Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

I'm one of the few who supported the idea of Atwell playing Sharon. In one stroke they could have 1) retained a very talented actress and 2) preserved the obvious chemistry between Hayley and Chris.

Those two points outweigh the negatives, which are few, imo.

And no I'm not interested in why you think it's a bad idea, so save your breath. I've heard it already and disagree, and you aren't going to change my mind.

2. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

Honestly, I still don't understand why there's even flashbacks.

3. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

Tracking Winter Soldier's actions through the decades?

4. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

That I want. Steve doing stupid flashbacks in his head, not so much.

5. TheHeatKitchen

TheHeatKitchen Well-Known Member

Flashbacks involving Steve would be worthless. And who is going to provide the narrative for the flashbacks on TWS? Redford's character maybe?

6. BullMcGiveny

It's Steve's movie, I don't think flashbacks involving Steve would be worthless.

As for who provides the narrative for the flashbacks, well, remember that it's Peggy's flashbacks.

7. TheHeatKitchen

TheHeatKitchen Well-Known Member

There's not much to flashback to. They've shown basically everything relevant in his past.

I guess they could show a date with him and Peggy. But I have no interest in that. It'd just be filler. And there may be a small event between Bucky disappearing and Steve being frozen, but I can't think of anything that would have real relevance in the present involving Steve. Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't watched CATFA in a long while.

8. jonathancrane

jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Agreed on both accounts.

9. BullMcGiveny

We could be seeing flashbacks to the '40s to juxtapose them with the present and see just how much alien the world is to Steve and everything he's lost.

But it could be a flashback from Steve's perspective about Bucky. Before the war, or even during. We didn't get to see a whole lot of Bucky on his own in CATFA, pretty much all we know about him is that he's very loyal to Steve.

Ed Brubaker had established that Bucky had a bit of a trouble-making streak before the war, and during the war, he was the guy with the job of getting his hands dirty so that Cap wouldn't. It'd be interesting to explore that, IMO.

10. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

That is what I am thinking.

11. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I love the idea of flashbacks. They were used very successfully in Brubaker and Epting's run.

Also, a lot of comic book movies run from A to B (Hero gets powers, hero learns valuable lesson, Hero attacked by villain etc) and now that we're in Phase 2 I think it's a good idea to mix things up a bit and try new things. Iron Man 3 has already done that and using flashbacks well would work really well for Cap.

12. peterparker0077

peterparker0077 Well-Known Member

Remember folks, TFA took place over 3 years (yeah, didn't seem like it to me either), and they purposely left the majority of action during those 3 years at war off the screen so future movies could use it for flashbacks to develop other stories and arcs. Wether anyone agrees with that choice or not, it's what they did. I personally think they need to show case more of Cap's action back then to establish the legend of Captain America much stronger than it currently is in the MCU.

13. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

When did say they did that for that purpose?

14. Steve Holt

Steve Holt STEVE HOLT!

i vaguely remember an interview where they mentioned that, might have been the writers or johnston

15. KDM1986

KDM1986 Midnight Sons Founder

The more Winter Soldier the better.

16. BullMcGiveny

I wouldn't go that far. I think that, up until perhaps the middle of the movie, Winter Soldier's appearances should be brief, but when they occur they're incredibly memorable and pack tremendous impact.

17. BullMcGiveny

I remember it, too. They said that they wanted to allude that Steve didn't only fight the Red Skull in WWII, but other villains as well, such as Zemo Sr or Von Strucker.

18. peterparker0077

peterparker0077 Well-Known Member

Johnston and the writers said it in post interviews and I think they say it a few times in the extras that came with the Blue Ray.

19. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

I'd be fine with a few flashbacks to show a bit more of Steve and Bucky's relationship, Winter Soldier's progression, and to show what Steve has lost.

However, they should be used sparingly
    By the end of Brubaker's run I was ready to murder him if he threw in one more damn WWII flashback.

20. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I'd be okay with that. Hell, I'd like to see a full-blown TV show set during WWII with Golden Age Cap's exploits, including more adventures with The Howling Commandos and the creation of the Invaders (android Human Torch and Union Jack, Falsworth, are even alluded to in CATFA).

21. Norrin Parker

Norrin Parker Majestor of the Shi'ar

I think a limited series comic based on MCU Cap's WWII days would be plausible. That way we could have Human Torch, Union Jack, and maybe Namor.

22. DN91

DN91 SSR Agent

We've had tie-ins to the MCU that filled in the blanks left by the films (Fury's Big Week and the Iron Man 3 prelude), so one that does the same for Cap would be very plausible.

23. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

No set photos in a while =( and they have been shooting in DC

24. DeGenerate10

DeGenerate10 Br Ba

I wish they'd show Bones :(

25. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

Not much is known about the DC shoot considering Marvel is going to great lengths to keep the shooting locations underwraps, but I've seen reports that scenes will be filmed at "several national memorials" and the National Air and Space Museum.

Based on the DC casting call from a few weeks, there will be scenes involving a bunch of kids. I'm thinking the kids will be visiting the museum when action unfolds.

Also, Max Hernandez just tweeted that he's in DC...implying that Agent Sitwell will take part in the shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.