The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair... she says "SINCE THE CHARACTERS APPEARED" neither first appeared in Avengers...

it probably HAS been 2 years since IM2 (Natasha) and Cap made it into present time at the end of Cap
But yet she also says that it's "in real time". Avengers came out 2012. The Winter Soldier comes out 2014. If we're talking 'real time' there's the 2 years right there.

(also: According to the official marvel timeline, Cap being woken up is supposed to be one of the most recent events to occur in the films prior to the beginning of Avengers - I wouldn't put it at any more than *maybe* a couple months before)

Again, part of me wonders if this is a situation similar to Thor: The Dark World as I was hearing similar conflicting reports in regards to the timeline on that one as well. Some said it picked up right where Avengers left off, others said it took place a year later. In the end, both ended up being correct (with the Loki before Odin scene the pick up from Avengers and the rest of the movie taking place 1 year later)

But yet she also says that it's "in real time". Avengers came out 2012. The Winter Soldier comes out 2014. If we're talking 'real time' there's the 2 years right there.

(also: According to the official marvel timeline, Cap being woken up is supposed to be one of the most recent events to occur in the films prior to the beginning of Avengers - I wouldn't put it at any more than *maybe* a couple months before)

Again, part of me wonders if this is a situation similar to Thor: The Dark World as I was hearing similar conflicting reports in regards to the timeline on that one as well. Some said it picked up right where Avengers left off, others said it took place a year later. In the end, both ended up being correct (with the Loki before Odin scene the pick up from Avengers and the rest of the movie taking place 1 year later)

the timeline is all a mess right now... SHIELD is supposedly 6 months after Avengers... yet now is dealing with Thor, and people think IM3 has already happened

Everyone needs to realize that time can pass between the AOS missions. It's not like it's literally every week that a situation occurs. They could be months apart, making the first 7 episodes actually spaced out over a year, or 6 months or whatever.
EDIT: (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) Marvel Wiki Page: Earth-199999: http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-199999

Last edited:
I can see Thor employing a non-interference policy when it comes to humans battling each other.

Ew. Then that would make him the worst protector of Midgard ever. Loki even pointed that out in Avengers.

Agreed; plus, if SHIELD is in a position where it’s inner workings are being controlled by the wrong people who are using it for their own needs, considering that SHIELD is an worldwide organization that can affect how things go about on Earth, Thor would be a idiot not to get involved if he had a chance to help. What’s the point of being a protector if you allow the place that you’re supposed to protect to destroy itself?

Thor already explained his view of his role on Earth in The Avengers. He doesn't want to be the so-called king of Midgard, or to force humans to stop fighting each other. He is more of a cosmic champion, dedicated to protecting Earth from external/extraterrestrial threats and the occasional terrestrial menace capable of destroying the planet (e.g., Ultron). Therefore the internal battle within SHIELD's hierarchy would not concern him unless they involve something like the Tesseract which is powerful enough to pose a threat to the entire planet. Thor isn't going to [BLACKOUT]sit around Jane's apartment watching the BBC and looking for petty human conflicts to interfere in. That is not what he's on Earth for. [/BLACKOUT]

That is not to say that there is no possibility that Thor will cross paths with Steve Rogers, however. Both of the Chrises pitched the idea of appearing in each others' films while promoting TA. Evans has appeared in TDW, so it's not out of the question that Hemsworth will return the favor somehow.

Thor already explained his view of his role on Earth in The Avengers. He doesn't want to be the so-called king of Midgard, or to force humans to stop fighting each other. He is more of a cosmic champion, dedicated to protecting Earth from external/extraterrestrial threats and the occasional terrestrial menace capable of destroying the planet (e.g., Ultron). Therefore the internal battle within SHIELD's hierarchy would not concern him unless they involve something like the Tesseract which is powerful enough to pose a threat to the entire planet. Thor isn't going to [BLACKOUT]sit around Jane's apartment watching the BBC and looking for petty human conflicts to interfere in. That is not what he's on Earth for. [/BLACKOUT]

That is not to say that there is no possibility that Thor will cross paths with Steve Rogers, however. Both of the Chrises pitched the idea of appearing in each others' films while promoting TA. Evans has appeared in TDW, so it's not out of the question that Hemsworth will return the favor somehow.

Earth has had exactly one extraterrestrial attack, so I'm guessing he'll consider himself responsible for more than just that. I'm not saying he's going to play ref in any internal SHIELD fights, but I doubt he's going to stand by while a dictator abuses his countrymen, etc.

BjXydJi.gif

It very clear that although steven the captain has a very "lean" skinny look overall, what great is no dumb copy blue rip off costume

They actually listen to the correct claims of fans by noting unoriginal of c'est costume. Now it black. Darker. Dark knight inspired but still far original then early blue dumbs. The lean scrawny christoph evans look was noted then they pad the muscle padding in there to make look big and hefty like a real captain

Trailer look great. So happy for these community directors to not copy stupidly Navi

It very clear that although steven the captain has a very "lean" skinny look overall, what great is no dumb copy blue rip off costume

They actually listen to the correct claims of fans by noting unoriginal of c'est costume. Now it black. Darker. Dark knight inspired but still far original then early blue dumbs. The lean scrawny christoph evans look was noted then they pad the muscle padding in there to make look big and hefty like a real captain

Trailer look great. So happy for these community directors to not copy stupidly Navi
Too much blue indeed.

Ahh echo. <3

Steven Rodgers needs to eat cheeseburgrz

Also remember that the bifrost was destroyed and only recently repaired as of Thor 2.

Thor was only allowed to return to earth in Avengers to go after Loki and retrieve the Tesseract.

Sooo, since we know about the particular cameo in Thor, should we expect a similar cameo in CATWS? And, in what way do you all hypothesize?

Earth has had exactly one extraterrestrial attack, so I'm guessing he'll consider himself responsible for more than just that. I'm not saying he's going to play ref in any internal SHIELD fights, but I doubt he's going to stand by while a dictator abuses his countrymen, etc.

When has Thor ever played Earth's policeman/peacekeeper in the comics? As far as I can remember, he doesn't involve himself in human wars. There isn't any call for him to do so in the MCU, either.

Cap's new costume is blue. Bright blue.

tumblr_mw2a6cEkdF1shb0auo1_1280.jpg

You may go scream in the corner about "blue dumbs" now. :o

Yessssssss&#8230;.

Echostation is here. PAAAAAAARTAY!! :bow:

Everytime he posts, Chris eats another cheeseburger&#8230; or not. I guess that's the point. :woot:

Glad to see he liked the trailer. Very Dark Knight. I liiiiiiiike!! (we need a Borat smiley)

Sooo, since we know about the particular cameo in Thor, should we expect a similar cameo in CATWS? And, in what way do you all hypothesize?

Probably mid credits. And it may involve Cap and BW and possibly Fury going underground....so to speak.

Too bad we won't see the Howling Commandos in Flashback, even though we may see Peggy and Howard Stark in flashback.

Clint, since the poor sap has nothing else going on.

Though, back on the Avengers press tour, Hemsworth and Evans would often be interviewed together and talk about wanting to cameo in each others' movies. Now Evans has cameos in Thor, perhaps Hemsworth will be in CATWS. Don't know how Thor could get involved, though.

In a recent episode of SHIELD, it was alluded that Barton and Romanoff are still working together. Make of that what you will.

Echostation and his blue fixation rears it's ugly head again, eh? that guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you can smell crazy on him.

The cameo in TDW makes sense, considering that particular superpower set, and that it was a quasi-cameo instead of a real one. A cameo from Thor in TWS would be a lot harder to work in.

I hope this film gives us a good idea on what kind of ranking Captain Rogers has within the SHIELD organization and how his colleagues view of him.

I just find it weird at times that he's not one of the Avenger that people wouldn't reference a lot about within the SHIELD series considering that he's a part of that organization (for the time being) and you'd think someone of his reputation and exploits would be sent on a lot of high stake missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"