Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repulsor Blast

Repulsor Blast Walloping Websnappers

2 hr 16 minutes is awesome :up:

2. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Well-Known Member

Perfect! Even I'd that includes credits

3. Suzanne78

Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

4. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

How long do credits normally last?

5. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Thats a great run-time, it seems Marvel have learned their lesson from Thor: TDW and given this movie room to breath, hope they keep it up.

6. Suzanne78

It honestly might have a lot to do with the Russos and Feige being on the same page throughout development too. It seems that their visions aligned that I think production ran smoothly, they edited as they shot, and it seems that post-production rolled right along to make the final cut something fairly close to the rough cut with a little trimming here and there.

Yeah, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Russos were being groomed to succeed Whedon.

I skimmed the description of the 10 minute footage. I can say if it holds accurate, the humor seems to be very natural to the characters. Sam is really charming. (I think this is the page of the script that leaked last year.)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  7. SpocksBrain

SpocksBrain Internet Geek

The info out there is that the movie is 2 hours and 16 minutes (136 minutes), not 1:36. A one hour and 36 minutes run time would be terrible.

8. Stringer

Stringer CHAMPS AGAIN!

I suggested this in the Avengers forum and got a bombardment of negativity and doubt. It really seems like this may be the case though. The info in that link referred to the quality of the soundtrack as well. I can't wait to hear it.

9. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Well, no, since both movies were in production at the same time.

They just, hopefully, had a solid script to work from on this, which is what they didn't have for Thor 2.

People can talk all they want about editing or whatever else for Thor 2, but the problems all trickle down from a weaksauce script. Everything to do with the dark elves is very very stupid, keeping one or two of the deleted scenes that people liked doesn't fix that. If anything it slows the movie down, which gives people time to think about how ridiculous the elf stuff is. It's no wonder Marvel wanted the movie to just breeze by

What Thor 3 needs isn't a longer runtime or less humor or Thor moving differently or whatever other little complaint people want addressed. What it needs is a filmmaker with a vision for the film, who oversees the production from the word go. (Or filmmakers, as the case may be. :cwink:) Thor 2's problem wasn't its runtime, it was the four directors and half-dozen screenwriters who passed through before they finally settled.

If the right person makes an 80 minute film it'll be great. If the wrong person makes a 130 minute film it'll be terrible. Runtime is indicative of basically nothing.

And for what it's worth I'm not one of those people who hates Thor 2, it's an okay film. But it definitely has its problems

10. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

I would say they're just grooming the Russos to make a couple of great Cap movies. lol

11. Suzanne78

Do you mean the "succeeding Whedon" part? I think that could happen after A3. I doubt Marvel would want to let Whedon walk if A:AoU does gangbusters (likely it will). More likely, it would be Whedon who decides to not direct. From everything I'm hearing, it actually might be amazing to get an Avengers movie written by Whedon but directed by the Russos.

Y'all, my thirst for this movie is LIKE WHOA!!

12. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

5 weeks!

I'm trying to avoid any more spoilers before I head in, we'll see how that works out :funny:

13. Suzanne78

I lasted about five minutes before I scrolled through that slashfilm article.

NO REGRETS!!

14. Minxie

Minxie Well-Known Member

Saaaame. I have no self-control. :woot:

15. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

With Marvel Studio films? Scenes include, upwards of 10 mins.

16. Stringer

Stringer CHAMPS AGAIN!

Yes, I think the Russo's are on deck should anything go wrong with Whedon for any future Avengers movies.

17. rashad

rashad Hype Board Junkie

That is a solid runtime for any comic book movie. I'm very happy with this news.

18. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

I always get that sort of thing wrong. :woot: But 90+ minutes works for some films. Men In Black was just 98 minutes long and it was a great film. Green Lantern was 114 minutes and every second of it was excruciating.

19. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I read it right away after finding the link and no regrets. I can honestly say that reading or seeing spoilers doesn't affect my movie-going experience once so ever.

20. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Hmmm...Fandango lists it at 2hr 8min...same for IMDB

I hope the 2hr 16min runtime is true :up: :cap:

21. xeno000

Most spoilers don't bother me, either. Knowing spoilers isn't the same as having seen the film already.

22. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Yeah spoilers never bother me or ruin the film for me. It's still awesome to see it play out and happen. Even cool to know what's gonna happen, you get excited to see it.:yay:

23. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

I like the idea of using Batroc as an opening villain before the story really starts. The way they're using Batroc is basically how they're going to use Strucker in AOU I'm guessing.

Well without credits it probably is 2hr 8min.

I think they're already on their way to addressing this too btw. This time they clearly have a story in mnd they want to tell going in (Ragnarok) which I don't think they had with Thor 2, they'er also streamlining the script this time by giving the responsibilities to only Craig Kyle and Chris Yost, two guys who love Thor, have history writing his comics, and will want to make the best possible script they can with all the love for the character in it. I have more confidence in them finding a director that matches their vision for the film this time, because I don't believe Thor 2 had a cohesive vision to begin with. The subject matter is going to be far better than both previous Thor movies, and it should have just as strong if not better creative process as Thor 1. I'm expecting Thor 3 to finally put out a Thor movie worth more than just a fun trip.

24. First Avenger

First Avenger Well-Known Member

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves TDW :(
    Anyway,great running time.

25. xeno000

I liked parts of TDW but it was nearly ruined by bad writing. The Dark Elves were woefully underdeveloped, which made them really weak villains. Darcy and her little friend needed to be cut out and the Warriors Three & Sif used in their place. The whole film was a series of missteps and missed opportunities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.