The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should go without saying.

She's not unrealistically attractive, since even in the movies, all SHIELD women are hot. That would just make her average since they would know no different.

Yeah that's my point. All the SHIELD women are unrealistically attractive for government agents.

It'd be a huge disservice if they made her a civilian.

I don't mean civilian...Maybe a cop? An FBI trainee? A marine? That kinda stuff. It seems like all the women in the MCU have to be a part of SHIELD in order to have any value.

One last thing, Robert Redford was cast last week as a high ranking government official. I was told today that Redford’s character is named Pierce.

Alexander Goodwin Pierce?

1112377-pierce_12_017_super.jpg
Interesting tidbit, Alexander Pierce was in Fox's 1998 film Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD. Given Pierce's history in the comics and the report that his role would be similar to Finnes' in 007, I can definitely see Fury going into hiding during the film or something like that and Redford taking over while he's gone...weird they wouldn't just use Maria Hill for that though.

Just saying with all these characters on the table, we are going to need a 2 hour 25 minute movie like Avengers.

Now we have:

Captain America
The Falcon
Black Widow
Cap's Love Interest (Emily VanCamp)
Bucky/Winter Soldier
Nick Fury
Batroc
Crossbones
SHIELD General (Robert Redford)
Main Villain

I mean that's a lot of characters who will need a significant amount of screentime. Granted some more than others. Falcon needs a whole formal introduction. Bucky/Winter Soldier will be a big driving part of the story. Plus any romantic subplots, potential conflict/tension with Cap and Fury, etc.

You don't get Robert Redford if he signs for the movie for a small role. It would have to be comparable to Tommy Lee Jones or Stanley Tucci in the first movie.
I don't think you're taking into account how the character will be used in the film. Cap, Carter, Falcon, and Widow will probably make up a strike team. Fury, Redford, and Hill will head the operation at SHIELD HQ. Crossbones and Batroc don't have to be much more than mercenaries, especially Batroc. And then half of the characters listed there can tie-in to Winter Soldier. This cast is easily manageable.

GSP being in this movie is awesome, especially if they need a martial artist to do a few fight scenes.

They didn't cast someone French actually. GSP is French Canadian.

[YT]_f_i589lwCg[/YT]

DISNEY WILL OVERDUB THAT!
I know he's French Canadian, but the Canadian part is irrelevant to the issue we're discussing, so pointing that out doesn't matter.

Also, Marvel didn't dub over Mickey Rourke's heavy Russian accent, which was actually PUT ON. He could have held back on the accent if Marvel wanted him to, seeing as how he's American, but instead they left the accent in tact because they wanted it that way. I doubt they'll dub GSP who's actually more understandable than Whiplash was in Iron Man 2.

I know he's French Canadian, but the Canadian part is irrelevant to the issue we're discussing, so pointing that out doesn't matter.

Also, Marvel didn't dub over Mickey Rourke's heavy Russian accent, which was actually PUT ON. He could have held back on the accent if Marvel wanted him to, seeing as how he's American, but instead they left the accent in tact because they wanted it that way. I doubt they'll dub GSP who's actually more understandable than Whiplash was in Iron Man 2.
I don't see any need to dub over GSP since his French-accented English is still pretty understandable.

I think GBK will just speak in french, and they'll put subtitles so we can understand. Why should it be that Batroc even necessarily needs to know any English? He's just a henchman in here and probably will only have a few small scenes with very little dialogue. It's not like he's Batroc the Speaker.

They didn't cast someone French actually. GSP is French Canadian.

[YT]_f_i589lwCg[/YT]

DISNEY WILL OVERDUB THAT!

They aren't going to dub him over, he's perfectly intelligible.

They wouldn't hire him if they were just going to dub him anyway, they'd just get someone else. Why hire 2 when you can hire 1?

I think GBK will just speak in french, and they'll put subtitles so we can understand. Why should it be that Batroc even necessarily needs to know any English? He's just a henchman in here and probably will only have a few small scenes with very little dialogue. It's not like he's Batroc the Speaker.
I'd be fine with that.

Well for one thing he knows English in the comics. Second, it makes sense for a mercenary or hired gun to know multiple languages. Finally, Marvel just doesn't do that.

Yet he's been dubbed in all his movie roles so far ;) .

He won't have to be dubbed since he will just stay silent or speak French.

FYI, The Russian never spoke at all in the Punisher movie.

So? Marvel hasn't dubbed anybody in their films so far so why should he be any different? Whiplash in Iron Man 2, Black Widow's Russian adversary in The Avengers, all of the Germans in the first Cap movie, Hogun in Thor, etc...

Why would they cast someone who speaks French/has a French accent to play a French character and not have him talk?

Why is it so hard for you to grasp that maybe Marvel cast him to speak undubbed english with his natural French accent?

So? Marvel hasn't dubbed anybody in their films so far so why should he be any different? Whiplash in Iron Man 2, Black Widow's Russian adversary in The Avengers, all of the Germans in the first Cap movie, Hogun in Thor, etc...

He'll be dubbed or have no English speaking lines.

GSP isn't an actor. He's an MMA fighter. All the people you are mentioning are bi-lingual trained actors.

Why would they cast someone who speaks French/has a French accent to play a French character and not have him talk?

Because he's an MMA fighter who has never been in a big movie like this with no acting background or training. And he's got a weird accented speaking voice.

Also characters like this tend not to talk in movies like this. How many lines did Cyril Rafaelli actually have in Live Free or Die Hard?

I don't mean civilian...Maybe a cop? An FBI trainee? A marine? That kinda stuff. It seems like all the women in the MCU have to be a part of SHIELD in order to have any value.

Yeah, maybe. Perhaps an MI-6 agent.

Interesting tidbit, Alexander Pierce was in Fox's 1998 film Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD. Given Pierce's history in the comics and the report that his role would be similar to Finnes' in 007, I can definitely see Fury going into hiding during the film or something like that and Redford taking over while he's gone...weird they wouldn't just use Maria Hill for that though.

I don't think you're taking into account how the character will be used in the film. Cap, Carter, Falcon, and Widow will probably make up a strike team. Fury, Redford, and Hill will head the operation at SHIELD HQ. Crossbones and Batroc don't have to be much more than mercenaries, especially Batroc. And then half of the characters listed there can tie-in to Winter Soldier. This cast is easily manageable.

That's still a lot of characters to deal with and establish in one film.

He won't have to be dubbed since he will just stay silent or speak French.

You don't know that for sure. I, for one, think that they can have him speak English and French. And his English is perfectly understandable, so he has no reason to be dubbed in Cap 2.

GSP isn't an actor. He's an MMA fighter. All the people you are mentioning are bi-lingual trained actors.

Because he's an MMA fighter who has never been in a big movie like this with no acting background or training. And he's got a weird accented speaking voice.

Also characters like this tend not to talk in movies like this. How many lines did Cyril Rafaelli actually have in Live Free or Die Hard?

And no one is saying he'll have a large speaking role. If he has a few lines in English, that's no problem.

You don't need to be a great actor to play a role like Batroc. He's a skilled fighter, which is what the role really needs. Not to mention that French accent.

Dude, your argument just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"