Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 5

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Again, I'd give credit to that, except for the fact that the driver-side window is down in all those shots. :word:

2. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

Alright, you got me. Though maybe we get a closeup on Fury and they roll down the window so the camera doesn't get reflected in the glass? I got nothing.

Is there a video of the goings on on YouTube or anywhere that'll show it to us dirty foreigners outside the US? I don't have a precise idea what happened, exactly.

Steve isn't the type of person to kill cops just following orders and doing their jobs to save Fury, and if Black Widow, Falcon or Sharon are working with him, then -putting aside that neither would they- he wouldn't be cool with them doing it either.

3. cherokeesam

Agreed that Cap wouldn't use lethal force, unless he was absolutely certain that it was necessary. Maybe the cops are unequivocally bad guys here --- HYDRA troops in disguise or something.

4. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Doesn't look like we'll get a good look at any of the main actors until Tuesday since they have the Memorial Day weekend off. Sounds like they're filming in a couple locations, with the downtown SUV chase scene being the most public filming site. Guess this is really possible due to having the Russo Bros. directing.

5. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

Following Frank Grillo's tweet that he's heading to Cleveland, someone has posted a pic of Chris Evans in town while Sebastian Stan was spotted renewing his GNC membership also in Cleveland. A lot of extras will be filming tomorrow, so hopefully we'll see more of the gang suited up.

6. Webfoot Hero

Some of the locations they'll be filming at in Cleveland (they're shooting in more locations but likely in areas not needing to closed off to traffic/public):

Sunday: Bolivar Road at Prospect Avenue.

Sunday, Tuesday through June 1: Huron Road between Ontario and Prospect avenues.

Tuesday through 5 p.m. Saturday: Prospect Avenue between East Fourth and East 17th streets.

Tuesday though Saturday: East Ninth Street between Chester and Bolivar avenues.

Thursday through June 14: West Shoreway will be closed from Lake Avenue by Edgewater Park and East Ninth Street by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Thursday through June 14: West Third Street between Lakeside and St. Clair avenues.

(http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/captain_america_the_winter_sol.html#incart_m-rpt-2)

7. Merlo

Merlo Well-Known Member

It sounds like a lot of the action will involve cars. Do not want, I want to see comic book characters duking it out. Especially Fury, Cap, and Black Widow. I was thinking, what if Rob's character is Red Skull in disguise? That is a loose end that needs to be tied up. Fury being in trouble, I wonder if it is cause of the mess that was New York in The Avengers, it would be cool to see Fury use his fists this time in combat.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  8. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

You have to mix your action up when it comes to big Blockbusters, especially when Cap is not super-powered which keeps him restricted to mostly punch-ups. I thought the first movie did a good job in this aspect.

9. Merlo

Merlo Well-Known Member

I'm for mixing up action, but car chases? That type of action has never really been my cup of tea. I would like to see Cap rely less on his shield this time when he is beating bad guys up and would like to see him be the expert marksman that he is suppose to be. Since Red Skull isn't the movie, I think that Zola will be revealed as the one who actually brainwashed Bucky, it would make sense to go in that direction.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  10. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't like car chases before. :p

11. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Is there a confirmed car chase? I've seen the black SUV getting shot up and the art of Cap and Winter Soldier fighting a freeway, but nothing about an actual chase.

12. Webfoot Hero

With how much time they've spent shooting the SUV/DC Police scene in downtown Cleveland, I'd say something big is going to happen. There's been a couple stories on various sites that have said TWS will have the biggest vehicle chase scene that has been filmed for the MCU. They are also closing a 3-mile stretch of highway to film more parts of a potential chase scene. Plus, a story on the "other site," said Marvel bought 40 used vehicles from a car dealership to be used as parked and stunt cars.

13. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

I'd definitely say that confirms a chase scene. :eek: :funny: It's funny that it says "the biggest vehicle chase scene that has been filmed for the MCU," I'm trying to think of any vehicle chases as such outside of the brief bike one in TFA and I guess Hulk vs the Humvee's in TIH. I wonder if the below concept art is part of the chase.

[​IMG]

14. Merlo

Merlo Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm ok with them, but in small dosages. Has anyone figured out the mystery person that aids Fury?

15. marvel_freshman

This is the chase scene they've been filming for the past few days. Not sure if there are any characters, other than Fury, that are involved. However, there have been reported sightings of Evans, Stan, Grillo And Johansson in town.
    https://vine.co/v/bVq6W9Jm3Y7

16. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

I guess there was that little chase scene at the beginning of Avengers

17. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

Does the Iron Man 2 racetrack scene qualify?

18. Webfoot Hero

I really don't because no one was really chasing anybody down, except for Happy racing to get Tony the suitcase armor. In the IM series, the only real chase scene was probably WM and the Hammer Drones chasing IM at the Stark Expo, which still isn't a traditional vehicle chase scene like they're filming now for TWS. I think most of the chase scenes so far in the MCU were in TFA (Brooklyn taxi/sub, motorcyle chase to HYDRA base, and CA trying to get aboard the Valkyrie airplane.)

19. bubbadoom

bubbadoom Well-Known Member

I was happy to read that Gary Shandling has returned to the Marvel Universe in this movie - NOW I'm excited!

20. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

I forgot about that one.

Like Webfoot Hero, I don't really think it counts as a chase.

21. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

more like a Cannon Ball run :D

22. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

23. cherokeesam

Nice photo, Vartha.

Happy Memorial Day, one and all.

24. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

"Funny how annoying a little prick can be, isn't it?"

25. marvel_freshman

This week seems promising for a couple first looks, with Sebastian Stan also being spotted in town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.