The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was quite clear that in first movie Red skull didnt die but got teleported through the cosmic cube. It could be possible that the red skull character is been saved for captain America trilogy or as a bridge to 3rd avengers movie .
Their might also be a cameo of red skull in this movie .

Well, given what's he's previously said about the experience of playing RS, I wouldnt bet on Weaving making a return.

We don't know where he went, all we know is that he disapeared while holding the Cosmic Cube, and that the Cosmic Cube was in SHIELD's hands for several decade. If it sent him away to whoever knows where, it could bring him back.

Not unless Red Skull learns Loki's "Doors Open From Both Sides" trick. And at this point in the story, if Skully learns/uses that trick, he's going to wind up in Asgard, not Earth.

Well, given what's he's previously said about the experience of playing RS, I wouldnt bet on Weaving making a return.

^This. Skull didn't prove to be a particularly popular cinematic villain, and the actor publicly ridiculed the role and wants no part of it. Despite comic-book canon showing Red Skull returning to remain Cap's nemesis in the present day, I don't think that particular route is very high on Marvel Studios' agenda at all.

CATWS next month will show footage Comic-con.First theatrical Trailer released September.

^This. Skull didn't prove to be a particularly popular cinematic villain, and the actor publicly ridiculed the role and wants no part of it. Despite comic-book canon showing Red Skull returning to remain Cap's nemesis in the present day, I don't think that particular route is very high on Marvel Studios' agenda at all.

Although the RS wasn't developed that well, he is still the second most popular MCU villain.
Source: polls, conversations, him and loki are always remembered.

I'd rather they stay away from the Skull for now. I'm hoping Pierce reveals himself to be Lukin.

Is that really much of a reveal, though? If he's going to have a hidden identity and it's supposed to be a big surprise, I'm hoping it has more impact than just being Lukin.

images

Maybe Pierce=Lukin=Red Skul.

Hmm.. What would they attach it to? Riddick? Rush? Cloudy With A Chance 2?

Released with the premier episode of Agents of SHIELD would be my guess.

secret sources...you'll see, trailer will be released in September!
Not cool. Welcome to the boards, by the way.

Unrevealed sources aside, your predictions/announcements are plausible/logical.

Is that really much of a reveal, though? If he's going to have a hidden identity and it's supposed to be a big surprise, I'm hoping it has more impact than just being Lukin.

Well, that the director of SHIELD turns out to be a KGB agent still on a mission 20+ years after the cold war is enough of a surprise.

Well, that the director of SHIELD turns out to be a KGB agent still on a mission 20+ years after the cold war is enough of a surprise.

Agreed. As long as his infiltration is the reveal and not "Surprise! It's Lukin!" then I'm fine with it. Lukin wouldn't have the impact of someone like Skull (or a Skrull).

Why would we even question the fact that a trailer will be released in mid to late September? In fact we should expect it. Marvel has been releasing their first trailers around 7 months prior to the film premier for a while now.

I don't think a teaser in September sounds outrageous or anything. I can't wait to see footage of this film so the sooner the better.

I was expecting it with/around Thor 2

It will definitely be with Thor 2, but with only 5 months separating those films, I think we get CA:TWS trailer 1 sometime around September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"