Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultimatehero

Ultimatehero Life is infinite

And that's why his costume works. The goggles is how we see him in the beginning, then a little ways into the film is when we get the second concept art of them fighting in the streets. So it's not New Goblin to look New Goblin it was a question of -- what is the coolest way we can almost cover this guy up completely? A Snake Eyes take seems like it would be too far, while here the balance seems to work especially if they go for the long hair thing. Looking at the synopsis of this film on IMDB, part of me hopes that they leave the reveal majorily for the screen and in the trailers just make him out to be possibly anyone behind that mask that's a threat (if possible). Sebastian Stan isn't that big of a name yet either where you'd need to promote him as one of the main stars of it. Like what they did with the wicked witch - people online "got it," but when I took my parents and friends they didn't. If they can find a way to work that mystery into it, I think those coming in not knowing that will have an additional fun time at theaters when they find out.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter, no one will be in their costumes for long anyway ;) .

3. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Totally fine with him "looking like New Goblin" because (a) Raimi's Spider-Man is obviously in no way canon and (b) I don't like Spider-Man 3 even a little.

I think the face mask is great. In the comics the mystery around WS was merely because he looked so much different than Bucky (older with longer hair) any of that shock and awe would be lost on the GA if they just had Sebastian Stan play both characters with no drastic physical changes.

EDIT: oh lol its all been said. :p mask and goggles ftw.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  4. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

I'm digging everything, including the facemask. I agree that Falcon should have some red in his outfit though, instead of the generic black.

5. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Niiiiice.
    I'd also like to see some red (or crimson, or maroon, whatever) in the costume as well....some stripes and/or stylized falcon imagery reminiscent of the original design.

The *only* audience members who won't know that Winter Soldier is actually Bucky when they walk into this movie are people who never even saw the first movie or read a Cap comic in their life. i.e.: Nobody.

Winter Soldier's identity is not going to be a secret to anybody in the audience. We ALL know it's Bucky; that's the whole point. The story is about Steve Rogers' past coming back to haunt him in many different ways, not about a poorly-kept secret in some plot twist that was telegraphed literally *years* ago.

6. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

I'm really curious to see what Falcon can do. If he's going to be in Avengers 2 he better fly faster than Iron Man and Thor because otherwise he becomes redundant.

7. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, but can they flap their wings? Huh, huh? :o

Plus, Sam has a burd. Everybody vants their burd.

8. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

This makes no sense. First of all, if you think no one will see this movie who didnt see the first movie you are wrong. Second, if you think no one will see this movie who has never read Cap in their life, you are also wrong. Third, other than those reading the opening credits who know Sebastian Stan by name (assuming he is even listed in any opening credits) why would anyone expect Bucky is back? Unless the trailers make it obvious (which could go either way) but I doubt they will.

FINALLY, as the guy said, the mystery is not just for the audience, but for CAP. Cap will be the one who is shocked and THAT is something the audience MUST experience. The facemask makes perfect sense.

EDIT: My father is the perfect example of this. Never read a comic in his life. Has literally NO idea Bucky could still be alive. He fell ****ing hundreds of feet off a train going 90 mph. Who in their right mind would expect him to have survived that? And yet he loved the movie and when he sees the sequel I can't wait to see his face.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  9. ThePowerCosmic

I don't know how he's going to fly faster than Iron Man with those wings, but we'll see.

10. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

o_O

Hm... The sheer physics involved with man-powered winged flight reaching mach speeds. idk how to respond.

11. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Why would he have to fly faster? Does he not possess an entirely different skill set and role? Is he defined by flying and nothing else? Come on.

12. MysticRain

MysticRain Well-Known Member

It will depend on how they market the film. I think they'll reveal Bucky as the Winter Soldier in the trailers (maybe not in the teasers). Seeing Cap's reaction and how Bucky becomes TWS will be big enough selling points of the film, no need to conceal his identity to the audience, imo.

13. ThePowerCosmic

NO. Only defined by his flying. Don't even give him any dialogue in the movie. I better never see his f**king feet touch the ground either, or I'm walking straight out.

14. JB-the-Hunter

That's the question I'm asking. You tell me. What does he bring to the table that The Avengers don't already have?

15. ThePowerCosmic

Welp, he's Black. There's something.

16. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

He's presumably a highly-trained Shield agent with unique gear. I haven't seen any other Shield guys that can fly. What do Thor and Stark have to do with it? They aren't Shield agents and won't be in Cap 2. He isn't competing for screentime against them. Has he been confirmed for Avengers 2? Did we complain that Cap wasn't as strong as Hulk and worry about what he brought to the table despite being the 4th strongest guy on the team?

17. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I can't say he'll be MORE of a threat than Agents Barton or Romanoff...

But yeah. He is black.

18. ThePowerCosmic

I think most think he'll be in TA2 because he'll be a member on the new Avengers Assemble.

19. ThePowerCosmic

My boy Hawkeye could shoot Falcon's ass straight out of the sky. :hehe:

20. JB-the-Hunter

I was talking solely about Avengers 2, not this movie. I said IF Falcon ends up being a member of the team, hopefully he'll excel at something the other characters don't. Because even the characters who didn't have much going for them power wise still had something to offer in other areas that would be lacking otherwise (Leadership, Stealth, Marksmanship). Falcon brings flying to the table, and unless he's the best at it, what the point?

21. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

lol. We aren't talking friendly fire. Or maybe itd be a Rock Paper Scissors situation between the shield agents that double as Avengers. Hawk, Falcon, Widow

22. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I understand your concern JB. But to be honest, by this logic The Hulk should be the only Avenger.

23. ThePowerCosmic

So I guess Widow is valuable because she brings dat ass to the team.

No, not stealth. Dat ass.

24. T"Challa

T"Challa Well-Known Member

I highly doubt Marvel does this but in the comics, Falcon has the ability to see through the eyes of multiple birds. He can literally search an entire city in a matter of minutes because of this..lol. That would definitely be something new even though i'm not sure how the hell they'd make that work cinematically.

And it would be cool to have a little diversity in the Avengers. Lets be honest, it was a pretty white-washed film

25. ThePowerCosmic

:pal: White washed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.