Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Man does that helmet look goofy.

2. DyeLorean

DyeLorean will return

Ha, yeah I know. Also, I don't think the suit looks exactly like that in the movie either.

3. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...er-soldier-headed-back-for-additional-filming

They're not going to shoot a bunch of extra crap and then cut the movie down to 85 minutes are they? This runtime business needs to stop.

4. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

Typically it's less for additional scenes and more for replacement scenes that work better than old ones or reshoots/pickups when they realize a certain scene doesn't cut well for whatever reason; I don't think that they shoot an extra half hour of the movie and then cut it out or anything.

5. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

They reshoot stuff on movies all the time. Haven't heard anything about runtime issues

6. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

Yeah the vast majority of the time reshoots are just reshoots. You only have to worry when another director besides the original one is involved in the reshoots.

7. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not worried about the reshoots, I know what those are for and nothing so far has given any indication of a problem with this particular film anyway but they do seem to be getting a little scissor happy in general, all the way back to TIH in fact.

It's not a trend I'm a big fan of when the films suffer as a result, and several of them have imo. And since they don't seem to be interested in taking my money for some directors or extended cuts all I'm left with is a bit of grousing about the situation on the internet.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  8. Loki882

I think that TDW has made some people skittish about "reshoots" and Marvel cutting out most of the interesting character stuff in order to have "better pacing." And then the pacing is still wonky.

9. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Marvel re shoots all of their movies and El Mayimbe has said that they sometimes bring in different directors for heavy dialogue scenes and such.

10. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Have to wonder if maybe they're shooting another mid-credits scene as well.

11. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

I know they like to do stuff on the fly now regarding Marvel flicks, like maybe some new revelation pops up and they want to implement it.

12. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

Maybe the Russo Brothers have seen the script to Age of Ultron and will shoot the end credits accordingly?

13. Suzanne78

Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

I've only heard about the probs with Thor and TIH. Were Marvel scissorhappy with their other movies? I totally say this as a fan of T:TDW too…

And that's actually a big problem in all of Hollywood. See the debacle with Weinsteins and Snowpiercer, which may be getting a reprieve after all. Hopefully.

14. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I was under the impression they shot more Loki footage for The Dark World based on movie Loki's insane popularity. And it was a smart move.

A lot of big tentpoles have additional shooting like this. Not necessarily a sign of anything good or bad. Even the Lord of the Rings trilogy had pickups and additional photography. Let's also not forget, they shot a ton of alternate sequences that never saw the light of day such as Arwen at Helm's Deep, Galadriel at Rivendell, Orcs chasing the Fellowship into Lothlorien, etc.

15. CapA4414

CapA4414 Member

I saw the Exclusive Clip of Captain America: The Winter Soldier when watching Thor: The Dark World in 3D! It showed a clip of *SPOILER ALERT* Cap taking down guys inside the elevator, which is little shown in the Teaser Trailer on YouTube, but then after they showed the clip, an edited version of the Teaser Trailer was shown, which either way looks good and even though the genre of the movie is a Political Thriller (even though the genre is something I'm not a fan of) but the movie looks good, I enjoyed the first movie, it was joyful and very patriotic, but in this one, The Winter Soldier is a whole new ballgame, its not World War 2 anymore, and Cap's having trouble adjusting to the real world, so its awesome to see the continuation of Captain America and his relationship with S.H.I.E.L.D.

16. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

El Maybe says a lot of crap, most of which you can ignore because it's bull****.

17. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Marvel does reshoots for every film and has extra money in the budget for them, as well as time allotted. Back when CATFA was in post some fans became alarmed when reshoots were announced because Marvel's way of doing things wasn't well known. Now it elicits mostly yawns (or it should).

On CATFA they were shooting the final scene in Times Square in March or April, as I recall. That really freaked people out since they assumed it signaled some Heaven's Gate-style disaster. All that happened was they left the final present day scene with Sam Jackson for last.

18. HunBoy

HunBoy Captain Hungary

Maybe we get a Pietro&Wanda cameo?

19. Dr. Evil

Anyone see how the Conan O'Brien show is making fun of this movie?

20. Loki882

You know, that's not a bad idea. Maybe have them appear in a mid/post-credit scene or something like that.

21. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I could easily see them hinting at Ultron as well, possibly being seen initially as a prototype robot/AI that SHIELD created during their buildup to becoming more aggressive in putting down threats.

22. Juicy J

Juicy J Well-Known Member

No what'd they do?

23. Dr. Evil

Basically showed clips from the 1970's Captain America TV movie, one of which has Christopher Lee.

[YT]mVJTjeq93Uo[/YT]

he did this two years ago with the First Avenger:

[YT]-g7LrA72jMg[/YT]

24. Suzanne78

Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

I would love this… possibly with something similar to how EMH introduced Ultron.

What if WS, having regained some of his memories about his past, maybe turns himself in at the end of CA:TWS in order to atone for his crimes. He and Steve have some sort of "reconciliation" while he's being held by SHIELD, in The Raft/Cube/Vault/etc…. and then they reveal that Ultron or Ultrons is/are guarding the prisoners, including Rumlow/Crossbones, Zola (?), Abomination/Blonsky, Hammer (?), Aldrich Killiam.

Total setup for AoU-Masters of Evil thing.

25. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I'd say if there's any cameos/post-credit scenes from the AoU cast they'll be shot next year when AoU is actually filming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.