The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Like the helmet a lot
And I was even gettin used to the chinstrap
but this picture shows perfectly why I hate it, it ruins his jawline, at least in profile

but hey, ears... soo, thumbs up

Someone must be able to photoshop that chinstrap out so we can get a look at the helmet and profile without it...

EDIT: In fact...extend the neck up under the helmet for more a cowl look, remove the silver stripes/flag and leave the star, color the dark blue vertical patches around the abdomen red, and of course lose the chinstrap...and I think we'd be looking at a damn perfect traditional Captain America suit.

Last edited:
I like the helmet and don't mind the chinstrap or the lack of cowl at all. The whole design really works. They should use this as the basis going forward imo.

The helmet, as a mixture from both First Avenger and Avengers, looks great for me. And the exposed ear makes much more sense for someone in the field.

Loving the Winter Soldier and shield pic! The Easter egg/reference of Winter Soldier becoming Captain America in the comics is always an awesome thing! And I like the darker Cap outfit, but I'm still unsure on whether I like the old outfit better than this one or not.

I like the helmet and don't mind the chinstrap or the lack of cowl at all. The whole design really works. They should use this as the basis going forward imo.

I'm not missing the cowl, and the chinstrap completely works. Much better than the approach in Avengers. Hopefully Joss doesn't revert to that design.

Its a minor miracle that they got the chinstrap to work. Personally I love it. Not just the helmet but the whole outfit. They nailed it IMO.

Still don't like the chinstrap helmet, but whatever. The ears are there this time at least.

The chinstrap helmet makes him feel like more of an actual soldier, which is what he is.

Last edited:
Agreed, the chinstrap makes practical sense. It explains how the helmet actually stays on his head, and actual soldiers wear chinstraps (Steve considers himself a soldier first and foremost).

If plausibility is your thing, it makes perfect in-world sense that he'd start using one with a strap. He lost the one in Avengers because Dave P. Chitauri pulled it off his head after all.

He's a superhero now though. It makes him look like a football player.

He's a superhero now though. It makes him look like a football player.

I don't get that, I get soldier when I look at him. Soldiers do still have helmets with chinstraps.

Yeah he's a superhero now, but he's still a soldier first and foremost. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

I don't like chinstraps for things like this. It ruins and clutters the aesthetics.

Look at your avatar. In Amazing Spider-Man they tried a weird very different costume. And it was a terrible costume. In the sequel they've gone back to the classic look. Meaning no more basketball leather print. No more stupid shoes. No stupid black lenses. It's a traditional costume now.

That's true, the ASM costume was terrible. I look at Spidey's new suit as an improvement over that one, akin to how I view Cap's new suit as an improvement over the Avengers one. I understand what you're saying, though.

This is what tradition got us

fsitEnU.jpg

It just looked weird and cheesy to me. I feel the chinstrap completes the look. That, and the helmet that fits closer to the top of his head so it doesn't have that penis look.

I'm realizing that I had a fair amount of forced goodwill towards the Avengers costume. It's not awful, but there are a few big aspects of it that always rubbed me the wrong way and they seem even more egregious to me now.

But it's all good, I just hope they stick with something closer to this going forward (the fabric and design, not the colors)

Also I think that's the first time I've ever used the word egregious in a sentence.

But even that's not the traditional look. They opted for etched in wings instead of 3D wings. They put on ear covers. The cowl/mask is an actual helmet instead of flexible material. Which is weird because when he takes it off its just a cloth piece with all the plastic missing. They took away the scales and added all those zippers.

Also, the back is not striped and has no back star. The concept art version and the figures had a version where the stripes went all the way around AND had the back star. To me that was a poor design aesthetic choice.

Yeah the lack of stripes and the star on the back was even more of an issue than the helmet for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"