The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to @StitchKingdom twitter account (newsfeed and insider for Disney and subsidiaries) 136 mins. is official.

I agree that it's plenty of time.

Curious to see what got cut out. Hope it's not the Man out of Time scenes. I definately felt sympathy for Cap.:csad: They were handled great and people responded to them quite well. Very touching to say the least!

What would you guys rather have in phase 3? Cap 3, Guardians 2, Iron man 4, Planet hulk/hulk 2, or Black Panther. You can pick 2 answers but no more than 2.

Last edited:
Curious to see what got cut out. Hope it's not the Man out of Time scenes. I definately felt sympathy for Cap.:csad: They were handled great and people responded to them quite well. Very touching to say the least!

Heck, I thought the "Man out of Time Sequence" that Joss cut from "The Avengers" was great and emotional. So yeah, I'm hoping that if they filmed such scenes for this film that it's left in as well since there's no reason why they should cut it out again.

I just hope that Marvel Studios edited this film more wisely than they did "Thor: TDW".

Oh wow Tee! Sounds so good. Yeah, I hope they keep the Man out of Time stuff. Sounds like that's what Poni_Boy was talking about... ;)

Ughhhhhh WANT THIS MOVIE NOW!!!

If the official running time is 136 mins (2 hrs 16 mins) and Teekay said the screening was around 2hrs 15-20 mins though he is not sure, they probably cut about 5 minutes out.

I have a feeling there will be only a few deleted scenes with this film and not 15-30 mins like most MCU films because of the early buzz of the strong test screenings and Marvel really happy with the film and wanting the Russo brother back for Cap 3, I think they will keep most of the footage they filmed into the film unless they cut out what Teekay said some people thought dragged slightly.

Teekay, if you don't mind me asking, before you mentioned that you thought it was perfect, but some people thought some parts dragged a little, are those dialogue scenes or action scenes you think they are talking about?

I wonder if Steve will finally get to dance with peggy.

;__; I hope they haven't been drastically cut, too. Those kinds of scenes make up the heart of the movie.

If you feel you're allowed to comment on them at all, did you like the flashbacks? Would you say there was a satisfactory amount of flashback scenes overall? Lol I know Sebastian Stan was asked if there were flashbacks at comic con and he only nodded/smiled mysteriously and said, "Some. Some."

Yeah, same! It will really tie the two films together nicely. I'm really curious in seeing the old age make-up/CG for Peggy Carter (even though it surely can't be Weyland bad from Prometheus).

As for the dance, i hope Steve says something like “Remember when you came in in that red dress and said when this is all over, you might go dancing. Well…. the war is over now, even though I missed it... so how about that dance, but have the band play something slow, i’d hate to step on your foot"

I'm not good at dialogue, but something like like would be poignant and moving and will mirror some of the dialogue from the first Cap film.

What would you guys rather have in phase 3? Cap 3, Guardians 2, Iron man 4, Planet hulk/hulk 2, or Black Panther. You can pick 2 answers but no more than 2.

Iron Man 4 and Cap 3. Thor 3 if it was included. Didn't care for Ruffalo's Banner/Hulk. But if it was still Norton it'd be at the top of my wish-list.

I've been rereading Brubakers run and I've come to the conclusion that Cap's most distinctive and important superpower is the fact that he always without fail makes the right tactical move in battle. Every time. That's cool as bad place and I hope they emphasize this fact in the film (along with his overall fighting prowess of course).

Also his relentlessness in battle. He goes right at the target, drawing fire toward himself and away from both comrades and bystanders. I want to see this and based on the trailer we will.

We need another Hulk film. Then I'd pick Captain America since he's my favorite Avenger.

Since Ant-Man is definitely going to be part of it and I'm assuming Dr. Strange is practically a shoe-in I'll go with Black Panther and Guardians 2.

I think we should have a Guardians sequel before Avengers 3/Thanos to expand more on the cosmic side of things since that's obviously heavily tied to Thanos.

The 136 minute running time seems perfect to me, if it's true. Marvel must have been very pleased with the cut the Russos delivered to have trimmed so little.

Although I enjoy long movies if they are well-made, I don't think longer is necessarily better. There are as many films I can think of that would have been better with about half an hour of bloat trimmed off as there are films that could have used more time.

Last edited:

Cap: I'm not the one who's out of time
*Widow flies in with quinjet*
Widow: Teekay, drop the Smilies now!

I'm not sure if this has already been said but apparently the Russos have been hired by Marvel to direct the sequel as a result of impressive test screenings.

As I've said before, the only time we get the short runtimes is with trouble productions in general, with the exception of Iron Man 2. With the ones that run smoothly, 120+ minutes is the norm, and if Iron Man 3 and now TWS is any indication, I reckon we're branching out into 130+ minute territory.

As I've said before, the only time we get the short runtimes is with trouble productions in general, with the exception of Iron Man 2. With the ones that run smoothly, 120+ minutes is the norm, and if Iron Man 3 and now TWS is any indication, I reckon we're branching out into 130+ minute territory.

I fond IM2 highly pointless. Like, was that even necessary? I feel like we're one movie behind now...

I was surprised the Russos got rehired. Makes me feel better, but I reckon it also coincides with rumors I hear that this is know part 1.

Also, there's footage of Avengers 2 on the net.

I fond IM2 highly pointless. Like, was that even necessary? I feel like we're one movie behind now...

I was surprised the Russos got rehired. Makes me feel better, but I reckon it also coincides with rumors I hear that this is know part 1.

wut.

What kind of footage?

Same here; I was hoping it'd be an end credits scene, maybe a little moment for Steve to get some closure, but based on what we've heard about the after-credits scenes, I guess not. :csad:

I'm also hoping to see something along the lines of, "Not without you!" in a scene with Steve and Bucky. There're so many wonderful throwbacks they can do to CATFA, what with the whole past-meets-future aspect of all this, and I'm really excited to see what they come up with.

Probably one where the crew constructed destruction around an area but we don't know who did the damage.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It's only been 2 weeks since filming started. :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"