The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the whole "this is cruel and unusual punishment" for the characters thing. Unless Peggy has no access to any form of media, she knows Steve is alive and back. Probably important for her soul as much as his. But yes, it should be heart wrenching and painful.

No idea honestly. But if I was doing it, I'd build up to it a bit. Have Steve almost avoiding it, afraid of the situation, and having Natasha possibly encouraging him.

I'd also have it tied to the Winter Solider. She could have some knowledge of him, which would bring the flashbacks into play.

Even to the point of knowing/suspecting that Winter Soldier was Bucky all along? That might be an interesting plot point. And SHIELD never believed her, told her how it was impossible for Bucky to have survived that fall. Could create a nice dynamic to the veterans' home scene, and a turning point where Steve first catches on to WS' identity.

Also, regarding the Stony/Brony bromances, I think TA1 got the antagonism right between Cap and IM, at least in light of their portrayal this century. I think more comic-book fans these days know them as bitter rivals in Civil War than as generic Superfriends from the Avengers. The "Brony"/Science Brothers thing is still unique to the movies and a bit weird, when you compare it to the comics. I keep wondering if this budding friendship is about to be sorely tested in a TIH sequel, with Tony reluctantly having to build Hulkbuster armor after all, and/or deciding that the only safe place for the Hulk is in outer space, a la PH/WWH.

take this for what ever way you want but Armie Hammer was spotted on set of captain America 2 to meet a friend so he says....

I will file that under "Paul Rudd is Ant-Man because he was photographed with Marvel stars."

take this for what ever way you want but Armie Hammer was spotted on set of captain America 2 to meet a friend so he says....

Yeah but his response during the interviews was kinda.... off.

Like he wasn't being entirely truthful.

But who knows, we'll see. There's a good chance we'll get a casting announcement at SDCC this year.

If he is in the movie, maybe he's playing the role Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was originally up for?

I will file that under "Paul Rudd is Ant-Man because he was photographed with Marvel stars."

This :up:

I wonder who is going to be this movies *minor* character that is rumored to be a major character but isn't just like the Amanda Righetti is Sharon Carter, Stephanie Szostak is Wasp, Mackenzie Grey is Lex Luthor rumors/lies.

rs_293x473-130612142912-634.evans2.cm.61213_copy.jpg

Perhaps the man with the green polo and baseball cap is Baron Zemo.....

Can't wait to see how S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ looks like.

Cool I was wondering if they would ever use the Treskelion.

CBM Daily Superhero guy. He's been on the set of Winter Soldier for a while and two people involved with the film said they're shooting scenes for the Treskilion with a stand in bridge and Museum acting as an interior.

Would've loved Armie Hammer as Cap ..... if he does end up in an MCU role I shall rejoice, t'would be long overdue.

Would've loved Armie Hammer as Cap ..... if he does end up in an MCU role I shall rejoice, t'would be long overdue.

I could see him as a young Pym. Or even Lang, actually. But he's a solid actor and I'd be glad to see him in a Marvel movie too.

I don't care what happened the comics. I love Cap but I loved the Banner/Stark's relationship and want to see more of that.

I just want balanced team dynamics. They can continue to show the Banner/Stark friendship, but I don't want them to sacrifice the team's entire relationship to each other.

I don't think Joss will do that though. He's really good at juggling ensembles.

And as a Steve/Tony bromance fan, I really did love their antagonism in the Avengers. Yet I adored the tag for IM3, because Ruffalo is a Ruffahunk!! *see what I did there?!*

Starting a "PAUL RUDD FOR ANT-MAN!!" campaign now!

... although I'm holding out hope for Nikolaj Coster-Waldau for Hank. Or something else in the MCU. He'd be wonderful!

Stark/Antman ensures more friendly conflict within the team, a healthy dose, get us the AntMan!

Starting a "PAUL RUDD FOR ANT-MAN!!" campaign now!

... although I'm holding out hope for Nikolaj Coster-Waldau for Hank. Or something else in the MCU. He'd be wonderful!

Agreed! I'll take NCW in whatever Marvel role they want to give him.

DAMN. For some reason, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau seems almost perfect to me, for Pym and I don't know why. I could definitely see him or Patrick Wilson in the role.

I had to look up that name. Had no idea that was the Kingslayer's actor's name.

Agreed! I'll take NCW in whatever Marvel role they want to give him.

Iron Fist?

hey he was in Black Hawk Down. I'll have to watch that again and see if I can spot him.

edit: No need, he's one of the snipers in the helicopter. Skip to 34 seconds in -

[YT]K47VXTNkE_8[/YT]

Last edited:
I just want balanced team dynamics. They can continue to show the Banner/Stark friendship, but I don't want them to sacrifice the team's entire relationship to each other.

And as a Steve/Tony bromance fan, I really did love their antagonism in the Avengers. Yet I adored the tag for IM3, because Ruffalo is a Ruffahunk!! *see what I did there?!*

He did do well juggling the varying personalities in Avengers, so I've got faith that he can succeed again.

I want balanced team dynamics as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"