Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 18

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

You guys do realize there is an episode of Agents of SHIELD that takes place right after Thor 2 and shows the team cleaning up the the site of the climax?

2. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

Plus if the next episode is any indication:

That one takes place right before the start of the Winter Soldier.

3. Saitou Hajime

Saitou Hajime Well-Known Member

The climactic battle in TWS is how The Avenger's second act should've been crafted.

4. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

So I've heard from many. Heck, Whedon was reported to have been very impressed with the final act for "Iron Man 3" in regards to the Iron Legion taking on the Extremis soldiers, to the point where he supposedly said to Feige that it placed some pressure on him to make sure that his final act for Avengers 2 lives up and surpasses that quality.

5. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

Scar Jo on Craig Ferguson now

6. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

I wonder what is Whedon's reaction to TWS's final act then; from what I've heard TWS' final act >>> IM3's final act.

7. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Most likely this..

[​IMG]

8. Saitou Hajime

Saitou Hajime Well-Known Member

I love how [blackout]Fury's death[/blackout] helps set this mood where anyone can die when up against the Winter Soldier. I swear you could hear a pin drop on the floor when [blackout]Winter Soldier stalks Black Widow[/blackout].

Edit: Sorry, my bad.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  9. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

ineffective use of BBCode.

10. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

You need to fix your tag as it looks like you tried combining a blackout with a spoiler.

11. Drz

Drz Real Hero

HAHAHAHA, WHAT? That was an god awful horrendous cgi extravaganza.

12. The Endless

The Endless WE are Groot

The CGI was used in a creative way though. I liked the ending of IM3. Especially the H2H fighting between Stark and Killian. Great choreography and creativity.

13. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

I didn't see any horrendous CGI extravaganza at the end of Iron Man 3. I thought it was all very impressive myself. Iron Man 3's action scenes were handled very well in my opinion.

14. Drz

Drz Real Hero

The only hand to hand fight i can remember is Pepper Pots somehow learning Kung Fu thru the Extremis.

Honestly Iron Man 3 was a piece of crap, Captain America 2 makes people wish IM3 had been as serious, imagen an Iron Man movie with the real Mandarin as the villain, not Adrian Killian or Trevor Slattery. It would had been soooo good.

15. The Endless

The Endless WE are Groot

IM3 was great. It was about time Marvel gave a director freedom to do whatever they wanted. And Shane Black came out with a great action comedy with a streak of satire that had a really good character arc for Tony Stark.

All i ever see is people complain about the Mandarin thing. No one really comes up with valid criticisms of the film as a film. They just talk about what they wanted it to be. They don't actually talk about the film subjectively. That isn't critiquing a film... that's whining like a little ***** lol.

16. Drz

Drz Real Hero

The reason people complain about it, is because the trailers downright lie to you for the sake of the twist, but Adrian Killian has no real motivation outside of petty greed. It's the same problem with Thor 2 how the plot resolves around the magic item, Loki is the only character with a personal motivation.

Luckily, Captain America 2 gives us great villains, good characters and development, something i want from my movies, not bland humor.

IM3 with great action? Lol where?

17. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

That fight was incredible. The way Killian moved, his strength and speed, was very impressive. Shane Black came up with a credible foe who posed a real threat for Iron Man. Killian wasn't wearing armor and he didn't crumple after a two-minute fight, both of which were things people complained about after Iron Man and Iron Man 2. There was real menace to Killian's powers and he could have easily killed Stark, which wasn't something I felt in the previous films.

18. The Endless

The Endless WE are Groot

No... people complain about it because it did something different with the Mandarin and crapped all over the Marvel formula. They finally give us something different, something that isn't another retread... yet people still complain. Bizarre.

haha Killian has no motivation outside of petty greed? Wrong. His motivation is more along the lines of revenge. He wants to prove himself Tony Stark's equal if not superior. He wants to have Stark work for him. And he's given a good reason to hate Tony Stark. Stark, back when he was a *****e bag, before he had his epiphany, treated Killian like **** just because he was disabled. Then it comes back to bite him on the ass.

IM3 was full of great action scenes in my opinion. It showed us that Tony Stark is the hero, not Iron Man.

19. The Endless

The Endless WE are Groot

Yea, it actually gave us something different. It gave us something people were clamouring for. And it's pretty much the only Marvel movie where there was actual tension and a sense of danger. All the other films you can't see the hero losing. But like you say, Killian was a credible threat.

20. Drz

Drz Real Hero

Noone cares about a loser villain with a disability who becomes a *****é loser with super powers, at the end of the day, he's still a petty loser.

The real Mandarin is still out there, even Marvel has acknowledged this, i want to see him in a movie.

21. The Endless

The Endless WE are Groot

Considering he's recognised by non butt hurt fanboys as Marvels best villain apart from Loki, you're incorrect again. It's fine to have an opinion, but don't presume you are correct when in actual fact, the people *****ing about Mandarin are a very small minority of people.

22. Drz

Drz Real Hero

Hhahaha.

Did you just say i am wrong, because a lot of people feel different?

Are you saying Mcdonalds is a great food chain? Are you saying Transformers are master pieces?

I don't care what the world thinks, i don't see how anyone can think Iron Man 3 is nothing more than a weird cult-like movie, but you know what? You enjoy your Iron Man 3, i'll go see Captain America 2 again, now thats a movie.

23. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

I liked Iron Man 3 but I actually think that your complaints about Killian's vagueness are fair. I disagree about the action scenes, I thought they were better handled than The Avengers action scenes.

I actually agree about The Dark World complaints as well. The Dark World was a troubled production and it showed on screen. I really hope Marvel allows the director of the 3rd film more freedom and pushes Thor back into the forefront. Loki is a fun character but the films are named Thor.

Nice to hear that Captain America 2 is awesome, I can't wait to see it.

24. The Endless

The Endless WE are Groot

No i said you're wrong that people think Killian is a crap villain. You and a very small but vocal minority do. Mainly because you can't get over the fact that they deviated from the source material.

But whatevers :D

25. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Sometimes I wonder if Iron Man 3 ran over people's dogs, killed off their WOW characters, stole their high school sweetheart or something. It's like that movie personally ruined some fans' lives. Not that I mind. I find the hate hilarious. :lmao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.