

Then again, there could be big plans for Falcon in the MCU. It was curious that Marvel would use this movie to introduce a new SHIELD agent/super hero when they could have used Hawkeye, who is already a SHIELD agent. Hawkeye is nowhere to be found in this movie (or any movie since Avengers) and based on the trailer, it looks like Falcon has third billing behind Cap and BW.

It will be interesting to see if Falcon shows up in Age of Ultron. Right now, I would say no but who knows. If Marvel announces that Anthony Mackie is returning as Falcon for Age of Ultron it will be fantastic news.

Would it be cool though to have War Machine/Falcon going to Wakanda?

If anything, I'd like for Pym or Banner to go to Wakanda, to study the vibranium deposits.

Hey guys, just want to note: now that Thor 2 is out in several markets, NO UNTAGGED SPOILERS IN OTHER SECTIONS! We had an issue already with someone posting an untagged spoiler from the movie (outside of the Thor forum no less). Since Cap 2 is an MCU movie, I am making this note here. No untagged spoilers, or instant infraction (possible time off).

He had a more jokey/sarcastic-like personality in his Thor cameo. His "I'm starting to root for this guy" line got a laugh out of my audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"