Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Well-Known Member

I really feel The Russos were a good choice for this based on the footage, it seems they nailed it, and I think they got along better overall with Marvel, hell it was their vision for this project that got them the gig, also I will give them the credit regarding the elevator scene, they seem to be passionate about the action in this movie, using the Cap video game as an example of what they wanted to do.

2. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

I can tell Marvel is proud of how this movie is coming along. We've heard nothing about issues regarding the Russos and Marvel at odds, the script has been complimented by basically everyone, and prior to IM3, there was no 5 minute preview for Thor: The Dark World. Just the teaser. Opening weekend, Marvel made a point to give us something extra regarding this project. I think Marvel is very high on this one.

3. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

I really need to see this ****ing footage. :csad:

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

4. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

I agree completely

When I saw the original Thor footage, I was excited and thought it looked cool
    When I saw this trailer, My heart literally started palpitating (I should probably get that checked out, lol)

I really don't think I've been this excited for a movie since... I dunno, Maybe the first X-Men, cuz it was the first big Marvel film. Even Avengers, I knew it would be huge, and great, but I didn't have this level of involuntary physical reaction to it. I really do think this could shoot to the top of the MCU films

5. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Agreed, not to mention that their are some upcoming plot arcs in AGENTS OF SHIELD that is suppose to tie-in with events leading up to Winter Solider.

6. DN91

DN91 SSR Agent

Considering that TWS is supposed to be the film that has the most impact on Avengers: Age of Ultron, I can see all the extra effort and work in making TWS the best of the Phase Two films. (Nothing against either IM3 or T:TDW, as both are of the same quality that the Marvel Studios films are known for.)

7. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Cap's movement in combat in the elevator sequence give me strong hope that he'll be the super solider badass fighter that we saw in the cinematic cut scene for the game .

I want to see Cap move like this in the film.

Avengers he moved but one sequence was so brief , I want more

8. MysticRain

MysticRain Well-Known Member

The production of this movie has been publicly tension-free so far. Almost everything released have been positively well-received. I think many people are liking where the film is heading and Marvel/Disney probably do as well.

Also, when should we expect news of any reshoot? I just posted recent pics of Sebastian Stan in The Winter Soldier thread. His hair is pretty short now. I wonder if they are just going to put a wig on him for the reshoot.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  9. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

If they're going to do any reshoots, it'd probably be anytime between now and likely February, just to give them time to edit them in and incorporate any sound effects or score.

10. Just_Human

Just_Human Well-Known Member

Just saw the 5 minute preview

Well damn

11. T"Challa

T"Challa Well-Known Member

Seeing the trailer on the big screen..

[​IMG]

12. Just_Human

Just_Human Well-Known Member

Certainly looked like GSP at 4:19

13. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

what if Robert Redford is Cap's son?

14. Norrin Parker

Norrin Parker Majestor of the Shi'ar

No more 90 year old virgin jokes? I'm okay with that. :o

15. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

I enjoy Agents of SHIELD right now and it is getting better, but after seeing TWS trailer I won't mind them getting involved with the show. Whedon may not be pleased that the Russo Bros. are invading his series, however. :oldrazz:

16. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Who's the mother? And wouldn't that make him a fairly well-known celebrity, for just being "CAPTAIN AMERICA'S LOVE CHILD REVEALED!!!"?

I appreciate your subversive concept, especially since it'll drive the 90 Year Old Virgin fans bonkers, but I don't think it'll happen. That would constitute a major plot point, and we'd probably see at least hints of that in the trailers or set pics, of Pierce letting Cap know that he's the baby daddy.

17. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

I wish that the Russos would be brought in to consult on AOS ASAP. They could not only fix the tone of the show, making it more serious, consistent and badass, but also bring it in line with the way SHIELD is portrayed in TWS. The show needs to mirror/mesh with the film as much as possible. It also needs to stop being so damned juvenile.

19. Saitou Hajime

Saitou Hajime Well-Known Member

Just saw the 5 minute preview. That elevator fight was the **** and so will the rest of this movie. :up:

20. Brian Braddock

Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

So, yeah, I'm so jealous of the folk that have seen the footage that I'm greener the the Hulk right now.

21. MahvelBaby!

I gotta see that footage on the big screen.

22. Suzanne78

Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

I'm considering slipping into a 3D showing just to see the CATWS footage then going to a 2D Thor show.

But yeah, I need to see the footage in all of it's glory ASAP!!

The good thing is though that since they're making a big hay out of the elevator fight scene, it'll likely end up in the movie and not be edited out, or heavily edited at least.

23. MahvelBaby!

Is Imax 3d version of Thor getting the 5min preview?

24. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

So considering on how Thor:TDW ended with Thor...

Pretty much choosing to be on Earth (at least, for the time being), I wonder how they’ll explain why he’s not around helping Steve and company when the climactic events of WS comes about.

I can understand why Tony wouldn’t be around considering that he’d still be on sabbatical, and why Hulk isn’t around either but I would think that Thor would be a different issue since he can travel at a very fast speed with flight. And I’m pretty sure that SHIELD would definitely keep track on where Thor was staying on Earth, which would make it that much easier for Steve to go to him for help.

Any Thoughts?

25. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

My guess would be that TWS takes place before TDW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.