Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DN91

DN91 SSR Agent

Perhaps he's wearing the "spy suit" under the jacket.

2. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Hope we get a new cap suit as I wasn't feeling the Avengers one.

Strange they aren't going with Zemo or Von Strucker as a head villain.
    I don't think Hawkeye is showing up any phase 2 films other than the Avengers sequel like the Hulk.

It would be cool if Hawkeye was in Ant-Man or something. Renner's character is probably the least developed Avenger so far.

3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Arnim Zola is probably the villain.

Unless there is like a politician disguised as a villain or the Red Skull.

4. OB12

OB12 Well-Known Member

That would be a pretty big disappointment if Zola was the main villain.

5. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

The main villain is the Winter Soldier. That said, I don't think Zola will be the string puller. It'll probably be someone either being set up for the next film or someone who won't be revealed until much later.

6. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Tails again!

With everything we've heard, though I would like to see Zemo, if Zola or Pierce, or some political thillery combination of the two are the "main" villian then I wouldn't mind. My main focus in terms of who Cap is facing in this is Bucky, The WINTER SOLDIER. Who ever is pulling the strings doesn't become that big a deal, because ultimately is about that story, not what the "main" villian is up to. In the Winter Soldier story arc the "main" villians were Red Skull, and Alexander Lukin, and really while their motivations drove the plot forward, I didn't really care what either was up to, because it was essentially a means to point Winter Solider in Cap's direction and have that story play out.
    Cap doesn't "defeat" the main villians persay, his real victory in that story line was freeing Bucky's mind

7. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Tails again!

haha, and of course I waited too long and Hunter ^ basically said what I did in fewer words

8. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I'm sort of conflicted on the concept of Zola as a main villain. I don't think anyone really expected Zola to be anything more than a side-villain. I think most think of people like Red Skull or one of the Baron's when thinking of Cap villains. Toby Jones is a good actor, but I have trouble picturing his Zola (even turned into a robot) as the main villain.

9. BatsDC

BatsDC Side-Kicker

Did we ever find out what role Nikolaj Coster Waldau and Josh Holloway were up for? That could be Zemo, I suppose

10. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

It could have been Batroc, but I doubt they'd lose out to GSP, it wasn't Crossbones because it was a foreign role they were up for. It could very much so be Zemo.

11. OB12

OB12 Well-Known Member

Basically this. Sure Winter Soldier will be Cap's main adversary but I don't get how Zola could be the mastermind given the way he was portrayed in TFA. I mean I like the character he played but he was not nearly ruthless enough to be someone I could picture pulling off some elaborate scheme.

12. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Like I've said before, maybe Zemo will turn up in a Thanos-like role at the end of The Avengers, where there wasn't a known star cast but just a fill in. Maybe Zemo won't be unmasked but will just be this shadowy figure who will be behind everything, giving them time later on to cast a proper actor in the role.

13. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

Nice shot, cool of them to take a set pic for the fans so early. The synopsis sounds good too, I'm interested in how big of a role Widow will have in this one.

14. DN91

DN91 SSR Agent

Judging by the little synopsis they've released today, I'd assume she has a major role.

15. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

She will probably end up being Bucky's love interest ;) .

16. Son of Coul

:doh: Dumb phrasing on my part. When I read the synopsis it just intrigued me that she had second billing and such a seemingly integral role, so I meant to express that I'm interested how that'll play out.

I was under the impression VanCamp would take up that kind of role so I was a little surprised to see her billed so low as merely "Agent 13".

It'll be nice to see one of these movies with a male and female lead where they treat them only as partners/friends and don't draw out sexual tension or anything. Unless they go in a different direction of course.

17. DN91

DN91 SSR Agent

Referring to EvC's character as "Agent 13" leads me to believe that they're going to keep her relations to Peggy a close secret.

18. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

Just because Zemo's not mentioned in the press release doesn't mean he won't be in the film. His presence may be intended as a secret for the majority of the story for all we know. No sign of who Holloway and Coster-Waldau could have been up for, which has me suspicious.

At any rate, the main draw for me in this was always Cap vs. The Winter Soldier. Whoever turns out to be pulling the strings in the background is of much less concern to me, as I'm confident we'll be seeing Zemo front-and-center in the next one regardless.

19. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

Cap got an official picture before Thor? kinda unexpected lol.

20. Son of Coul

Could be. I thought it was interesting that conversely, they openly stated that Bucky is the Winter Soldier in the listing.

21. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

I'm pretty certain The Dark World has at least one, if not two.

22. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

They're not calling her Sharon Carter in the press release because, in the comics, Agent 13 was a mysterious figure who we didn't know who the heck was. I'm assuming they're keeping this element in the film, by having her as an undercover operative.

Also, I'm guessing the main conflict in the film will be stopping Winter Soldier from carrying out an assassination on a prominent politician or stopping a terrorist attack. So they don't need Zemo or Strucker at the forefront for that. They could reveal they were behind it all at the end...which I think someone brought up a couple days ago.

No, there really aren't any.

23. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

Let's be real, his identity will likely also be on full-display in the trailer, since it's probably the main emotional hook of the story. There was no way they were gonna try to keep it a secret.

24. Son of Coul

True that, it'll be front and center in the promotional materials; I just wonder if they'll try to play it like a surprise in the context of the actual movie.

25. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

pretty sure all we have for T:TDW is outside set pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.