Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ant-manic

Ant-manic Well-Known Member

could always go with 50s Cap to save money on casting. we'd get to hear Chris Evans throw around ethnic slurs for an hour.

2. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Not really, they could always just say that he was created when the government tried to use an inferior version of the SSS to make more super soldiers, and that the process drove him insane. They already kind of did that with Abomination in TIH.

3. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Yes, I don't understand that logic. Everyone dies in the comicverse at some stage.

4. Brian Braddock

Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

You know, I'd genuinely love to see a John Walker Captain America on screen at some point. I know I'm in the minority but I never got the hate for his Cap. Sure, I get that he was totally different from Steve but his justification for the massacre of the Watchdogs was beleivable and his dedication to serving the goverment was unwaivering, given that he then missed his parents funeral to go on a mission.

5. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

I'm not a fan of villains who are a dark reflection of the hero.

I'd like to see Madame Hydra in Cap3, myself.

6. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I think they've gone to that well once too often. It's as bad as making all of Stark's enemies armored.

7. Brian Braddock

Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

if thats a response to my post, i never really saw walker as a villain, to be fair. Just had different sensibilities to rogers.

but i will admit that im a sucker for the evil twin thing.

8. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

They've done it ONCE in the MCU so far, and in a different context. The two scenarios are not comparable at all.

9. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Red Skull is also an evil super soldier. I think doing it again would be repetitive.

Personally, I think Steve being dead in Cap 3 is a crappy idea. I hope that if he isn't in this movie, Red Skull comes back myself. I assume he probably will (likely building the stones angle and building toward A3).

10. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Because fanboys shouldn't write movies because they get fixated on moments as opposed to arcs/stories.

11. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

So when should we expect an advertising surge for this film? What were the patterns for IM3 and Thor2? I recall they had pretty similar formats in when promotional type stuff was released. I'm thinking maybe sometime in January we start getting some posters or something right? Super Bowl will probably be the first time we see something on TV?

I can't wait to see the general audience reaction to the trailers and tv spots and stuff. I think this has the most potential to grab the audience eye just because it looks so different from what Marvel has put out.

Not that I think that comic movies are getting stale to the public but I think this film will be a nice change, much less 'popcorn-y' and a bit more 'grounded' and very much a straight up Thriller. They could almost market it as a high action type thriller film that happens to revolve around a comic character. A nice switch up in my eyes compared to the other two phase 2 movies which were a throwback buddy cop style and a fantasy epic (both which I loved and have only heard good things from others that don't read comics either.) I love the variety these films are able to have while all still being part of the same universe.

I'm especially excited for this and GotG, this one because I wasn't the biggest fan of the first Cap but that's just because I don't much care for origin stories or period pieces. This one is looking to blow me away just on the concept alone an then how it's being called Avengers 1.5 so the universe connections and ramifications are icing on the cake. guardians has me excited for the whole weirdness of it and the space epic/opera of it. I've never much cared for sci-fi but the cast alone has me hooked as well as seeing the cosmic side of Marvel.

Okay, done ranting lol.

12. ThePowerCosmic

I want to see Zemo, Strucker, and Madame Hydra in Cap 3 with the return of Red Skull if they can fit him in as well.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I still say Red Skull is in this movie. If the ending of TDW has Loki on the Throne, the ending of IM3 has Trevor still alive and in jail, I'd say this movie will have a Red Skull reveal at the end. Probably have Crossbones (who's said to be in AoU) go somewhere and bow to the Skull, who gives him his Crossbones mask.

14. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I definitely don't rule out the possibility. I don't even rule out the possibility that Hugo Weaving's complaints about the character were all bluster and he's secretly filmed scenes for the movie.

But from a timeline standpoint, it's a lot harder to figure out. We know Skully went *somewhere* via the Cube, and we know damn well that, if they even remotely pay homage to the comics, he'll be back in modern times to reprise his role as Cap's archnemesis. But I just get the feeling that if/when they do bring him back, it's going to require a whole film to center around that return ---- how, why, where, what, the whole enchilada. Just having Redford pull off his "mask" to reveal he was Skully all along, or saving him for a post-credit stinger, is way too cheap and deus ex.

15. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

Death of Captain America != No more Steve Rogers /Chris Evans

Steve coming back is part of the story. Steve being a main character/active while he's dead is part of the story. Bucky Cap is inherently temporary. I wish you guys would stop discussing Death of Captain America as though it was a story where Cap doesn't come back, because it isn't.

The only truly classic story that hasn't been solidly run through is War & Rememberance, which has Steve potentially bidding for a presidential campaign and a very tragic end for the vampiric foe Baron Blood. Captain America 3: Steve Rogers: Vampire Hunter, basically.

An arguably classic story by Kirby is Bicentennial Battles, where Steve Rogers travels through time going through America's history. Would tie in great with the Time Gem. Of course, if Steve is lost in history, people might think he's dead. Man... wouldn't it be funny if there's another recent and popular story where Steve is traveling through time while people think he's dead?

16. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

I actually hope they use Nuke. If they make him a bit more serious, he could be really interesting. They could use him to show how everyone did something wrong in the Vietnam War (the government for even getting involved, the military for making it's soldiers do questionable things & the American public for not supporting the soldiers), compared to the black & white war that Steve came from.

I find the Vietnam War incredibly interesting, so I may be a bit bias.

17. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

I would use the Zemos for a villain. I might give him/them some aspects from Baron Blood though, including the grisly end.

18. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

:up: :up:

19. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

Interesting Idea.

20. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

But unless you start throwing anti-aging fixits around, a Namvet Nuke would be a white-haired government pensioner. If they bring the Nuke story in at all, it's almost certain that he'd be yet another Iraq/Afghanistan veteran.

21. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

The Middle East crisis is still divisive enough to make the same point

22. BullMcGiveny

I don't think Marvel is or will ever be interested in making a movie with that kind of political statement.

23. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

Meh....Iron Man 1 and 3 already teased those kinds of subjects

24. Endeavor

Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

IM1 touched on it

25. BullMcGiveny

Touch and tease is one thing, but to have the antagonist be a US serviceman and to address recent/ongoing conflicts beyond a backdrop is another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.