Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzanne78

Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

Honestly, best gif ever.

Get it, Flickchick!

I think I'd be slightly disappointed if EVC and Agent 13's role is minimized in this movie, to be honest. I don't think she's a great actress, but I'm very curious as to who she'll be playing (I'm sure it's Sharon) and what she'll bring to the role. I kind of see BW's extensive role in this movie more as them following the Winter Soldier's storyline from the comics more than anything else, so I'm stoked for that as well, but I don't necessarily see how these DC shoots mean automatically that EVC's role has been minimized. I wonder if she'll be undercover for parts of the film.

Has there been any confirmation about another Cap uniform besides the one that was already leaked? I really dug that new design.

2. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Revenge Is on hituas.

It defently seems Black widow Is more or less female lead of film.

3. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

She does not, unless they've already started shooting for the fall season. The season finale was last Sunday and they weren't exactly shooting that right up to the last minute as it went to air, maybe frantically still trying to get in a few scenes while part 1 was airing an hour before part 2.

4. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

Didn't Revenge wrap a while ago?

Anthony Mackie described it as a Cap, Falcon and Black Widow teamup. The way he says, it sounds like there sounded like there was very little chance there'll be a fourth member to the ensemble.

And it has been a month and a half. Shooting is at the halfway point. Every time we've seen set pics, it's Chris and Scarlett.

So, while the comics has Sharon joining Steve in the field and fighting at his side, the movie seems going the route of having her somewhere, possibly sticking to HQ, while Natasha is the one to go out and get **** done.

5. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I'm okay with this. Not every superhero movie has to involve a love story.

6. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Well looks like Evans is jacked up and ready, His biceps muscles are huge.

7. peterparker0077

peterparker0077 Well-Known Member

I seem to remember seeing a story some time ago about Van Camp on set filming and her boyfriend, who is also on Revenge, also tweeted he was visiting her on set... so she has been filming.... so I'm thinking it's more of (b) above... but yeah, we haven't seen any of the other guys you mentioned yet either.

I'm still hoping for a unique white or light grey jumpsuit for Van Camp...

8. Ksb36

Ksb36 Well-Known Member

Atwell is back in London, based on her Twitter. She spent two whole months in LA (from March 16 to just recently) working on this film. Even a One Shot should not have taken more than a few days of that time. I still hold out that her role is more substantial than most people think.

VanCamp has been very quiet about her schedule, but based on the tabs, she hasn't really left LA yet to go shoot anywhere. If you go back to the Deadline article that announced her casting, they DO call her the female LEAD of the film, but they do NOT call her the love interest. All of the press reports stem from this one article. The only other fully confirmable thing we know about her part is that she will play Agent 13 (that's from the Marvel press release), but NO WHERE reputable has it been confirmed that she is playing a character named Sharon Carter.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/revenges-emily-vancamp-lands-lead-in-captain-america-2/

We also know ScarJo has a very big part in the film, and in fact many believe she is the defacto female lead.

That's it. That's all we have to go by. Ninety five percent of everything else is speculation on our parts. You have to go back to the original announcement on Deadline--everybody else just took that very small bit of information and piled on and on.

9. peterparker0077

Well, not necessarily. If she was doing multiple fight scenes for the one shot, or even one intensive one, it could take a few weeks to film with choreography and all.

10. Ksb36

Ksb36 Well-Known Member

How long are these One Shots, generally? The Coulson one that I saw is barely four minutes long. It does have fight choreography, but I find it hard to believe that more than a week at most, was spent on what's essentially a throw away nod to the fans. Okay, it looks like the Item 47 one was 12 minutes, which is very long. Again, even if Peggys One Shot is 10 minutes long, that doesn't seem to adequately represent the sheer amount of TIME that she spent in LA.

Money talks, folks. And it's not cheap to bring someone over from London and put them in a hotel somewhere and comp them day after day. Marvel is notoriously cheap. So either the flashbacks are more extensive than most think, or Hayley's got a bigger part than anyone's let on. I believe the latter.

11. peterparker0077

I think it's a mix between her parts in the one shot, and her filming on Cap. But we'll see.

12. Crimson King

From Splash Page (source)

13. PyroChamber

PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

I would hope it's more than that, bringing her back just to do a one shot.

14. Crimson King

She did say that she was also "doing a bit in the new film."

15. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

Hot damn is Evans sexy. And he looks every bit the role. :woot:

16. StarLord

StarLord Boogeyman

I haven't even seen these 'One Shot' movies/clips.

Are they worth looking into?

17. DN91

DN91 SSR Agent

They're nice short films that expand a bit on the MCU. The best one is on the First Avenger BluRay/DVD release, which features Agent Coulson at his best.

18. TheHeatKitchen

TheHeatKitchen Well-Known Member

They are all worth checking out. All neat little films. Missing them wouldn't be the end of the worth, but I'd recommend checking them out.

19. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

So yeah, I'm at the Willard Hotel where they're currently shooting, and this is totally Mission: Impossible. They've got this whole block fortified with eager PA's, lol. Can't see ****. :(

20. Crimson King

Tell them you're a reporter for SHH.

21. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

I hope that's it. It just is weird. having the same actress play a different character

22. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

If she says that, then she'd probably get thrown out even faster. Probably better to stay inconspicuous.

23. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I wonder where Agent 13 will stand in all of this.

Did Peggy get married and move on with her life?

24. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

lots of photos from today on tumblr under captain America 2. i'd linkbut my PC is being weird.

25. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

and i don't even know why it quoted that, haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.