Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

You're not the only one :cwink:
    In fact it was a top comment one time on youtube :yay:
    So we are not alone.......

2. Suzanne78

Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

They all trained at the Stormtrooper Sharpshooter Academy. :woot:

3. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Agreed x 2. As long as no bloody triangle with Hawkeye. No more love triangles in films ever please.

4. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

I don't think I've seen a well-done love triangle in any of these movies ever. They never seem to serve any overall purpose. That, and they're usually boring as hell. Fortunately they have been doing well with general romance lately, namely Tony/Pepper and to an extent, Steve/Peggy. Even Bruce/Rachel served a thematic purpose in BB & TDK.

5. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

http://contrapauli.blogspot.com/

6. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

There isn't going to be a love triangle in this movie as there is one in Thor 2 and the writers are the same :D

7. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

Judging by that jet model, it seems they were shooting this scene with Cap on his motorbike

[​IMG]

8. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Seems very likely. Now you have to wonder who's picking him up (BW, Falcon, Fury, or Agent 13.)

9. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Lol. their armor was old Republic cast-offs. :D

Agreed, they don't need to add a triangle into the mix as it mostly just divides fans, especially in the age of the "Shipper."

10. DyeLorean

DyeLorean will return

"Love is for children"

11. Suzanne78

Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

B-b-but... I really really want to see Tumblr implode!

12. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

You mean a 20something handsome, legendary man who kissed your grandma (god rest her soul) once 70 years ago, before being lost to time; wanna go see a movie?

There's no "ick" factor there because there wasn't even a relationship, let alone sex; so there's nothing even remotely, legally, philosophically or morally incestuous about the Peggy-Sharon thing that some of you try to blow completely out of proportion.

But even if you play devil's advocate, you can avoid the whole thing by simply making SHARON the proactive one. She grew up listening to Grandma Peggy's thrilling stories about Captain America and His Howling Commandos, and Peggy's exploits spurred Sharon to become a top SHIELD agent herself. When she hears that Captain America is now alive and well and living in the 21st century, she does everything in her power to get transferred to his department in SHIELD; introduces herself to Cap as Peggy's granddaughter; does the whole schoolgirl crush thing. Cap doesn't even remotely come off looking like a creeper.

There may, or may not, be a love triangle in this movie, depending on whether or not Sharon Carter is even *in* this film. (At this point, there's no evidence that Agent 13 *is* Sharon, and there is increasing evidence that Emily Van Camp isn't even IN this film after all. God knows there's NO news about her in CATWS. Anywhere. Anytime. Ever.)

But at the same time, there's absolutely no evidence that there's a love triangle in TDW, either. At this point, "Jealous" Sif is just tumblr-shipping.

13. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

No, I meant exactly what I said. :)

14. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

And characters never change their minds? ;)

Hasn't it already because Yahoo bought it?

15. kosh33

kosh33 MCU Fanatic

wonder where hawkeye is (hopefully flying a quinjet)?

if he was in the movie, would he be in the shield taskforce team or would he be a fugitive with the captain? personally, i think movie hawkeye is a loyal shield agent, but comic hawkeye would be more of a rebel

16. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Is Hawkeye in the film? I've forgotten...

17. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

So putting aside that is a largely inaccurate description of Steve and Sharon's relationship, and that you've even got the relationship between Sharon and Peggy wrong...

Why would you want that? Not Steve/Natasha, I can understand people wanting that.

Sure, the good girl redeems bad boy has been done, but so has the inverse, actually. And it's kind of sexist either way.

Natasha has already turned good quite some time before Iron Man 2, or as good as she's gonna get. Any gooder and she looses what makes her interesting.

18. BullMcGiveny

Clint has a known bond to Natasha, so he would go rogue along with Natasha and Cap, and if he wasn't, he'd be excluded from the task force.

As it stands I expect he'll be away on a separate mission, and possibly be ignored much like Rhodey was in the Avengers.

19. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

It's not inaccurate besides the fact I got the Peggy/Sharon family tree a generation out, the rest was an admittedly flippant but accurate take on the fact that them having any kind of romantic relationship is creepy.

Where has the reverse of that relationship dynamic been done in a big action movie or TV show? The male is almost always the lead and the one who is reckless or has a darker side, it's certainly never been done in anything as remotely prominent as this film will be and is not a very common theme for a female character.

I don't see how anything is sexist in any statement I made, I just think the idea of the cold and brooding Natasha falling for and finding self-forgiveness in the film with the uber good guy Cap an interesting relationship I'd like to see.

20. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

It was a fangirl who wrote that post, which has been ricocheting around Tumblr ever since TA came out and broke all of our hearts. Theories like that fueled the Coulson Lives movement, which eventually helped bring the agent back to life. Now we need to cross our fingers that Joss came up with that or something even better as an explanation for Phil's unlikely resurrection.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  21. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Technically when Avengers were first formed Warmachine wasn't even a thought so yeah there's alot of Reason's why Rhodey didn't need to be there, like the same reasons Spidey and Logun wouldn't be there

22. BullMcGiveny

I don't really have any strong feelings about Coulson, and he could have stayed dead for all I cared...

But part of me would be amused if the SSR kept up the super-soldier research during the war and routinely took samples from Cap, including -we're mostly all grownups here- sperm. And when Steve goes missing, what samples they have were kept in cold storage.

Around the sixties, the project is dusted off and SHIELD decides to use the samples to create a new super-soldier in an old fashioned way. They artificially inseminate one of their agents, hoping the kid inherits some of his father's powers.

23. BullMcGiveny

It's creepy ONLY if the reason they're dating is because of Sharon's relationship to Peggy, which is decidedly NOT the case.

There've been cases of the heroic male "redeeming" the bad female. Catwoman being one, obviously.

24. BullMcGiveny

Actually at the time of the Avengers, Rhodey already had the War Machine. It was a subject of debate whey Fury wouldn't recruit Rhodey for the team, seeing as he was a reliable military officer and two iron men are better than one. But he wasn't, so people tried to fill in the blanks by assuming Rhodey has his own **** going on, and people will do the same with Clint.

Someone tweeted that she was shooting early in April, actually. The press release came out during shooting, so one assumes it was up to date.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  25. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

I'm talking about the comicbook tho and even THEN Cap wasn't around until issue 4 lol
    I SWEAR we had this convo before Bull lol Wasn't it mentioned that Rhodey was elsewhere and wasn't able to Help with Avengers? like the prequel comic or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.