The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Winter Solider
2je4m5f.jpg

why does Buck have a glove on the metal hand, but not the real hand?

CHEIWW.png

:oldrazz:

*sees ignorant comments*
tumblr_inline_mqovff8j0W1qz4rgp.png

There's lots of things wrong with it. Firstly, it portrays her as a sex object who has been designed to appease men, rather than be a character in her own right. Secondly, it creates unrealistic expectations on how girls/women should look like. Some girl is going to see this poster and think that her waist should be the size of her breasts. I could go on... And the fact that she (and most other female comic book characters) is over sexualised in the comics DOES NOT make it okay. That's just another gigantic problem which needs to be fixed.
Of course, as always, I will get moaned at for pointing out blatant misogyny. But hey, this is a patriarchal community.
I'll just say you're overthinking it a bit much and being a little too PC. The constant cries of racism and sexism get old.

why does Buck have a glove on the metal hand, but not the real hand

Doesn't want to leave any metallic fingerprints behind. Then everyone will know who committed whatever crime he's involved in. Think man, think!!!!!!!1!!!

Suzanne, I'm sorry and I'm wrong for my tone.
And Bryn, I as much as I agree that men's bodies are unnecessarily shown, there's a huge difference.
Examples:
boob-armor.jpg

041212_the_hawkeye_initiative_5.jpg

Kevin-Bolks-parody-Avenge-007.jpg

The one above was parodying the fact that Widow's bum was sexualised in the poster.
Please, go on about how sexism does not exist within the cinema/comic/gaming industry.

Also found this on Tumblr, where a lot of people have the same problem with the poster as me:
tumblr_n089zsvy2G1qazhtho1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Now where are the posters for Falcon, WS, and Alexander Pierce? It's incomplete without those.

Now where are the posters for Falcon, WS, and Alexander Pierce? It's incomplete without those.

I'm hoping we get some later today or tomorrow after the SB spot sneak peek.

I mean, they can't not give us a WS poster, right?

The thing that's really exciting me about TWS is that all the interviews have suggested that there's been a lot of thought and care about Steve's personal journey in the film, where they're taking Cap, the internal conflicts he has, how the story impacts him. No matter that the movie is Captain America: The Winter Soldier, so obviously they're going to also focus on the villain, but the development of Steve Rogers seems to be absolutely central to the success of this movie. Which is kind of unusual, given that Steve Rogers doesn't necessarily "change" who he is - he remains noble, kind, heroic, etc…. basically the biggest boy scout since Superman.

Last edited:
It just a poster jeez guys, relax.:funny: It won't hurt the quality of the film will it?

Wow I saw nothing wrong with that widow poster before I read the comments... She looks drop dead gorgeous and dangerous, not over sexualized or any of the other things I'm seeing posted. But hey let's just put all our stars in baggy clothes so no one can complain about their bodies because I know I get soooo insecure when I see Chris Evans arms buldging out of his costume...

If people see a picture and feel bad about themselves that's on them, not the picture. Everyone is capable of making themselves look better or hey, how about this, feel comfortable in your own skin and don't let things you see in the outside world effect you.

It has not only destroyed the film, but threatens to pull out the fatal Jenga block in the tower that is civlization. :p

True beauty lies on what's on the inside and not what's on the outside. With that being said, ScarJo is beautiful! Damn! :hrt:

So I saw all the over-analysis of the paint job and colors on Cap's shield can finally be put to bed.

Still can't believe all the randomness that was discussed when we first got a glimpse via a movie poster with the chipped paint.

He might not have legs, but, he's [probably] getting more action in a month than I will get in a lifetime.

I can understand complaints about Black Widow being overly-sexualized, but I've always seen that as part of the character being the secret sometimes double-agent spy. Seduction is one of her many talents? I guess? The comics is where all the sexualization of the characters come from, I usually don't notice it though...but I can see how other people would notice it and be bothered by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"