The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Cap 3 supporting cast goes, I'm hoping to see more of Crossbones and the MCU's Madam Hydra, perhaps known simply as Ophelia Sarkisiaan.

As far as good guys go, I'm in disagreement with you all. I question the need, really. It's a solo movie, or supposed to be.

Less is more, as far as I'm concerned. As in, I hope Black Widow gets a solo so Sharon will get a chance.

If she can take Bucky with her, even better. Have Cap3 be all Steve, Sharon and Sam, all the time.

Bucky is definitely going to be in CA3. Marvel is not going to toss out a great antihero like him after just one appearance. Keeping him on would be wise, like continuing to use Loki was.

I think it would be great if Natasha came back because she and Steve have a rapport now. Sam is Steve's main partner, though, so ideally we'll see the two of them going on missions together and hanging out as bros in their down time. They have such a great friendship in the comics that I'm happy Marvel has decided to include Sam in the MCU. For a while I feared they wouldn't use the Falcon but I'm happy to have been wrong about that.

Wow, this thread seems to be moving pretty fast compared to when I was last here. So is the premiere tonight or tomorow? I heard it was the 14th, but someone told me it was tonight.

I wasn't even intending to go see this at IMAX but it looks so good I might be tempted.

Man for some reason tonight I got really hyped over Falcon :p I just read a few tweets and the one that said this could be Mackie's "breakout role" (which isn't true as that happened awhile ago) definitely means a lot. I was scared that Falcon would be another Angel from The Last Stand disaster, but he might turn out to be one of the most badass sidekicks that nobody ever heard of.

Here's how I see it:

Iron Man - breakout of MCU
Loki - breakout of Thor
Hulk - breakout of Avengers
Falcon - breakout of Cap 2

And I HOPE

Quicksilver - The new Nightcrawler/Hulk breakout of Avengers 2

Yea Wanda is a better character than Quicksilver. I'm excited to see how both are used though. Haven't really seen a "speedster" done well on the big screen before.

And am I the only one who wants to eventually see Taskmaster? One of my favourite villains/anti-villains. Would make for a great "dragon" in the third Cap movie.

I would love to see TaskMaster! Would Sony not own him though as he's also a Spider-Man villain (even thpugh hes been against pretty much every hero)

Bucky is definitely going to be in CA3. Marvel is not going to toss out a great antihero like him after just one appearance. Keeping him on would be wise, like continuing to use Loki was.

I think it would be great if Natasha came back because she and Steve have a rapport now. Sam is Steve's main partner, though, so ideally we'll see the two of them going on missions together and hanging out as bros in their down time. They have such a great friendship in the comics that I'm happy Marvel has decided to include Sam in the MCU. For a while I feared they wouldn't use the Falcon but I'm happy to have been wrong about that.

So for your Cap 3, you want:

Falcon
WS
BW

But how about Sharon? Didn't they said she will have a bigger role in the next Cap movie? And should Hawkeye be sidelined again?

I would love to see TaskMaster! Would Sony not own him though as he's also a Spider-Man villain (even thpugh hes been against pretty much every hero)

I'd say he's more an Avengers villain than anything else. Or maybe even a Deadpool villain, moreso than Spidey.

I don't doubt that he'll be back, and I did posit that he'd join Black Widow in her movie, if it happens.

Poor Hawkeye. The forgotten Avenger it seems like since the next time we'll see him again is in Age of Ultron. I hope he does show up in Cap 3. Hell, he's my choice for a role in Black Panther should that film be made and they want to go the "let's find a way to bring white audiences in" route (forget Everett Ross. Clint Barton is the way to go).

Hawkeye and the Twins would be good. Better than US Agent or Isaiah Bradley.

:csad:

After reading this post [and recalling other posts made by differing posters, over time] I can only conclude that I'm the only guy who

a) actually likes Jon Walker/USAgent.

b) wants to see him on-screen.

It seem some good and then commenting large negatice in kashthis name. I look really rewars to find why this man american captain so relevamt. Will be interesting film in viewingership.

I hope steven mcrogers also do falcon role and falcon also do captain america role to add diversity
tumblr_inline_mn76foSzjJ1qz4rgp.gif

And once again, echo makes my brain just hurt

Wow, this thread seems to be moving pretty fast compared to when I was last here. So is the premiere tonight or tomorow? I heard it was the 14th, but someone told me it was tonight.

I wasn't even intending to go see this at IMAX but it looks so good I might be tempted.
Yeah, it's tonight, you should be able to follow it live at http://marvel.com/capworldpremiere#0-969637 (about 12 hours to go, I believe, and apparently they'll be showing an exclusive clip following the live stream?)

These so called screenings people have seen of TWS, can someone explain them to me? I don´t get what it is exactly. So in other words what are they, when are they usually, why are they, how can you take part of them and how many here approx. have seen such a screening? Thx in advance :)

Press screenings. Have to be a critic for a major site/publication.

Hey guys, I've been looking for those manips of Cap's all-blue SHIELD suit which were modified, adding the red strips etc.

Can't find them in any of the threads :( If anyone has them, I'd appreciate it.

I'm not as in to the comics so I don't know if they can or not but they should bring back Hugo Weaving as red skull, dudes an awesome actor.

Hugo Weaving hated doing CA so he's not coming back ever.

Hugo Weaving hated doing CA so he's not coming back ever.

Unless he signed a contract in the beginning to do more than one film, then he will be forced to come back ala Natalie Portman.

He didn't sign a multi-picture deal. He won't come back, he really did despise making that film. Don't blame him tbh. Spending 6 hours in make-up for a thinly written role like that would piss me off too.

He didn't sign a multi-picture deal. He won't come back, he really did despise making that film. Don't blame him tbh. Spending 6 hours in make-up for a thinly written role like that would piss me off too.
A great actor would have taken the poorly written role and would have done great things with it. Since Elronds performance as Skull was pretty lackluster I just hope they recast him like other week parts of the MCU before.

He hated it, and he was STILL excellent. Pity he won't return. But the Russos seem to be legit, perhaps they could craft him a much deeper and nuanced role as the Red Skull. If they could woo Redford, surely they can snag Weaving as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"