The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody see the set photos (on the "other site") of the supposed torture device that someone is going to be using? Sounds like Redford could be in Cleveland soon to film the scenes involving the device. The device could also be what makes WS a brainwashed assassin, similar to the one used by the Soviets in the comics on their assassins.

My thought exactly.

tumblr_mozbehuDXD1rrwrmho2_500.jpg

What are the "Breakout scenario for avengers 2...mandarin, Ultimo, Ultron is there as an AI..."

There are true infos or just speculation?

What are the "Breakout scenario for avengers 2...mandarin, Ultimo, Ultron is there as an AI..."

There are true infos or just speculation?

Sheer and utter speculation, from a very untrustworthy source.

Though I think the "breakout scene" was actually mentioned by someone more reliable as an Avengers 2 rumor. No details beyond it, though.

But hey, if folks want to take him at face value, and say there's nothing at all unusual about an actor in the middle of promoting a megabudget gajillion-dollar star turn that's designed to be his breakout to marquee immortality wandering down to Cleveland Frickin' Ohio to visit a "friend" --- especially when there's absolutely no one attached to the CATWS cast and crew that Armie Hammer can be found to have worked with before, ever --- well hey, go for it.

I don't see why everyone is jumping down on this guy for saying he is visiting a friend. He doesn't have to had worked with someone before on set to be their friend. He could've been seeing a runner who is an old high school buddy. My bet is he's just visiting a friend.

okay. I am just going to say this once. lol. i still PM him regularly...and hate to say toldja so, but..there it is haha. Seriously though, from what I made of it, he knows the general characters and plans for the phases with some detail, and finer stuff from movie to movie, he has to guess until more is revealed....but he wasn't full of it. The stuff he posted in the threads, was his speculation off what he KNEW, with bits of real stuff in it..I talk to him about that, he basically in a way, is trolling us all with real info....the stuff I talk to him about VIA PM, he's been telling me this since January. Breakout scenario for avengers 2...mandarin, Ultimo, Ultron is there as an AI....he also told me back in january that the comics are trying to bring the universes togetther, trying to merge the ultimates with 616..which I thought was kind of crap...but..age of ultron just ended..and we saw how that ended. i still talk to him regularly, and if he's right about this...then there's a good chance that he is right about what he's told me the main story is up through phase 3...then all other comic book film studios should throw in the towel

And how is he going to fit into the Avengers 2? I can understand "Mandarin", Abomination and The Leader but Ultimo?

No, the way to do World War Hulk is "you don't, because it was a terrible story."

Doesn't mean a film version has to be. MS isn't doing straight up adaptations anyway.

But regardless it's the wrong storyline, I was thinking of Planet Hulk.

eh I'm indifferent to it at this point

so I work with a Russo, (First cousin of the duo directing the film here in Cleveland) he said he got to go down on set and be an extra in a scene with his daughter, they standing right next to Evans for the shot (it's apparently been scrapped or they're now only walking past though) but he said Evans was a real jerk, wouldn't talk with them or give any attention to the Russo family and the kids that came to set to visit lol. But still I found it sweet he got to meet Evans, lucky ass!

I was hesitant to read the Winter Soldier arc since The Extremis storyline by Warren Ellis disappointed me so much when preparing for Iron Man 3 (even though I loved the film, and the way Extremis was integrated into it). But I finally read Brubaker's first 14 issues of his Cap run and it was fantastic! More pumped then ever to see this film now!

Is the series worth continuing on? I've heard a couple people say they couldn't really get into it after that point.

Last edited:
not sure if you guys have seen this.... it's new to me...

(SPOILER)
http://www.shockya.com/news/2013/06...tm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_66635

As for Chris being a jerk, my guess is that he was in the Zone and was focused on his job. I doubt he was just being a jerk. He probably didn't even know it happened.
That news and those photos were posted the same day it was filmed.

On the Evans front, he's actually been pretty accommodating to fans while filming TWS and TA. So far in filming TWS, there's been photos of him signing autographs and meeting fans in Cleveland and DC. The day the Russo family was there, he easily could have been busy and/or in his acting bubble.

I was hesitant to read the Winter Soldier arc since The Extremis storyline by Warren Ellis disappointing me so much when preparing for Iron Man 3 (even though I loved the film, and the way Extremis was integrated into it). But I finally read Brubaker's first 14 issues of his Cap run and it was fantastic! More pumped then ever to see this film now!

Is the series worth continuing on? I've heard a couple people say they couldn't really get into it after that point.
Some people have a hard time because WS shows up sporadically, CA gets killed off in #25, and then there's really no CA until #34. I'd say read through at least #50 if you want a taste of Bucky CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"