The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving what I'm seeing so far with CA:TWS-

-The car chase stuff: LOVING that it all looks like practical effects/stuntwork with minimal green screen.

-Cap in DC; perfect setting is perfect.

-Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie broyaying it up, and ScarJo getting to drive all the cool vehicles.

-The dialogue looks like it'll be a good mix of humor and character building moments.

-DAT CAST!

-DEM ARMS! DAT UNDER ARMOR SHIELD ISSUED SHIRT FOR CAP! LOVE!!

I'm so stoked for this movie. This and GOTG are tied for my most anticipated movie for 2014.

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far with CA:TWS-

-The car chase stuff: LOVING that it all looks like practical effects/stuntwork with minimal green screen.

-Cap in DC; perfect setting is perfect.

-Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie broyaying it up, and ScarJo getting to drive all the cool vehicles.

-The dialogue looks like it'll be a good mix of humor and character building moments.

-DAT CAST!

-DEM ARMS! DAT UNDER ARMOR SHIELD ISSUED SHIRT FOR CAP! LOVE!!

I'm so stoked for this movie. This and GOTG are tied for my most anticipated movie for 2014.

:up:

Not to mention Jasper Sitwell and Sen. Shandling Stern discussing, um, their favorite monster from mythology. ;)

That, along with Don Cheadle saying in an interview last month that they're working on an IP cameo in CATWS, makes me think that this movie is going to carry a lot of those MCU tie-ins/easter eggs that fanboys love and regular audiences love to ***** about.

:up:

Not to mention Jasper Sitwell and Sen. Shandling Stern discussing, um, their favorite monster from mythology. ;)

That, along with Don Cheadle saying in an interview last month that they're working on an IP cameo in CATWS, makes me think that this movie is going to carry a lot of those MCU tie-ins/easter eggs that fanboys love and regular audiences love to ***** about.

DON CHEADLE TOO?! Fantastic! I'm loved his Rhodey, and I really, really need more of him in the Marvel movies. The one depressing thing about IM3 is the possibility that I may not have more War Machine/Rhodey and Rhodes/Stark banter anymore, at least with both Cheadle and RDJ in the roles.

And yeah, I got super excited with the pics of Shandling returning with Sitwell. I want to see the direction they're going to take with Sitwell's character, and Shandling is always welcome for me.

This news GIVES ME SO MUCH JOY!!

New prop seen on the Cleveland TWS set. Really wonder what they going to do with it.

tumblr_mniqiuJx9O1rwo657o1_1280.jpg

New prop seen on the Cleveland TWS set. Really wonder what they going to do with it.

tumblr_mniqiuJx9O1rwo657o1_1280.jpg

Set it on fire, maybe?
Looks like some bizarre bonfire for a hazing ritual, or Viking funeral. Maybe it's a [BLACKOUT]HYDRA[/BLACKOUT] thing.

I remember a HUGE nest somewhere (a scuplture) about the time Chicago got the big Chrome Bean, Can be for Falcon the lay an egg

Getting anxious waiting new set pics with actual actors. C'mon Cleveland.:dry:

This past holiday weekend, we had guests over and ended up watching TFA on cable. One girl had never seen the film or read the comics. I find her reaction to Bucky kinda funny and interesting:
  • She was confused of why he has so many names. Without really knowing his name, he is her favorite character mainly because she thinks he's hot
  • In the beginning when they said their good-byes, she thought for sure he was going to die in the war cos that how most war films work - the best friend dies.
  • Then when he got rescued, she was excited because she didn't think they would go all that trouble then kill him.:lmao:
  • However, since the movie wasn't half over, she predicted that they were going to make him into a bad guy by turning against Steve due to jealousy or have him compete for Peggy's affection.
  • She was pissed when he fell off the train (haven't told her about TWS yet :hehe:)

Giving her reaction, I thought it's interesting how they managed not to follow the typical movie formula for the hero's best friend. Even in the sequel, Bucky does not turn bad because of jealousy (unless they're really deviating from the source). While I love that they seem to be incorporating different story lines, I hope they put the focus on Steve and Bucky's relationship. The material on that alone would make a great film.

We've gotten craploads of set images from Amazing Spider-Man 2, let's hope the same can be said for The Winter Soldier. I'm really interested in seeing if Cap does get another outfit other than the Super-Soldier outfit we've seen.

If you search the "#CaptainAmerica2" hashtag on Twitter, you may come across a potential spoiler (from someone guarding the set) that further alludes to what most of you guys have been speculating. :woot:

If you search the "#CaptainAmerica2" hashtag on Twitter, you may come across a potential spoiler (from someone guarding the set) that further alludes to what most of you guys have been speculating. :woot:

Found it and looks like there's going to be [BLACKOUT]Nick Fury's grave[/BLACKOUT] in the movie.

We've gotten craploads of set images from Amazing Spider-Man 2, let's hope the same can be said for The Winter Soldier. I'm really interested in seeing if Cap does get another outfit other than the Super-Soldier outfit we've seen.
Seems they're filming most of CA's scenes out of the public eye, to sort of hide CA and the rest of the gang. We've seen more of Falcon's suit than we have of CA's. Have to think they'll have to get CA in some of the downtown shoots if they're playing such a big part in the movie.

I'm torn... part of me wouldn't mind waiting to see Sebastian Stan later on once the studio starts releasing the teasers and official stills.

But another (huge) part of me is SUUUUUUPER impatient for more.

Guess which part is winning right now? :woot:

BTW, Emily VanCamp has been in the Philippines, via her Twitter.

Has she been anywhere near that set since early April?

Hmmmm. She's clearly not part of the Cleveland scenes.

Is she in the Philippines for filming? Or for other reasons?

This guy is an extra on set right now. Pretty much confirms Sebastian Stan, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson and maybe Cobie Smulders are there too. But the set that they're on is currently closed off...leaving our chances of getting good set pics slim to none. :csad:

Anyhow, they filmed another part of the car chase scene with Fury today. Two police cruisers are smashed by a truck...helping Fury out unintentionally...maybe. http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/entertainment/movies/local_films/video-huge-hollywood-crash-scene-leaves-onlookers-in-awe-on-set-of-captain-america-in-cleveland

Seems they're filming most of CA's scenes out of the public eye, to sort of hide CA and the rest of the gang. We've seen more of Falcon's suit than we have of CA's. Have to think they'll have to get CA in some of the downtown shoots if they're playing such a big part in the movie.

I'm thinking they're going to great lengths to prevent major details from leaking out.

Is she in the Philippines for filming? Or for other reasons?
I have a feeling she's not as involved as we initially thought when she was cast. Probably going to be more of a bit role that may evolve into something larger, depending on who she's playing and what kind of arc they have for CA.

Yup, that clenches it.

At least the movies aren't making Clint take Sam's place.

C'mon, she's was in the Phillipines because of Memorial Day weekend. Besides, all of the Cleveland scenes so far have been action oriented and mostly limited to Nick Fury. This clenches nothing. It's not like we've heard about Sebastian being on set until now. [sarcasm]I guess he's not in the movie a lot either.[/sarcasm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"