The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to think that because one Avenger has one skill, no other Avenger with that skill should be allowed on the team.
I don't think that at all. What I think is that every Avenger should have at least one thing they excel at above the rest of the team, unless they're just really powerful to make up for their lack of "individuality" skill-wise.

Iron Man has projectiles (and auto-targeting no less) so why do we need Hawkeye?
Because even with auto aiming, Hawkeye is still better at it. Not to mention the fact that he has prefect vision. His name isn't Purple Arrow or Projectile Man, it's HawkEYE. He had to tell Iron Man how to get rid of the strays chasing him. How would auto aiming help him that scenario?

Captain America has unparalleled fighting skills, probably better than BW, so why do we need her? Dat ash?
Because she's a master at stealth and gaining valuable information. She was able to spy on Tony Stark in Iron Man 2 to gain info on him without him even knowing it. At the beginning of The Avengers she had the Russian guy thinking he had her cornered and in reality she was playing him so hard that she didn't even bother finishing the job, she just kicked their russian asses and left. She also was able to trick the God of trickery into letting her in on his plan.

Can any of the other Avengers do those things that Clintasha were able to do in the film? Not at all.

Last edited:
I don't think that at all. What I think is that every Avenger should have at least one thing they excel at above the rest of the team, unless they're just really powerful to make up for their lack of "individuality" skill-wise.

Because even with auto aiming, Hawkeye is still better at it. Not to mention the fact that he has prefect vision. His name isn't Purple Arrow or Projectile Man, it's HawkEYE. He had to tell Iron Man how to get rid of the strays chasing him. How would auto aiming help him that scenario?

Because she's a master at stealth and gaining valuable information. She was able to spy on Tony Stark in Iron Man 2 to gain info on him without him even knowing it. At the beginning of The Avengers she had the Russian guy thinking he had her cornered and in reality she was playing him so hard that she didn't even bother finishing the job, she just kicked their russian asses and left. She also was able to trick the God of trickery into letting her in on his plan.

Can any of the other Avengers do those things that Clintasha were able to do in the film? Not at all.

oh. In that case... Wilson is black.

oh. In that case... Wilson is black.

35k292.jpg

I'm sure Ant-Man could prove to be a giant asset to the team if used properly. Tee-hee.
And I'm sure Ms. Captain Marvel could prove to be a giant ashet to the team if used properly... if you know what I mean.

The *only* audience members who won't know that Winter Soldier is actually Bucky when they walk into this movie are people who never even saw the first movie or read a Cap comic in their life. i.e.: Nobody.

That's not right at all. Most people haven't read a Captain America book in their life, and a lot of people saw the Avengers but might have not bothered with the origin movies.

It will probably be spoiled by the trailers.

Regarding what Falcon could bring to the team. As they seem to be taking cues from the Ultimates incarnation, he could bring more to the table than flying.

Chiefly, ultimate Sam is a scientist. At one point he modifies the wings so they can make him invisible.

He also doesn't give a ****, and manages to take down Colossus by holding a gun right against his eye.

It'd also be cool if Sam used the wings in combat. Like a swan.

I thought Ant-Man wasp retty much guaranteed to be in Avengers 2. Now who knows?

I thought so too. A little cameo goes a long way. His role will grow more in Ant-Man.

That movie's going to be a hit... it's going to beat a lot of other movies that year. Get it? Because Hank is abusive. :yay:

By the way, loved the Wasp pun.

And I'm sure Ms. Captain Marvel could prove to be a giant ashet to the team if used properly... if you know what I mean.

Oh, I definitely know what you mean. Her titz.

Oh, I definitely know what you mean. Her titz.

No I meant her powers and fighting skills. These internet pervs man... :o

Speaking of Ms. Marvel, you'd think she'd be one of the first characters on the list to introduce in Avengers 2. It even seems like the comics were setting her up for a movie appearance. Wonder how they'll handle her.

tumblr_mas4joOv3j1rvthma.gif

Oh, you. I walked right into that one.

Ms. Marvel is a good question... and the team does need more females as well. Maybe she'll play a part in GOTG, then be Ms. Marvel in time for TA2. That's going to be tricky...

This looks like it should be a cool action sequence but I wonder why Cap is going up against the Quinjet.

I'm guessing Cap at some point finds himself against SHIELD and has to fight them. Maybe SHIELD has a kill-on-sight order against the Winter Soldier and Cap has to defend his frenenmy, so he has to take down the SHIELD pilot non-lethally.

Or maybe it's Crossbones in the pilot seat.

Regarding what Falcon could bring to the team. As they seem to be taking cues from the Ultimates incarnation, he could bring more to the table than flying.

Chiefly, ultimate Sam is a scientist. At one point he modifies the wings so they can make him invisible.

He also doesn't give a ****, and manages to take down Colossus by holding a gun right against his eye.

It'd also be cool if Sam used the wings in combat. Like a swan.

Ah, yes. Like a delicate Swan, gliding across the battlefield with such ballerina-esque grace.

But seriously, all of what you said sounds great. That and the bird camera thing sounds ideal for Falcon.

lmao! That swan in combat thing got me too.

It would be cool for Falcon to use his wings in combat, just don't compare it to a Swan.

Yeah, that's what Black Widow is on the team for. What can Falcon do that the other members can't? Or a more fair question would be, what does Falcons excel at more than any other member of The Avengers?

Widow is a flying spy?

Found this: http://www.motorbiketimes.com/news/...bike-to-star-in-superhero-movie-$21382172.htm
Motorcycle manufacturers across the UK have been put on high alert after Marvel stated that it is searching for a "futuristic" looking electric bike to be used in an upcoming film. The comic book movie makers have contacted the Motorcycle Industry Association (MCIA) and explained that the bike will be used in a major production that will be shot in England in an imaginary 2045.
Officials explained that Marvel did not give any specifics in terms of numbers needed but only said that it would be requiring more than one.
For companies and manufacturers that would be suitable and welcome the chance to be involved should contact, picture vehicle coordinator Ian Clark via the MCIA press office.
Marvel's Batman series has spawned some of the highest grossing films in a generation, with both The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises featuring Christian Bale using a modified motorbike known as the Batpod (pictured).
"Marvel's Batman" flub notwithstanding, this seems to be legit. What do you guys think? A new bike for Cap? For Hydra soldiers? Since this is a UK-based company, maybe a GOTG-related vehicle or something for Avengers 2?

That's not right at all. Most people haven't read a Captain America book in their life, and a lot of people saw the Avengers but might have not bothered with the origin movies.

It will probably be spoiled by the trailers.

It will be spoiled by the trailers....and by the posters....and by the promo interviews, and the premieres, and by all the geeks walking in the theater saying, "So, is Bucky supposed to be The Winter Soldier, or New Goblin in this movie? I forget which."

Seriously. Anybody who believes that TWS' identity is supposed to be kept "secret" from the audience can feel free to buy some oceanfront property from me in Arizona. Worst kept secret EVARRRRRRR

As for what Falc brings to the table, other than racial diversity:

I think there's a good chance that they'll bring the bird telepathy in. In more recent times, the "telepathy" is a tech item, not a superpower, and it's part of Falc's Wakandan-built harness (which also gives him IR vision, a state-of-the-art comm suite, and other nifty spygear). And Redbird was always a major part of his 616 identity, so that'd be nifty for old-school fans (like me).

And don't second-rate Falc's flying skills to the other fliers in the Avengers. They fly *faster,* but Sam flies *better.* His aerobatic skills are rated the highest on the team, and he has been shown to outmaneuver fliers like Iron Man and Thor on more than one occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"