Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]473071[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]472881[/split]

3. Suzanne78

Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

Yeah, I figured something like what you say could definitely be the case re. Pierce. I'd actually be totally okay
    if they bring back the Red Skull this way by having him possess Pierce who is really Lukin. It's canonical, after all. I do hope that they have Pierce retain this really creepy paternalistic vibe with WS that we saw hints of in this latest spot, while he also threatens to have people tortured, maimed and killed. They might give us a multidimensional Red Skull after all!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  4. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Well-Known Member

Wow Teekay nice to see someone else who holds IM3 to such high regard :) Though for me Avengers still #1(Until I see Cap 2 at least maybe that could change;))

5. Suzanne78

For me, the order of Marvel movies go:

The Avengers
    Captain America: TFA
    IM3
    IM1
    Thor: The Dark World
    Thor
    IM2
    Hulk <-- I still like these movies enough to watch them once a year, dodgy VFX and all.

For overall superhero movies:

The Avengers
    CA:TFA
    The Dark Knight
    Iron Man 3
    Iron Man 1
    Spider-Man

I hoping that both CA:TWS and GOTG crack my top 5!

I'm sure some will rag on me for putting CA:TFA so high, but it's seriously my favorite solo Avenger movie. Much Evans. So patriot. Much charm. Also&#8230; PEGGY CARTER!!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  6. EZIO619

EZIO619 Well-Known Member

Man i cant wait to see Cap any longer, the wait is excruciating !!, well atleast the Guardians Trailer on Tuesday should hold me over!!

First Film of 2014:The Lego Movie(hilarious, likable characters, creative and imaginative story, great message). Next Film: Robocop

7. Huddsy

Huddsy Well-Known Member

TFA is my favorite of the solo flicks too, Suzanne78.

8. Suzanne78

:woot:

It's as underrated as Skinny Steve Rogers himself! That's why I love it so much!

9. Ultron-5

Ultron-5 Well-Known Member

TFA is what got me into superhero movies in the first place and it is my favorite film in the MCU.

10. speno94

speno94 Well-Known Member

Obviously I can't guarantee anything, but I think Cap 2 will definitely be in the top 3 out of the MCU films. I can see it being Avengers > Iron Man > Cap 2 or Avengers > Cap 2 > Iron Man.

Everything with the production of this film just fit and they even want the Russo Brothers back for Cap 3 showing they have A LOT of faith in the film.

I do like Thor 2, but to be honest the more I watch it, it is one of the weaker ones like The Incredible Hulk or Iron Man 2 with the production problems that those films and Thor 2 had with the apparent arguments with Alan Taylor, director changes, composer changes, Edward Norton problems and the fact that Jon Favreau said that Marvel really directed Iron Man 2 instead of him and started throwing stuff in he really didn't want to use etc.

Like most people, i've been following Cap 2 for a while and everything with the production just seems to have gone smooth and no behinds the scenes drama and pretty much EVERYTHING I have seen from the film I have loved which is rare as with some films there are usually things I spot that could be problems, but not with Cap.

11. EZIO619

EZIO619 Well-Known Member

besides the story and themes in the film,on a pure fan level,i want to see the action scenes cause people have focused on them so much,i want to see Cap and Winter Soldier kick ass!!

12. Bearcules

Bearcules Well-Known Member

Flip IM3 and IM1 and this is my :yay:

13. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

Same here and I hope the TWS becomes my new #1. Good taste Suzanne.

14. Huddsy

Huddsy Well-Known Member

He said that? I'm surprised he's still around and not dead in some ditch somewhere.....

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

It was a great movie imo.:woot: This, is even better.:woot:

16. speno94

Directors and actors can speak there minds on what they thought about a production after the film has come out. Look at Sam Raimi with Spider-Man 3, he said that the studio wanted to throw Venom in when he didn't want to and look how that film came out.

Even Shia Labeouf pretty much destroys and pans every film he's made a couple of months after it comes out, but promotes and praises the hell out of it when it is about to come out, but that is an actor's job to sell the film. But to be honest most actors do retell bad experiences with directors or productions a couple of months after a film comes out.

But back to Iron Man 2, there where other problems as well with Mickey Rourke saying he had a bad experience and they cut half of his scenes out.

Also the script was also rushed because IM2 wasn't really on Marvel's plan, it was meant to be IM1, TIH, Thor, Cap, Avengers. But because Iron Man 1 did SO well and they had a gap, they quickly wanted to get a sequel out before Thor.

17. Huddsy

Huddsy Well-Known Member

Marvel has generally not been fond of any bad-talking about their films, and if it has been done, they almost never are brought back, yet Favreau has kept his ties as much as helping to produce The Avengers.

Just seems different.

18. speno94

Sorry, my mistake.... it was the screenwriter for IM2 Justin Theroux who said that about Marvel wanting to add stuff in that he struggled to write and fit like all the SHIELD stuff etc and he didn't end up coming back at Marvel.

I think at the time, Robert Downey Jr. recommended him because he wrote Tropic Thunder.

19. Huddsy

Huddsy Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh ok. Thanks for clarifying.

And it makes perfect sense. I don't hate IM2, I enjoy it as a MCU film, but it's obviously got warts. I really hope that Marvel learned their lessons with TIH and IM2.

20. Suzanne78

Yes! I love all this TFA love coming out of the woodwork! Such an underrated gem of an origin movie!

I like all the Marvel movies, but I feel deep unabiding love for the first four on my list. Here's hoping to make it five.

21. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

I was wondering what you were talking about. I would've remembered Favreau saying those things.

22. HunBoy

HunBoy Captain Hungary

Joe Russo about Sharon Carter:

So it looks as if Sharon will be a part of Marvel movie plans for a while.

23. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

Good, good.:palps:

24. speno94

I'm actually glad it will be just a 'soft introduction' because it will concentrate on bringing proper closure to the Peggy Carter relationship and Sharon won't be interfering to much in that storyline, but leaves room for sequels for a proper modern day team up with Falcon and Sharon Carter like in the comics.

It's like the same reason why they decided to cut out Mary Jane from TASM2 because she interfered to much with the Peter and Gwen romance, so they left her for the third one and it looks like they are doing the same with Sharon Carter.

25. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

We think alike. I´d swap TDK with TFA tho :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.