Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Shield of the True North

She's a blonde(ish) woman playing Agent 13, described as Steve's love interest. That's Sharon. There's no reason whatsoever to split those characters for the sake of confusing a few fans on the internet. EVC is playing Sharon Carter.

2. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

Yes. But Sharon Carter might not be much of a role at all.

3. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

Natalie Dormer went to the Captain America premiere because she was actually in the film. Like Ty Simpkins and Ashley Hamilton went to the Iron Man 3 premiere. Going to the premiere of a film you're not in is a completely different story. All of the MCU actors at the Iron Man 3 premiere who were not actually in Iron Man 3 were all people in prominent roles.

Robert Redford was cast even later than that.

Why are people so stuck on the press release?

4. ThePowerCosmic

As his love interest, I think she will have a substantial role.

5. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and the main villain of GotG still haven't been cast with only 2 months left to go until shooting begins. Does that mean they're minor characters?

6. DN91

DN91 SSR Agent

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they go through a substantial search for a female lead of the film (not Black Widow, mind you), even going through several candidates before van Camp was cast?

7. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

They went through quite a few actresses and auditions before deciding on van Camp. Marvel wouldn't have done an extensive search like that if they didn't plan on using her substantially.

8. BullMcGiveny

Fair enough, but Neal MacDonough went to the Iron Man 3 premiere, and Dum-Dum Dugan was certainly a minor role.

Fair enough, but it's Robert Redford. It is a casting coup. Not to mention we don't know if that itself a large role.

Not to mention that as Agent 13 is a physical role, one believes. She'd need more time to prep.

Because you're supposed to? Also, it comes straight from Marvel, so...

I can understand her being listed behind Mackie, Stan, Johansson, Jackson, maybe even Smudlers. But when she's listed behind St-Pierre? yep, don't think we'll see much of her.

9. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I don't think EVC needs much prep time for the physical stuff in the movie since Revenge already has her doing some physical stunts and action. It may not be on par with the action in a Marvel movie, but she's not exactly too far behind.

As for her listing, I really leaning towards Marvel is holding back on how much she's a part of this movie and the franchise's future. They may be use her quite a bit in her right away or will introduce her, get her a little bit of action, and go full-bore with her in future movies.

10. CaptainCanada

They wouldn't have spent so much time trying to cast this role if it wasn't significant.

11. BullMcGiveny

EVC was on none of those lists.

And of those actresses that were on the list, three said they had never heard of the project.

Admittedly, two said they couldn't comment.

It's all a bit peculiar, but if you ask me? I find it hard to believe that Marvel was doing an exhaustive, months-long search for Sharon Carter -which isn't really a huge character in the Marvel universe and really, there's a lot of actresses who could play her- and cast her quite late in pre-production, only to mention her on the press-release as an afterthought.

Or maybe all those rumored actresses were bunk. Someone's sources were just very misinformed. And a couple of months before shooting, they cast an actress to play a bit part.

12. CaptainCanada

She's playing Steve's love interest in the movie, from all reports. That's unlikely to be a bit part.

13. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

You people must WANT her to have a small role or something.

14. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

If she is Sharon, I don't want her to be the love interest and that's all. I'd love her to be her own character and just be a love interest on the side. I'd also like her to actually talk to Widow and Maria.

15. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Who says they spent a lot of time on it? It's not a race.

Haven't been announced. We don't know if they've been cast or not, deals might have been signed months ago.

16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

This movie has a **** ton of characters. So its hard to see how they are going to be able to divvy up time with all these faces. Not to mention all these flashbacks that are supposed to have Peggy fight scenes.

17. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I wouldnt say "**** ton" you gotta remember half the characters from it's predecessor are 90+ or dead. They had to recast the entire movie.

18. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

He's right. There are a ton. We have Cap, Widow, Fury, EVC, Falcon, Crossbones, WS, Batroc, Arnim Zola, Maria Hill, Redford's role, etc.

That's a lot to juggle in one movie.

19. BullMcGiveny

That's not really the point.

Maybe EVC can do the role and prep in two months, but a lot of actresses couldn't.

Basically, if EVC was cast two months before shooting, then that means than two and a half months before shooting, Sharon wasn't cast. Meaning that at the time, Marvel had no idea who was going to be Sharon or if she would action-scene capable.

20. onyxrose81

onyxrose81 Well-Known Member

Do you honestly think all these people will have significant screen time? They may only be in the movie at most for a scene or two, or lurking in the background.

21. BullMcGiveny

Not at all. It just genuinely looks like she'll have screentime comparable to Leslie Bibb as opposed to Gwyneth Paltrow.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  22. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

For most of them, yes, I do think they'll have a lot of screen time. Really, Batroc is the only one I see who might be relegated to one-and-done duty.

23. peterparker0077

peterparker0077 Well-Known Member

there's nothing to say one way or the other whether her part is big or not. We just don't know. Many actors/actresses have been cast 2 months prior to filming, and there parts were huge, so that's not a sign. Chris Evans himself wasn't even cast til around 3 months out, and Hayley Atwell herself was cast just over 2 months out. I personally hope her part is decent, she's a great actress, and I hope there chemistry is great, I'm assuming that's why they casted her.

24. peterparker0077

peterparker0077 Well-Known Member

I don't think Hill will have much screen time either, or Zola or Redford for that matter. Not that their roles are not important, I just think they'll not see much screen time.

25. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

Okay, that could have been the case for Emily too. The point still stands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.