Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

I don't think that at all. What I think is that every Avenger should have at least one thing they excel at above the rest of the team, unless they're just really powerful to make up for their lack of "individuality" skill-wise.

Because even with auto aiming, Hawkeye is still better at it. Not to mention the fact that he has prefect vision. His name isn't Purple Arrow or Projectile Man, it's HawkEYE. He had to tell Iron Man how to get rid of the strays chasing him. How would auto aiming help him that scenario?

Because she's a master at stealth and gaining valuable information. She was able to spy on Tony Stark in Iron Man 2 to gain info on him without him even knowing it. At the beginning of The Avengers she had the Russian guy thinking he had her cornered and in reality she was playing him so hard that she didn't even bother finishing the job, she just kicked their russian asses and left. She also was able to trick the God of trickery into letting her in on his plan.

Can any of the other Avengers do those things that Clintasha were able to do in the film? Not at all.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  2. ThePowerCosmic

Personally, I'm really anticipating Hank's eventual debut in the MCU.

3. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

oh. In that case... Wilson is black.

4. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

8/10 .

5. ThePowerCosmic

Now that is something I can be proud of. :woot:

6. JB-the-Hunter

[​IMG]

7. JB-the-Hunter

And I'm sure Ms. Captain Marvel could prove to be a giant asset to the team if used properly... if you know what I mean.

8. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I thought Ant-Man wasp retty much guaranteed to be in Avengers 2. Now who knows?

9. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

That's not right at all. Most people haven't read a Captain America book in their life, and a lot of people saw the Avengers but might have not bothered with the origin movies.

It will probably be spoiled by the trailers.

10. BullMcGiveny

Regarding what Falcon could bring to the team. As they seem to be taking cues from the Ultimates incarnation, he could bring more to the table than flying.

Chiefly, ultimate Sam is a scientist. At one point he modifies the wings so they can make him invisible.

He also doesn't give a ****, and manages to take down Colossus by holding a gun right against his eye.

It'd also be cool if Sam used the wings in combat. Like a swan.

11. ThePowerCosmic

I thought so too. A little cameo goes a long way. His role will grow more in Ant-Man.

That movie's going to be a hit... it's going to beat a lot of other movies that year. Get it? Because Hank is abusive. :yay:

By the way, loved the Wasp pun.

Oh, I definitely know what you mean. Her titz.

12. JB-the-Hunter

No I meant her powers and fighting skills. These internet pervs man... :o

Speaking of Ms. Marvel, you'd think she'd be one of the first characters on the list to introduce in Avengers 2. It even seems like the comics were setting her up for a movie appearance. Wonder how they'll handle her.

13. ThePowerCosmic

[​IMG]

Oh, you. I walked right into that one.

Ms. Marvel is a good question... and the team does need more females as well. Maybe she'll play a part in GOTG, then be Ms. Marvel in time for TA2. That's going to be tricky...

14. BullMcGiveny

I'm guessing Cap at some point finds himself against SHIELD and has to fight them. Maybe SHIELD has a kill-on-sight order against the Winter Soldier and Cap has to defend his frenenmy, so he has to take down the SHIELD pilot non-lethally.

Or maybe it's Crossbones in the pilot seat.

15. ThePowerCosmic

Ah, yes. Like a delicate Swan, gliding across the battlefield with such ballerina-esque grace.

But seriously, all of what you said sounds great. That and the bird camera thing sounds ideal for Falcon.

16. JB-the-Hunter

Swans use their wings in combat? Swans fight?

[​IMG]

17. ThePowerCosmic

lmao! That swan in combat thing got me too.

It would be cool for Falcon to use his wings in combat, just don't compare it to a Swan.

18. BullMcGiveny

Is swan the wrong one? What is it then?

19. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

Widow is a flying spy?

20. James_Smith

James_Smith Well-Known Member

No, you were right. Swans' wings are ridiculously strong (and not only that, if you annoy them they'll come after you like a pit bull).

Skip to 0.18 in this video and you'll see how they attack with their wings (although in this case it's just a warning blow) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYL7wCBybEs

21. James_Smith

James_Smith Well-Known Member

Why? Swans are badass! I mean, they're sadistic pscyhopaths too... but still badass.

22. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

[​IMG]

23. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

Found this: http://www.motorbiketimes.com/news/...bike-to-star-in-superhero-movie-$21382172.htm
    "Marvel's Batman" flub notwithstanding, this seems to be legit. What do you guys think? A new bike for Cap? For Hydra soldiers? Since this is a UK-based company, maybe a GOTG-related vehicle or something for Avengers 2?

24. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

It will be spoiled by the trailers....and by the posters....and by the promo interviews, and the premieres, and by all the geeks walking in the theater saying, "So, is Bucky supposed to be The Winter Soldier, or New Goblin in this movie? I forget which."

Seriously. Anybody who believes that TWS' identity is supposed to be kept "secret" from the audience can feel free to buy some oceanfront property from me in Arizona. Worst kept secret EVARRRRRRR

As for what Falc brings to the table, other than racial diversity:

I think there's a good chance that they'll bring the bird telepathy in. In more recent times, the "telepathy" is a tech item, not a superpower, and it's part of Falc's Wakandan-built harness (which also gives him IR vision, a state-of-the-art comm suite, and other nifty spygear). And Redbird was always a major part of his 616 identity, so that'd be nifty for old-school fans (like me).

And don't second-rate Falc's flying skills to the other fliers in the Avengers. They fly *faster,* but Sam flies *better.* His aerobatic skills are rated the highest on the team, and he has been shown to outmaneuver fliers like Iron Man and Thor on more than one occasion.

25. Ultra Nolanite

Ultra Nolanite Well-Known Member

A swan'll kick your ass. Have you seen those necks ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.